Macross Plus

pfunk

Sat down and watched all 4 parts. I really liked it, Tha animation was VERY good. I also liked the story line with A.I. One thing I would have liked better is more action scenes, thats more of a want then a complaint. Is that the only Macross Plus out thier (4part movie).,,,,,Gotta get a YF-19 and 21 now :(

The movie edition by mangle, opps...I mean manga has some extra animation in it . Sadly no extra fight scenes. For more YF-21 and YF-19 goodness check out Macross 7. I recomend using the mute button for some of the music. Also spend some time pumping up your sense of disbelief. It's going to get a workout.

The FP Yamato YF-21 is a good toy and there are some floating around the For Sale section. I would wait for the new FP YF-19 from Yamato. The earlier versions are good, but the could have been better. :D

edit SP

Edited by Roy's Blues

Try getting the AMV 'Information High' in www.unspacy.de

And tell us what do you think about the end in the 'movie' version. ;)

BTW, no much differences between the OVAs and the movie; in the movie you can see Lucy naked and a couple of valk-animations that don't appear in the OVAs.

It's cool, anyway. :blink:

Try getting the AMV 'Information High' in www.unspacy.de

And tell us what do you think about the end in the 'movie' version. ;)

BTW, no much differences between the OVAs and the movie; in the movie you can see Lucy naked and a couple of valk-animations that don't appear in the OVAs.

It's cool, anyway. :blink:

Your talking to a guy with a 56K laptop motem at home, could you guys just post the pics of lucy (naked) and tell me what happened in the ending :huh::)

Your talking to a guy with a 56K laptop motem at home, could you guys just post the pics of lucy (naked) and tell me what happened in the ending :huh::)

Ouch.

Well you're really gonna want an animated gif to get the full effect of Lucy's... "bounce" B))

The ending? Guld rams the Ghost but to do so, he has to do way more G's than his body is capable and he gets all twisted up in a rather gory manner. Ghost flames out and the YF-21 hulk coasts off.

Your talking to a guy with a 56K laptop motem at home, could you guys just post the pics of lucy (naked) and tell me what happened in the ending :huh:  :)

Ouch.

Well you're really gonna want an animated gif to get the full effect of Lucy's... "bounce" B))

The ending? Guld rams the Ghost but to do so, he has to do way more G's than his body is capable and he gets all twisted up in a rather gory manner. Ghost flames out and the YF-21 hulk coasts off.

Yeah, sock it too me, got gif..................I know someone does,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,maybe Ladic

Damn, I think I wouldve liked to see that ending :(

Your talking to a guy with a 56K laptop motem at home, could you guys just post the pics of lucy (naked) and tell me what happened in the ending :huh:  :)

Ouch.

Yeah, sock it too me, got gif..................I know someone does,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,maybe Ladic

Damn, I think I wouldve liked to see that ending :(

The whole guld getting twisted up part wasn't the best part of that scene.

In the movie version, the ghost releases a ton of those high maneuver missiles and you watch the 21 do some absolutely INSANE moves to dodge them. To this day, NOTHING has topped that scene. Macross Zero tried to copy it, but the CG just makes it look like flying toys.

Ouch.

I don't think he actually rammed it in the movie. I think he just forced the Ghost to start moving fast enough that its hull failed from the heat generated. That becomes a very real problem as you get going fast. The modern-day Blackbird has some very unique engineering designs to keep its wings from warping due to the heat generated at a relatively mild mach 3/80,000 feet(corrugated wing surfaces spring to mind).

While we don't actually know how fast Guld and hte Ghost were darting around, we know that the YF-21 was capable of hitting mach 25 in a straight run, since it's capable of achieving orbit under its own power and mach 25 is escape velocity. If I recall, the YF-21 actually DID slip back out into space at the end of the fight. I assume that whatver the YF-21 could do, the Ghost could too.

They were hauling far more ass than is recommendable in an atmosphere, and they just danced in the flames untill one of them caught fire. And with the YF-21 being more aerodynamic, the Ghost went up first.

Also possible is the Ghost just finally pulled more Gs than its frame could handle and it disentegrated. But all we KNOW on that end is that the YF-21 was pulling more Gs than its pilot could handle. And that's relatively low.

Ouch.

I don't think he actually rammed it in the movie. I think he just forced the Ghost to start moving fast enough that its hull failed from the heat generated. That becomes a very real problem as you get going fast. The modern-day Blackbird has some very unique engineering designs to keep its wings from warping due to the heat generated at a relatively mild mach 3/80,000 feet(corrugated wing surfaces spring to mind).

While we don't actually know how fast Guld and hte Ghost were darting around, we know that the YF-21 was capable of hitting mach 25 in a straight run, since it's capable of achieving orbit under its own power and mach 25 is escape velocity. If I recall, the YF-21 actually DID slip back out into space at the end of the fight. I assume that whatver the YF-21 could do, the Ghost could too.

They were hauling far more ass than is recommendable in an atmosphere, and they just danced in the flames untill one of them caught fire. And with the YF-21 being more aerodynamic, the Ghost went up first.

Also possible is the Ghost just finally pulled more Gs than its frame could handle and it disentegrated. But all we KNOW on that end is that the YF-21 was pulling more Gs than its pilot could handle. And that's relatively low.

Actually, he probably did ram it. That's why they show the BDI camera zooming so quickly in on the ghost right before you see the two little light trails "bounce" off each other with a shower of sparks.

Ouch.

Actually, he probably did ram it. That's why they show the BDI camera zooming so quickly in on the ghost right before you see the two little light trails "bounce" off each other with a shower of sparks.

Ah. I missed that part.

I blame the fact that UPS stuck my copy of the movie on a speaker or something. It's in pretty bad shape.

It was a christmas gift, before you ask why I didn't return it. And it wasn't DVD because it was only VHS at the time.

Y'know, i like M + better than M 0, don't throw yer tamatos. I have to say, i don't like where our anime is leading with the overdosage of CGI. M + stays loyal to anime to an extent, supressing the CG aircraft, while the only thing, in my opinion, carrying M 0's ass is its dog-fights. I really thought M + had a kick ass story, better than MO (SO FAR...). I don't about you guys, but the M+ dogfights seemed better, and more extreme, damn i can't really put my finger on it...

But what kicks ass and bitchslaps seven kinds of dog crap out of all anime is YUKIKAZE, muhahahaha

In the movie version, the ghost releases a ton of those high maneuver missiles and you watch the 21 do some absolutely INSANE moves to dodge them. To this day, NOTHING has topped that scene. Macross Zero tried to copy it, but the CG just makes it look like flying toys.

I actually thought that went way too fast to really appreciate it. It is cool, though. I think Guld's eye squishing out is what leaves the lasting impression though. ;)

In the movie version, the ghost releases a ton of those high maneuver missiles and you watch the 21 do some absolutely INSANE moves to dodge them.  To this day, NOTHING has topped that scene.  Macross Zero tried to copy it, but the CG just makes it look like flying toys.

I actually thought that went way too fast to really appreciate it. It is cool, though. I think Guld's eye squishing out is what leaves the lasting impression though. ;)

That's why there's a slow-mo button.

And I HATED watching Guld's body fail.

There's our winner!

Y'know, i like M + better than M 0, don't throw yer tamatos. I have to say, i don't like where our anime is leading with the overdosage of CGI. M + stays loyal to anime to an extent, supressing the CG aircraft, while the only thing, in my opinion, carrying M 0's ass is its dog-fights. I really thought M + had a kick ass story, better than MO (SO FAR...). I don't about you guys, but the M+ dogfights seemed better, and more extreme, damn i can't really put my finger on it...

But what kicks ass and bitchslaps seven kinds of dog crap out of all anime is YUKIKAZE, muhahahaha

Uhmmm... You do realize that Yukikaze's aircraft are all CGI rendered, right? They might be using cel shading to give it a more traditionally animated look, but it's still being rendered from a 3D mesh on a computer.