New Homeworld 2 Macross Mod

shadow3393

Hmm... All we need is Nanashi to come out of nowhere with obscure spaceship line art and the setup would be closer to complete, eh?

Lestat: I remember the Megaroad model from when I was working with you guys in DYRL. Good to see it closer to completion then it was back then :)

And yea, there was never a definitive view of the Megaroad class was there? Though was the Megaroad herself an exception to all Megaroads since, or were all future Megaroads patterned after the first?

Awww, I like the Varuta and Protodevlin. Here's hoping there is some truth to those posts about other mods either getting past the race limit or there being no race limit at all... :(

Yep, Just read the FX mod forums. 9CCN bypassed the built in race limit, BUT, they wont tell anyone how they did it, and we have no visual proof. I'm thinking they pulled some jury rigged branching research tree like a few other mods. Thing is, immediatley after doing this they created another mod that allows you to completely customize the weapons and systems of a ship before construction, which in and of itself is an amazing breakthrough...

hello. great progress as always.

but what about star wars: warlords mod for hw2? that has alliance, empire, republic and separatists, quite a few races... perhaps ask evillejedi what he did?

• 3 weeks later...

Small Update:

Chthonic took some teaser pics ingame.

RL have been hectic for me, so progress is still pretty much where it was since the last time I updated. I did replace my uraga with the better one provided to me by DarkReaper (thank you), still don't have textures fot it yet, sadly.

Anyways here are the pics, enjoy.

post-10089-1236992137_thumb.jpg

post-10089-1236992147_thumb.jpg

post-10089-1236992301_thumb.jpg

post-10089-1236992329_thumb.jpg

post-10089-1236992343_thumb.jpg

post-10089-1236992368_thumb.jpg

The zentradi ships need some smooth on the normals. At maya i guess something like 60~70 (or even less) would do. If smoothed too much, it would cause edges that are meant to be sharp to look strange. If you want me to do it i can install maya 5.0. lmk.

Hmm... All we need is Nanashi to come out of nowhere with obscure spaceship line art and the setup would be closer to complete, eh?

Lestat: I remember the Megaroad model from when I was working with you guys in DYRL. Good to see it closer to completion then it was back then :)

And yea, there was never a definitive view of the Megaroad class was there? Though was the Megaroad herself an exception to all Megaroads since, or were all future Megaroads patterned after the first?

Just curious what is with that Nanashi guy? (no pun intended on the Japanese meaning)

Nanashi was (To me anyway) the archivist for a ton of obscure Macross artwork and designs. He even claimed to have a design for a protoculture battlepod, cutting off my offer to create one for the team (this was back when the Prototculture/Supervision army was being considered for a 'third race', loooooooong before Macross Frontier).

Macross looks good, but it seems like the Zentreadi ships didn't age well :\

Yeah, Nanashi always had some obscure artwork that we didn't even know existed every time we became hard pressed for models, back with the HW1 mod.

I used to have a picture of a UN Spacy space station that Lestat sent me, but that HD was since lost to a flood.

Edited by one_klump

Seams liek theyrs alot u can do with HW2 you just have to get creative and this mod seams to be progressign well what stage are you guys at? just tryign to get the valks to transform or have u got some working allready in a beta? im quite optimistic about this mod im curious to when we may get to play the first opened beta or such.

I guess Shadow already figured out how to do a transforming unit. From what i've know they are already playing matchs online with the beta. (they= developers team)

well thats cool so theyr pretty much finished?just working out the kinks? cant wait to see new screenshots and updates.

weve seen alot of capital ships what im mostly intrested in seing is the VFS for the UNspacy and theyr transformation and animations and how are you guys going to make them launch.. those are often overlooked things... the way they take of from the caps and howmany capital ships in theyr stats says they can carry a certain number of VFS then ingame that ship cant... im curious on the details of that sort.

Will theyr be custom VFS? they dont need to be in any macross animes but it wouled be cool for the user to decide wich VF he/she wants as a custom VF so they can immers like am i the only person to do this but i often put a Fighter in group 0 and i use it as if i was personally in it, it makes huge battles immersive that much more because your not only concerned about the tactics... but i try to make that fighter in group 0 survive....

Im sorry if the quetions i asked have allready ben answered or asked but ive ben readign previous posts as much as i couled but i went trough fast so if i missed some answers sorry.

Edited by Dermeister

Small Update:

Chthonic took some teaser pics ingame.

RL have been hectic for me, so progress is still pretty much where it was since the last time I updated. I did replace my uraga with the better one provided to me by DarkReaper (thank you), still don't have textures fot it yet, sadly.

Anyways here are the pics, enjoy.

WOW!

With the proper backgrounds the mod looks stunning!!! :D

Status update:

Life has been pretty hectic as of late for me, new job and going to be moving. Had a HD failure, but don't worry I think I recovered most of the data for the mod, just haven't had a chance to go and organize them and confirm the file integrity.

Actual transformation for valks is pretty much resolved, the only thing that is hampering me is a cosmetic issue with the head laser on the SDP-1, which will affect every valk that has a head laser. That and finding the time to sit down and finishing the hodding the SDP and the Macross.

Regarding the launching of fighters, there are some restrictions that HW2 engine imposes on what I can do with the launch animations. I am still brainstorming on how to get decent looking launch animations for the Macross type ships due to its transforming nature. There should not be a problem with the standard non-transforming, ie the Uraga, aside from not being able to do multi-point launches(ie the Guantanamo launch scene from Macross Frontier).

Hero units can be done, but not currently underdevelopment right now. Maybe something for the future.

As regards to a beta, I think I will have to put that matter on hold for now. I don't think I will have a lot of free time in the near future to devote to the mod. If Chthonic or Lestat is willing, I am ok with them leading the balance tests.

Don't worry, I have every intention of finishing and releasing this mod.

Edited by shadow3393

Hi im new to this site, but not new to the anime, Ive watched it for the past 17yrs since i started to watch it..

I just wanted to know are you guys using the macross class as the mothership? if so why not put in a construction vessel like the one from macross 7? or maybe a colony city like frontier or city7? just a curious question. Im very impressed with all of you guys, and the work you have done, i wish i could give you some of my stuff...

• 2 weeks later...

Ok this is getting weird. I need to request a name change.

On subject: This mod looks amazing. Now if only I could find this kind of support for the Source Engine mod I've been trying to start up for years.

MACROSS-R.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I just finished moving to a new state for my job, some things are still in the air right now. I think I will be able to resume the mod development when things settle down. Still need to buy a hdd enclosure to get at my source files. Haven't been in contact with Chthonic or Lestat, so I am assuming things are still the same since I last talked to them.

I just finished moving to a new state for my job, some things are still in the air right now. I think I will be able to resume the mod development when things settle down. Still need to buy a hdd enclosure to get at my source files. Haven't been in contact with Chthonic or Lestat, so I am assuming things are still the same since I last talked to them.

Word. I'm still rooting for this project.

• 3 weeks later...

I really have to get off my butt and get the enclosure to get my files off my HDD, might have to get in contact with Chhtonic to get the in progress files. My work schedule has not been too accommodating for my modding. Once I get the mod files, I should be able to continue again. I have been brainstorming some ideas that I want to try out, some of which involves a certain ARMD and the front of another spaceship.

I really have to get off my butt and get the enclosure to get my files off my HDD, might have to get in contact with Chhtonic to get the in progress files. My work schedule has not been too accommodating for my modding. Once I get the mod files, I should be able to continue again. I have been brainstorming some ideas that I want to try out, some of which involves a certain ARMD and the front of another spaceship.

LOL that will open it up some what. Im sure that nobody has a mod in which you can do anything like that.

Awesome!!! Best of luck to you to make this happen!! :) thanks so much for your time and talent for this we are all eagar to have a crack at this. :p