LAV-AD & Ghost v2.0

cool8or

Hi Guys!

Here are my latest creations:

One is my Ghost, built in 2006. Now, I add panel lining, and some extra decals.

Second, is a LAV-AD (Light Air Defence Vehicle), customized as a Macross vehicle. Finally I applied some wheathering (is my first time)

I hope do you like it! :unsure:

16dsc02769redimensionarlb2.jpg

15dsc02773redimensionaros2.jpg

14dsc02774redimensionarkz2.jpg

13dsc02775redimensionarup9.jpg

12dsc02777redimensionaryc5.jpg

11dsc02778redimensionarzh0.jpg

10dsc02779redimensionarkp8.jpg

Wow, a great custom vehicle there! How did you scratchbuild the turret? The windows don't look like any LAV I've seen. If I may offer a tip, you can fade those decals a little with a very light spray in the base green colour, and then go about your weathering. Your shading looks great, and really breaks up the otherwise bland green surface. And great work on the tyres! Is that pastels or did you do a thick brown wash in the tread?

Your Ghost is so cool. Are your panel lines white or grey? Jesse Myers did the Ghost, right?

Thanks so much for sharing those great photos!

Thanks guys!

Both models are 1/72. Ghost is a kit made by Honneamise (please do more Macross proyects, my friend!!). Panel lining is gray: In fact, I used the same color to panel lining over blue and white.

A diorama? I'd love to, but I don't have enough space in my shelf... :(

When you did you panel lining, did you use future first? If so, what did you use for panel lining? I've never been game to use an enamel wash over future - I worry that I will ruin the finish. Instead I end up using water colour... works ok but I'd prefer enamel! :)

Was it the Trumpeter LAV kit?

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks again guys!

And sorry, I didn't answer some questions.

The LAV vehicle is a "ACE" model kit, here is the link:

http://www.acemodel.com.ua/?p=model&id...amp;s=&l=en

Due poor stock of water based paints in my country, I always use Enamels. But that fact facilitates the use of water based solutions to finishing works: Washing, panel lining, weathering, decals, etc.

In general, I don't use Future to glossing matt enamels, because when I want to apply decals, Micro Set solves Future, and ruin my work.