How doI remove Mr. Surfacer

Duymon

Japan stinks... flash rain for like 15 seconds then clear again.. wtf :p

Anyways, I primed some stuff today JUST before the rain came and went so now I have funny blotches...to say the least it stinks :p

Is there a good way to remove Mr. Surfacer 1000 from Polystyrene?

Japan stinks... flash rain for like 15 seconds then clear again.. wtf :p

Anyways, I primed some stuff today JUST before the rain came and went so now I have funny blotches...to say the least it stinks :p

Is there a good way to remove Mr. Surfacer 1000 from Polystyrene?

Hey Duymon! You are in Japan? Where? I live in Osaka....we should get together sometime...

Rob MN

Mr Surfacer is thinned by laquer thinner which also eats polystyrene. I'd say sand and redo.

Mr. Color Thinner generally won't eat styrene... However, one thing you might try is scrubbing with rubbing alcohol. It's cheaper than Mr. Color Thinner and it does remove Mr. Color - and it won't mar the surface like sanding would.

I got a bottleof rubbing alcohol and put that and my messed up parts in a jar. It's been a day now and I can see the primer coming off, slowly. Prolly gonna take a while. While it'd be faster to use mr. Thinner a comparable bottle of Mr. Surfacer is 800 yen while rubbing alcohol is 280 (^_^)

THanks for the tips :) Can't wait to get started on my CF vf-1j heh heh

Right Now I'm In Chiba Shi. About an hour from Akihabara via JR sobu, then another 10 minutes to Tokyo station via Yamanote. heh.

Going to a college with a guy to girl ratio of 1 to 8 is fun.

man...with that ratio, what are you doing painting??! at my grad school, its more like 50/50. i never have a problem with rain here but whenever i paint outside, mr. nhk always seems to stop by. :angry:

i wonder how many other members are in japan. i wouldnt mind meeting up. maybe even something besides wonderfestival. are you coming to the next one rob?

min

Right Now I'm In Chiba Shi. About an hour from Akihabara via JR sobu, then another 10 minutes to Tokyo station via Yamanote. heh.

Going to a college with a guy to girl ratio of 1 to 8 is fun.

man...with that ratio, what are you doing painting??! at my grad school, its more like 50/50. i never have a problem with rain here but whenever i paint outside, mr. nhk always seems to stop by. :angry:

i wonder how many other members are in japan. i wouldnt mind meeting up. maybe even something besides wonderfestival. are you coming to the next one rob?

min

Hey Min,

Not totally sure yet...(no money :( ). But I am going to try. It also depends on if i have to work that day.....

You all need to meet up...you all need to go..and you all need to buy me things since I can't go....isn't that clear? Stop thinking about yourselves and start thinking...."I wonder what Jesse needs?" :lol::o:p:D

....and a guy to girl ratio of 1-8?!?! WTF! Why didn't I go there...I went to school to be a pilot...and the ratio was like 1-20...in the wrong direction! DOH! Two slurms and 1000 idiots....man I picked the wrong school...

rob...wonderfests are held on sundays. work should be okay but rushing back for monday might be a problem. the next one is held on february 22nd to be exact. truth be told, im not even sure if i will be able to make it back for this one. i will probably be back home in the states then.

hey jesse...stop making excuses and just come visit! :lol:

hey jesse...stop making excuses and just come visit! :lol:

LOL...would love to...but I think it would be a one way trip...my wife wouldn't take to kindly too it!

"Honey, I know you think it's odd for a 32 year old father of 2 to spend this much time and money on collecting toys...but certainly you would not have a problem with me spending the money, and the time away to go to a big hobby show in Japan...."

Yep...that would go over like a Led Zeppelin... :(:p:huh:

hey jesse...stop making excuses and just come visit!  :lol:

LOL...would love to...but I think it would be a one way trip...my wife wouldn't take to kindly too it!

"Honey, I know you think it's odd for a 32 year old father of 2 to spend this much time and money on collecting toys...but certainly you would not have a problem with me spending the money, and the time away to go to a big hobby show in Japan...."

Jesse... sounds like you and I have alot in common (30 years old with two kids). However, I have already started working on my "get out of jail free" card for Wonderfest this year. I've never been, but there is a crew here in Chicago that may make the trip down to Louisville in May.

Maybe I'm the only one that would have gotten your Keith Moon reference on Led Zeppelin!

hey jesse...stop making excuses and just come visit!  :lol:

Jesse... sounds like you and I have alot in common (30 years old with two kids). However, I have already started working on my "get out of jail free" card for Wonderfest this year. I've never been, but there is a crew here in Chicago that may make the trip down to Louisville in May.

Maybe I'm the only one that would have gotten your Keith Moon reference on Led Zeppelin!

Good for you....let me know how you enjoy it....maybe I can use you as a reference to convince my wife! :D