Anyone doing custom sticker/decals set for MF monster?

Rhapsodyred99

I have the Yamato Monster and was wondering if any talented soul was working on making a sticker set/decal set for the monster in Macross Frontier. The Call Up nose art as well as the mouth parts are particularly interesting to me.

I have thought of trying to do a paint job on it liek the custom one I saw a while back, but frankly I am not that talented :p

• 2 weeks later...

That’s PNG file has "no" block splitting

960x600 size thumnail, please click to orijinal enlarge size 1280x800

post-1627-1219678181_thumb.png

Edited by yui1107

• 1 month later...

e638106cb491513b.jpg

7590dd2166d5f2bf.jpg

Monthly hobby Japan November, 2008 issue "stand"! Macross F special feature.

"Ranka Lee-attack" specifications of "1/100 könig-monster" with the YAMATO INC. were carried as a magazine example of an article.

The submodel is different from the form that I appeared in Macross VF-X2 with the body which played an active part in SNS( military affairs provider) later, but finishes it only by the painting and "thenose art of Ranka Lee" basically closely not to be able to transform it when each department tally plays with tight transformation mechanism.

Edited by yui1107

• 4 months later...

hi

i was wondering if you have the logo for "sms" and the tigershark teeth by chance?

thank you in advance!

That’s PNG file has "no" block splitting

960x600 size thumnail, please click to orijinal enlarge size 1280x800

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Schizo was complaining about the thread being "resurrected."

All you guys need to do is buy decal sheets with the tiger shark teeth (probably 1/72nd aircraft). Take the nicely posted picture of Ranka and print it onto decal paper. It's not really hard to do. If you need help, you can be walked through it, plus there are kits out there to help you. Nothing like the pride you get from your own custom decals! -- MT

Once again, MechTech is RIGHT ON.

The fact that the time between two posts was almost 5 months made it a "necro" post. It's called that because after an extended period with no activity, a thread is considered "dead". Necromancy is the art of raising the dead. Thus, posting in a dead thread, one that has been inactive for an extended period of time, is necromancy, as the "dead" thread is made active once more.

I'll stop being ruthlessly sarcastic now.

Schizo was complaining about the thread being "resurrected."

All you guys need to do is buy decal sheets with the tiger shark teeth (probably 1/72nd aircraft). Take the nicely posted picture of Ranka and print it onto decal paper. It's not really hard to do. If you need help, you can be walked through it, plus there are kits out there to help you. Nothing like the pride you get from your own custom decals! -- MT

Don't forget that you'd need some sort of decal paper with white backing or a printer that prints white ink.

Once again, MechTech is RIGHT ON.

The fact that the time between two posts was almost 5 months made it a "necro" post. It's called that because after an extended period with no activity, a thread is considered "dead". Necromancy is the art of raising the dead. Thus, posting in a dead thread, one that has been inactive for an extended period of time, is necromancy, as the "dead" thread is made active once more.

I'll stop being ruthlessly sarcastic now.

So what's a guy to do then, start a new post just to have someone snap at them saying, "There's already a thread on that! Do a search first before starting a new thread!" Then the new thread gets locked.

I see no problem with posting a legitimate question in the proper thread regardless of how long ago the last post was. Better than having a ton of threads discussing the same topic just because someone was too lazy to search for the old thread.

Good threads never die. They just fade away. :p

So what's a guy to do then, start a new post just to have someone snap at them saying, "There's already a thread on that! Do a search first before starting a new thread!" Then the new thread gets locked.

I see no problem with posting a legitimate question in the proper thread regardless of how long ago the last post was. Better than having a ton of threads discussing the same topic just because someone was too lazy to search for the old thread.

I'm with Sharky on this-- better than starting a new thread, when half the time people will be asked to look for the old thread instead! Anyway, I'm interested with this as well-- I'll probably get the sharks teeth from a 1/72 fighter decal sheet, I'll get the monster girl ranka from the new deculture decal set that is coming out either this week or next with the new 1/72 VF-25G. And the other random SMS logos and SMS words from the various decal sets that I have lying around now--- it just wont look exactly the same because I'm worried some of the decals (esp the SMS logo and SMS words) will be too small.

But this is certainly doable just by cannibalizing some other decal sheets and there should be no need to have to print your own decals!

It's generally accepted practice to A) Contribute something to the dead thread, thus reversing the effect of Necromancy, or B ) Start a new thread, pertaining to it, this time, with all of the old thread's important bits summarized and new info provided.

lets focus in the real thing...

¿someone could make a custom decal of kanaria monster for the yamato 1/100 VB-6?

that is simple, nothing about necromancy or zombie posts this is macross forum not bio hazard (resident evil) hehehehe

if some one make a custom decal, I in!!!

Yes, someone can. Just get some good images, get into Photoshop or the like, and make everything. Print on decal paper. Make sure you've got it all scaled properly.

You want something done, do it yourself. That's how I roll.

It's generally accepted practice to A) Contribute something to the dead thread, thus reversing the effect of Necromancy, or B ) Start a new thread, pertaining to it, this time, with all of the old thread's important bits summarized and new info provided.

So, no one can ever post a follow up question pertaining to the topic of an old thread? That makes no sense to me at all. I think asking a legitimate question to a thread is contributing, which is what was done IMO. Therefore, this isn't a case of necromancy. Who made up these "rules"? IMO, if you are able to post to a thread, regardless of how old it is, you should be able to do so. Otherwise it should probably be locked, thus sealing the coffin on the "dead" thread.

What isn't contributing is making wise crack comments about necromancy. I suppose I'm guilty of it too by my inquiring about it on this thread, so I'll shut up about it now.

Edited by sharky

So, no one can ever post a follow up question pertaining to the topic of an old thread? That makes no sense to me at all. I think asking a legitimate question to a thread is contributing, which is what was done IMO. Therefore, this isn't a case of necromancy. Who made up these "rules"? IMO, if you are able to post to a thread, regardless of how old it is, you should be able to do so. Otherwise it should be probably be locked, thus sealing the coffin on the "dead" thread.

What isn't contributing is making wise crack comments about necromancy. I suppose I'm guilty of it too by my inquiring about it on this thread, so I'll shut up about it now.

Me being a newbie, I like it when people comment on old threads. There's a lot of stuff buried in the vault here that is a great resource, and it may not be something that you were actively looking for, but sure as hell bookmarked once someone else brought it up to the front of the line.

And as far as asking for custom decals, some people like to build hot rods, some like to go to Barrett and buy one. People roll in different ways. I'm sure those that offer customs are appreciative of the diversity.

That is my problem, I sucks in photoshop

I need the SMS word in the side and the shark jaw (both, in bomber and gerwalk mode)

I sucks in photoshop too, but decals were my motivation to get better (or learn anything about photoshop for that matter). I watched a few youtube tutorials and am finally about ready to try and print a set. Just have to resize them to fit a 1/55. Yeah, it would be nice if anasazi was still around, but he ain't. Anyway, being able to do your own gives you the freedom to make whatever decals you want! (except for white <_< )

• 3 weeks later...
That is my problem, I sucks in photoshop

I need the SMS word in the side and the shark jaw (both, in bomber and gerwalk mode)

The SMS logo from a 1/72 VF-25 kit might be large enough as it will be 128% larger on a 1/100 scale toy as opposed to a 1/72 scale model kit.

For the shark jaw I'd suggest looking at model sites with custom decal sheets to see if any of them have the teeth decal that you could adapt to the VB-6, consider 1/72 or 1/48 scales as probable good fits.

A couple of other points to remember is that if you make a custom Ranka decal and print it, you will need to seal the decal paper (google "how to make model decals" to get the various recommended types of sealants).

Once the decals are applied, I'd suggest clear coating the toy to keep the decals from rubbing off over time. B))

On another note, I am somewhat surprised Yamato isn't re-issuing the VB-6 toy. There's a lot of money to be made selling a 1/100 scale monster with Bandai's VF-100 series display toys coming out. Hell, Yamato could license the decal/sticker designs from Bandai to sell more toys...

Edited by Zinjo