Viper's Creed Thread (can we make it official?)

RavenHawk

Yeah, this thing is amazingly cool.

I can't read any of the Japanese, and the Google translation is virtually useless, so I don't know too many details beyond what you can see in the pics. I assume it will come painted. Too bad the rider in the cockpit isn't removable.

I'm trying to figure out the scale of this thing. The only dimension I see is that it's 170mm long, which comes out to about 6.7". Based on the design and transformation and everything, I think we can assume the "real" size of this thing to be similar to the Garland from Megazone 23. The Yamato is 9.85" long and is 1/18th scale (they claim 1/15th, but based on the rider it is clearly 1/18th). So that would put this thing at roughly 1/26th scale. Does that sound right?

That price is crazy though. Where I already had enough trouble justifying $200 each for the Beagle MOSPEADAs, I don't know if I can justify $500 for this... Can anyone tell from the Japanese whether this is the only one they're making, or are they going to make the other variants for the other riders, and the red one and anti-maneuver-roid one from the last episode too?

I posted this in the Viper's Creed thread a good few days ago, but no one replied. I guess no one who reads that thread can read Japanese.

So, I am posting this here, in the hopes that someone can translate this for me, even if they're not a Viper's Creed fan.

http://studio-halfeye.com/works/maneuver_b...mblade_top.html

Can someone please translate this page for me? Specifically, I would like to know if it says when this is coming out, if it will be painted or not, and if there will be other versions released later?

Thank you in advance.

I posted this in the Viper's Creed thread a good few days ago, but no one replied. I guess no one who reads that thread can read Japanese.

So, I am posting this here, in the hopes that someone can translate this for me, even if they're not a Viper's Creed fan.

http://studio-halfeye.com/works/maneuver_b...mblade_top.html

Can someone please translate this page for me? Specifically, I would like to know if it says when this is coming out, if it will be painted or not, and if there will be other versions released later?

Thank you in advance.

I'll get it started...

Completely Transformable Maneuver Blade (Psyche Version)

To commemorate the new TV Anime, Viper's Creed, a hard story unfolding in a ruined postwar world with the profound drama of characters overflowing with human feeling, the completely trasnformable Maneuver Blade driven by the hero, Psyche Glide, will soon become available!

*Phew* Even with a machine translation helping me out, that wasn't easy.

But maybe you can figure out the rest yourself...try http://honyaku.nifty.com/

Just copy and paste the text in the first box, click the second option circle (日本語-->英語) and then click the button below it.

Edited by Gubaba

Ok, just tried it. It is definitely better than Google, but still kind of confusion.

The text on the page that is on a blue background makes NO SENSE to me at all. Something about mail order? Is it some sort of exclusive Shinji Aramaki item if you order it directly?

They say the color is a commodity provided or something like that, but I don't know if that means it will be colored, or if coloring instruction are provided.

I think it also says that the deadline for reservations is June?

Sorry, that's the most I can make out.

The help so far is appreciated (thanks again), but any more anyone can offer would be wonderful.

Ok, I have to say that it is somewhat frustrating here with all the thread consolidation. On the one hand, I understand why the mods do it. On the other hand, I specifically started a new thread because I wanted help from people that wouldn't tend to check out a thread about Viper's Creed.

While I did get some much appreciated help, I was still asking for more.

Maneuver-Blade on preorder at HLJ.

http://www.hlj.com/product/SHE33051

Has no shipping estimate. Anyone have any guesses based on previous experiences with HLJ?

Still can't figure out from the Studio HalfEye page whether there are going to be different variants of this one.

I did email the folks at Studio HalfEye. It is clear that their knowledge of English is like my knowledge of Japanese, so the email they sent me went through a translation program. The one point they were able to make was that the only place they are aware of to order this item outside of Japan is HLJ.

• 2 weeks later...

Genga are animation keyframes drawn on paper. The cel artists used to trace over them on acetate (or they would use a machine that would photocopy the lines onto them) and then draw "in-between" frames to make the animation smooth, and after painting the cels they would be photographed, the whole process repeated a thousand times and hey, presto, you have animation. Nowadays they use a PC to do almost everything, but the genga keyframes are still drawn on paper, they're probably just scanned and then traced on the monitor.

I don't think those in the auction are genga, though, they look more like just layouts, because they are so rough. Here are some Macross DYRL genga to compare:

post-1318-1243040597_thumb.jpg

Edited by Renato

Genga are animation keyframes drawn on paper. The cel artists used to trace over them on acetate (or they would use a machine that would photocopy the lines onto them) and then draw "in-between" frames to make the animation smooth, and after painting the cels they would be photographed, the whole process repeated a thousand times and hey, presto, you have animation. Nowadays they use a PC to do almost everything, but the genga keyframes are still drawn on paper, they're probably just scanned and then traced on the monitor.

I don't think those in the auction are genga, though, they look more like just layouts, because they are so rough. Here are some Macross DYRL genga to compare:

Thanks

I just went online to order the Maneuver-Blade from HLJ. Finally convinced myself to spend the $500, and it said you would get 5% off if you preordered it before tomorrow... and it's sold out. Order stop.

I am so f-en mad right now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
just saw eps 1 -4. good show with none of those kooky looking characers.

They're a different kind of kooky. Not anime kooky, more like '90s Image comics kooky.