Mazinga inspired LEGO Super Robot

Hi everyone,

A while back I decided to customize Brian Cooper's excellent TEKNOMEKA frame and make my own super robot.

This is sort of a hybrid of Mazinga Z and Ultra V from the PS2 game War of the Monsters. (Ultra V was Mazinga inspired anyway)

The frame uses LEGO Technic worm gearing in all the joints and is actually quite strong. All parts are 100% LEGO.

Anyway, just thought you guys would get a kick out of it. Enjoy. :D

2932499795_a7bc9a0b4c_o.jpg

2933357882_5b572d3460_o.jpg

2933357938_baf159da82_o.jpg

Ok, I have to ask.. does that thing have metal axles/gears in the hips?

I've been trying for several years to find a way to support the hips in my 1/18 VF-1, and still keep it transformable... forget perfect transformation, I'd just love the hips to hold the thing up, even if I have to use a 1/60 V1 type of hip joint connection. ^_^ I guess the problem is that no matter how I look at it, with the pieces I have, the joint has to be supported by a single axle. Are there stronger joints available, that would still allow some posability and strength in a VF-1-type hip joint?

Edited by Chronocidal

Ok, I have to ask.. does that thing have metal axles/gears in the hips?

I've been trying for several years to find a way to support the hips in my 1/18 VF-1, and still keep it transformable... forget perfect transformation, I'd just love the hips to hold the thing up, even if I have to use a 1/60 V1 type of hip joint connection. ^_^ I guess the problem is that no matter how I look at it, with the pieces I have, the joint has to be supported by a single axle. Are there stronger joints available, that would still allow some posability and strength in a VF-1-type hip joint?

The Teknomeka uses these for the hips, waist, and shoulders: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?P=2856c01

For a smaller creation like you're speaking of, you might want to look into getting some of the smaller ratcheting joints that are in things like the Exo Force sets currently for sale.

Edited by Grand Admiral