Mac plus/7 mystery carrier

DarkReaper

While perusing all of macross for more reference pics of the Uraga I noticed that the carrier Isamu is stationed on isn't of any class I have seen yet.

Sort of looks like a Guantanamo mixed with a Uraga, is there any data on this one?

th_mysterycarrier2.jpgth_mysterycarrier3.jpgth_mysterycarrier.jpg

Seems to be quite a major player as Isamu's entire fleet seems to be made up of them, and it makes an appearance in M7 aswell.

[Edit] Noticed that they share some characteristics with the old ARMD carriers, maybe they are just those modernized versions that are always stated to be replaced by the Uraga. [/edit]

Edited by DarkReaper

Well it's either the Athabasca Cruiser or Haruna Stealth Cruiser listed the Compendium.

Argh, those two names always bothered me, it is listed on the compendium, but there's there are no pictures or lineart about them. I wish it will appear on Chronicle, but its quite unlikely :mellow: .

It may appear in the next issue...

the Haruna comes from M3. The Athabasca is a real world ship (the last I heard). Not sure if it appeared in M0 or in the "Lost Two Years" short story in Perfect Memory.

I wouldn't want to be in that office if the floor took a hit from enemy fire... :ph34r:

If the capital ship damage from Macross Frontier is any indication of how destructive firepower of the future is, I think it matters little whether the floor is made of common silicon oxide glass or superalloy armour. ^_^

If the capital ship damage from Macross Frontier is any indication of how destructive firepower of the future is, I think it matters little whether the floor is made of common silicon oxide glass or superalloy armour. ^_^

Transparent aluminum.

Doesn't necessarily mean a hit from a capital ship. I was thinking more like some stray rounds from a gunpod or an enemy fighter. When it comes to capital ship shots, hell I wouldn't want to be on the damned thing period! :lol:

And I agree on the transparent aluminum. :) "How do you know he didn't invent it in the first place?"

While perusing all of macross for more reference pics of the Uraga I noticed that the carrier Isamu is stationed on isn't of any class I have seen yet.

Sort of looks like a Guantanamo mixed with a Uraga, is there any data on this one?

th_mysterycarrier2.jpgth_mysterycarrier3.jpgth_mysterycarrier.jpg

Seems to be quite a major player as Isamu's entire fleet seems to be made up of them, and it makes an appearance in M7 aswell.

[Edit] Noticed that they share some characteristics with the old ARMD carriers, maybe they are just those modernized versions that are always stated to be replaced by the Uraga. [/edit]

Always loved that middle shot of Isamu standing on the transparent floor.

Taksraven

Doesn't necessarily mean a hit from a capital ship. I was thinking more like some stray rounds from a gunpod or an enemy fighter. When it comes to capital ship shots, hell I wouldn't want to be on the damned thing period! :lol:

And I agree on the transparent aluminum. :) "How do you know he didn't invent it in the first place?"

The windows probably have armored shutters and/or a pin-point barrier to protect it.

Also, I we already do have transparent (or at the very least, translucent), aluminum based compounds (ALON and transparent alumina).

Looking at the model ship on the desk/bookshelf (1st picture), IMHO it's an upgraded ARMD space carrier. Perhaps one that's space fold capable?

The other one from plus - still unclear. The M7 one definitely looks like an earlier version of, or a misdrawn Uraga.

And... I'm going to correct myself: it could be the Haruna. Algenicus is the definite ship name (not necessarily class name) of the ship from M3.

Maybe its just another variant of Uraga class, like Saratoga from VFX-2. Hmm, the design is intriguing me, I'll try to make a 3D model of it and compare it with the other two Uraga variant.

Actually if you look closely at the M7 picture i think it is a Uraga class ship, not even misdrawn or a mod. It just the angle and shadows that make it look different. If you look closely you can see the double point of the front hull, then the step with the two launch/retrevial holes etc.

The windows probably have armored shutters and/or a pin-point barrier to protect it.

Also, I we already do have transparent (or at the very least, translucent), aluminum based compounds (ALON and transparent alumina).

dammit you beat me to mentioning it!!! but yes, we have transparent aluminum today IRL. it's hella expensive though... something like $10000US per square inch iirc.

Point

But looking again at episode 1 those are just Guantanamos. Three of them.

agreed, the middle pic is defiantly of two normal Guantanamo's and the third pic looks like a poorly drawn Uraga.

the model in the third pic however is defiantly something different. maybe it's a carrier class introduced after SW1 that was mostly out of service before 2040.