My first Bandai 1/55!

syn13

Well it was late at FanExpo and I didn't buy almost anything so it was between Hikaru's VF-1A($55) or Yamato's Super Ostrich($85), I was tempted to get either one. Anyway the seller wouldn't budge for lowering the price of the S.O. so instead I bought the Bandai for $45 and is there anything I should be cautious while transforming this toy or its built solid and no worries?

32d917b3.jpg

Edited by syn13

Well it was late at FanExpo and I didn't buy almost anything so it was between Hikaru's VF-1A($55) or Yamato's Super Ostrich($85), I was tempted to get either one. Anyway the seller wouldn't budge for lowering the price of the S.O. so instead I bought the Bandai for $45 and is there anything I should be cautious while transforming this toy or its built solid and no worries?

32d917b3.jpg

Nah.. only the armpegs for the hands can be a pain in the ass. Not sure if slides smoother with later productions.

The 1/55 is so solid and well-built there is a greater chance of it damaging you.

Thats true. Oh I forgot, make sure your fingers aren't close to the landing gears when you press the triggers!

I intentionally left mine close after opening my Origin of Valkyrie VF-1J(damn I think I am the only one that bought it here!), just to feel the pain I felt during childhood. Bandai rules.

This thing is so solid that we actually used two of them for the transforming contest at the last MWCon! We saw some of the fastest transformations going on with these things and nothing broke! Oh, an arm fell off but that was because a screw came loose! That's it! ^_^

One thing is, some of the original takatokus and jetfires from 20+ years ago are still in one piece today. Thats a testament to the durability. Its also the reason I had no problem paying $75 for my origin of valkyrie hikaru, I know it will last for a very, very long time. Its a beautiful piece to, it screams high quality. Its not the most accurate, but hell its the best at what it does.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW!!! Stupid front landing gear...wow that spring is tight!

The fact that my cousin and my brother still have their Jetfire are amazing, its too bad my bro's is yellowing and its in his office now.

The cat? Only trading her for 1/48 Max and Miriya haha

Edited by syn13

The 1/55 is so solid and well-built there is a greater chance of it damaging you. :)

Thats true. Oh I forgot, make sure your fingers aren't close to the landing gears when you press the triggers!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW!!! Stupid front landing gear...wow that spring is tight!

;)

Edited by eriku

is there anything I should be cautious while transforming this toy or its built solid and no worries?

Just be careful that if you accidentally drop it onto a hard surface, it isn't from a height of greater than 4 stories. ^_^

Other than that, though, you should be fine!

Oh, don't shoot the gun-pod into your eye. The missile will probably stick in pretty deep!

Oh, don't shoot the gun-pod into your eye. The missile will probably stick in pretty deep!

Ah yes...the spring loaded gun that actually fires projectiles very far....damn speaking of which, after losing a couple of missles after shooting them off, I decided to not even use the ones from my Origin of Valkyrie VF-1J! I kept them on the sprue. Too much risk.

That gun works damn well though.

Even the bootlegs are well made. My Joons VF-1J can still be transformed roughly and quickly, and not suffer at all. And those spring-loaded landing gears still snap my fingers. Ow!

With a chunky munky, you don't need to worry about being gentle. ;) You'd have to be trying hard to break one!

OT: A Queen's Blade Shizuka figure, nice! And I love the cat! :)