Need VF-11 Yammie help

skunkobot

Hey all.

Just grabbed the the VF-11B from an import shop, the Yammie one. What is it, 1/60? Any ways, paid 79.95 plus tax on it after having my girlfriend doing a quick price check. Didn't realize that she was looking at the FP one and I was looking at the older one.

So what I'm trying to figure out is what were the major, if any differences exist between the two, other then the lack of FAST packs. I'm trying to figure out whether I should return it for store credit, or just keep it. Thanks a lot.

Hey all.

Just grabbed the the VF-11B from an import shop, the Yammie one. What is it, 1/60? Any ways, paid 79.95 plus tax on it after having my girlfriend doing a quick price check. Didn't realize that she was looking at the FP one and I was looking at the older one.

So what I'm trying to figure out is what were the major, if any differences exist between the two, other then the lack of FAST packs. I'm trying to figure out whether I should return it for store credit, or just keep it. Thanks a lot.

I don't know that the exact scale for the Yammie VF-11 has ever been nailed down, but it's a little bit bigger than 1/72 scale.

Well, the main thing with the first release was the hips. They broke before the valk was even taken out of the box. I never got the first version, so I can't give a personal account, other memebers will surly voice their oppinons on the subject. I found the Fp version to be extremely durable though.

It's from 1/67 to 1/70 I think. Don't recall if Graham ever got the EXACT number.

Anyways, the canopy was slightly changed for the heatshield, hip bars are said to be strengthened, and I think there was a slight change to the shoulder slider bars to prevent them from scraping pain on the calf sides in fighter mode.

No holes were added/removed/changed to accomodate FAST packs, it's always been able to.

Well, the main thing with the first release was the hips. They broke before the valk was even taken out of the box. I never got the first version, so I can't give a personal account, other memebers will surly voice their oppinons on the subject. I found the Fp version to be extremely durable though.

I got one of the old ones. I don't transform it much, but I've never had any problems. I always hated the vacuum form heatshield it came with though.

Here are some pictures as reference if you need 'em:

yvf11bfp_box.jpg

yvf11bfp_proto.jpg

And Graham has plenty of stuff on the original here.

Edited by Draykov

I think it's 1:60.

EVIDENCE:

1) The sticker sheet that came with my VF-11 FAST pack stated 1/60 YF-11B in the upper right hand corner of the sheet. I know it's a typo as it should be VF-11, but I'm putting what the sticker sheet says.

2) The height of the Battroid is very close to the VF-1 Battroid height.

VF-1 Battroid height: 12.68 meters

VF-11 Battroid height: 12.92 meters

Just food for thought.

But yah I love my VF-11. I'm still kinda worried about the hips, but so far, after multiple transformations and visual inspections, there doesn't seem to be any signs of cracking.

I was just playin' with mine (pre-FAST pack version) and I think I kinda hate it. :rolleyes: It's a cool Valk, but the toy is a bit difficult...particulary in the fuselage area in fighter mode where the shield is supposed to attach. I probably just wasn't being patient enough with it, but it was being a pain in the ass, so I put it down in sort of a mangled state.

Edited by Draykov

One day while transforming my VF-11 there was a sickening *snap* and I was holding a severed leg. :(

Super-glued the leg back on, but I'm afraid that it'll re-break off, or that the other will decide to come off.

I'm just gonna wait to see if Yamato does a new sculpt of the VF-11 like they've done with the YF-19FP. :) Seeing how well the VF-1 line has come out, QC issues aside, I'd wait a couple years for a VF-11 resculpt!

Besides I find that the current VF-11 has too large of a back, and the legs are too short. I still love my VF-11 though.