My Custom Lego Tomahawk Destroid

This is something I'd wanted to do for awhile and since I've had TWO snow/weather days off from teaching I decided to sit down and play legos with one of my sons. Yamato has recently come out with the Destroid series and their first (I believe) mecha was the Tomahawk. I took pictures off the internet and started building and here is what I came up with.

DSC02764.jpg

DSC02767.jpg

DSC02781.jpg

DSC02770.jpg

DSC02778.jpg

DSC02765-1.jpg

Edited by spires75

Sweet. Does the guy who built all these have instructions or anything?

That's what I find amazing. If I ever tried to build with Legos without instructions, the best I ended up with would be just a box with wings. That's a good job on the Tomahawk. The opening hatches are awesome. Neat stuff all around.

Here's a comparison photo with a Toynami 1/55 VF-1J. Also some better lit photos.

DSC02792.jpg

DSC02769.jpg

DSC02782.jpg

My Tomahawk stands about 12 inches tall.

Edited by spires75

Sweet. Does the guy who built all these have instructions or anything?

You guy are the greatest. I don't even have that photo and that is my office in 2006.

I don't have instructions but I do have MLCAD files for the VF-4, YF-19, YF-21 and the part subsets for the Monster.

The cabinet photo is equally old.... 2006 but the Monster and the Macross mini-figs are in upper left corner.

post-3784-1232245328_thumb.jpg

post-3784-1232245351_thumb.jpg

You guy are the greatest. I don't even have that photo and that is my office in 2006.

I don't have instructions but I do have MLCAD files for the VF-4, YF-19, YF-21 and the part subsets for the Monster.

The cabinet photo is equally old.... 2006 but the Monster and the Macross mini-figs are in upper left corner.

Wow you built all those lego valks? Amazing! PM on the way for MLCAD files.

Hope that this file will attach to the post. If this works everyone should be able to get the VF-4 and then I will post the others that I have.

Edit: Upload failed.

Mods! Can you create a lego MLCAD file section in the custom gallery so others can get these files?

Edited by Fly4victory

Hope that this file will attach to the post. If this works everyone should be able to get the VF-4 and then I will post the others that I have.

Edit: Upload failed.

Mods! Can you create a lego MLCAD file section in the custom gallery so others can get these files?

how about uploading to a file sharing site like mediafire, megaupload, or rapidshare?

Did anyone show pictures of Kawamori-san and Bandai guys with "we're up to sth important" faces, handling a bunch of grey VF-25 transformable LEGO prototypes in an office environment? I would like to know if it really is possible to make such a complicated transformation mechanism with lego bricks and still be the size theirs looked like...

Anyway, just had a conversation with a pilot friend of mine about his daughter and lego-building...then I stumble upon this discussion, what a coincidence!!

Did anyone show pictures of Kawamori-san and Bandai guys with "we're up to sth important" faces, handling a bunch of grey VF-25 transformable LEGO prototypes in an office environment? I would like to know if it really is possible to make such a complicated transformation mechanism with lego bricks and still be the size theirs looked like...

Anyway, just had a conversation with a pilot friend of mine about his daughter and lego-building...then I stumble upon this discussion, what a coincidence!!

I'm sure it was one or all of the following:

A) They wre non-transformable

B) They were NT and they had a lego model that had such a transformation but it wasn't that

C) They weren't legos, but actually a)Cheap Chinese knockoffs or b) blocks designed like the parts of a VF-25 that move during transformation

D) Maybe a Danish dude built them. Those Danes and their Legos

(Lego originated in Denmark :))

Kawamori-san did build a variable SV-51 photos were in an art book publish about two years ago.

Haven't seen the VF-25 in lego but that would be money.

Have seen variable VB-6, YF-21, and VF-1 in lego.

Of mine only the VF-1 is variable via parts swap but the fuselage does fold in half.

The YF-19 is fighter/partial gerwalk, never worked on the arms.

The VF-22 and VF-4 are stuck in fighter mode.

Kawamori-san did build a variable SV-51 photos were in an art book publish about two years ago.

Haven't seen the VF-25 in lego but that would be money.

Have seen variable VB-6,

Koenig Monster

YF-21,

I think you mean VF-22

and VF-1 in lego.

VF-1 (Sebastio Neto)

VF-1 (Steve Vernava (SUPER SCALE))

VF-1 (Bernard Wiseman)

VF-1 (Stephen Chao(Mini(FP)))

Of mine only the VF-1 is variable via parts swap but the fuselage does fold in half.

Which one's yours?

The YF-19 is fighter/partial gerwalk, never worked on the arms.

You seen this one? YF-19

The VF-22

See above

and VF-4 are stuck in fighter mode.

Ah, yes, the famous VF-4

Excuse me if none of those, or all of those, are yours.

BTW, anyone seen Sebastio Neto's Ghost X-9?

None of the ones on MOC are mine but... Wow, Schizo can you do research.

Never saw the YF-19 you have listed.

Sadly forgot about the ghost.

Sebastio has the best. Not only are his the most accurate but also variable without having to swap parts.

The cockpits and nose sections on the VF-1 and VF-4 really make the models.

Edit:Can not type.

Edited by Fly4victory

None of the ones on MOC are mine but... Wow, Schizo can you do research.

Never saw the YF-19 you have listed.

Sadly forgot about the ghost.

Sebastio has the best. Not only are his the most accurate but also variable without having to swap parts.

The cockpits and nose sections on the VF-1 and VF-4 really make the models.

Edit:Can not type.

Oh, yes. I love, also, Stephen Chao's minis. They're awesome.

Steve Vernava gets incredible points for having a super-accurate, super-large PT VF-1, even though he never got the legs done. I mean, that thing is... DAMN!

Also, I agree about the 1 and 4.

I'm sure it was one or all of the following:

A) They wre non-transformable

B) They were NT and they had a lego model that had such a transformation but it wasn't that

C) They weren't legos, but actually a)Cheap Chinese knockoffs or b) blocks designed like the parts of a VF-25 that move during transformation

D) Maybe a Danish dude built them. Those Danes and their Legos

(Lego originated in Denmark :))

Yeah, the knock-off ones are actually WAY better than LEGO blocks IMO. They have much more "mech" oriented parts and joint systems.

More pics for ya! A few changes that I made:

1. Extended the top missile box.

2. Extended the chest missile boxes so they are now enclosed.

3. Altered chest cannons slightly.

4. Added greebles to the legs.

5. Tipped arm cannons differently.

DSC02864.jpgDSC02865.jpg

DSC02867.jpgDSC02868.jpgDSC02863.jpg

More pics for ya! A few changes that I made:

1. Extended the top missile box.

2. Extended the chest missile boxes so they are now enclosed.

3. Altered chest cannons slightly.

4. Added greebles to the legs.

5. Tipped arm cannons differently.

DSC02864.jpgDSC02865.jpg

DSC02867.jpgDSC02868.jpgDSC02863.jpg

Firstly, I must point out that it's not the best I've ever seen.

However, it's still damn good. If my lego collection weren't truncated so horribly ATM, I'd likely have a good SDF-1 (And I saw a micro SDF-1 somewhere) up, maybe even a Monster. (Which, in my opinion is the only Macross mech I think Bandai should be allowed to make, since it is chunky by design.)

But, it's split up so bad...

Hell, if I had my collection, I'd be asking for instructions right now. :)

That SDF-1 is crazy... :mellow:

Which reminds me: I was building my made-up valk, the YF-29 Lightning Eagle, when tragedy struck: My 8-year old sister came over... :(

So, I gave up... I'm working on a lego diorama of South Ataria Island, 1999 in Lego Digital Designer; the Lego CAD I use because it's official and easier to use and distribute...