Masters of the Universe Classics

UN Spacy

B))B))B))B))

One figure per month. Only on sale at www.mattycollector.com

Masters of the Universe® Classics is a brand new action figure line celebrating over 25 years of MOTU history. Here you will find highly detailed, fully articulated figures from the entire spectrum of the worlds of He-Man® and She-Ra™.

Release dates

He-Man on October 31st

Beast Man on November 15th

Skeletor on December 15th

Stratos on January 15th

Mer-Man on February 15th

post-31-1217612159_thumb.jpg

Oh so that wasn't He-Man that was available at SDCC but King Grayskull. Awesome, I wanted a more faithful sculpt to the OG He-Man and it looks like we're getting it. No I want a He-Man and Battlecat so bad!

Didn't they already try to re-launch He-Man just a few years ago?

Now they're smart and instead of trying update them into new "XTREME" toys and make them cool for new kids, they're just going to go for the total retro route ala Hasbro and Anniversary Joes.

Didn't they already try to re-launch He-Man just a few years ago?

They did but the line was full of He man and Skeletor repaints. Cartoon was great, figures were great, until the later waves.

Now they're smart and instead of trying update them into new "XTREME" toys and make them cool for new kids, they're just going to go for the total retro route ala Hasbro and Anniversary Joes.

And instead of going through retail where some of the characters planned would have no chance in hell selling, Mattel is going directly to collectors via their collector site. Price is $19.99, limit 3 figures per household but this may change depending on how many initial orders there are on the first figures go on sale. Skeletor, Beast Man, Zodac, Mer Man and a few others are confirmed. Anyone that showed up in the 2002 cartoon can be made, only filmation characters that did not show up anywhere outside the original cartoon cannot be made.

Hopefully they do the extra articulation and all that, too. I could maybe see myself getting a new Evil Horde... For myself, at least, He-Man is just a bit too... gay... :lol:

Has He-Man ever used a shield in the cartoon? I never saw this growing up and it bothered me. Same with that double-edged axe.

I think he used the axe once. I don't remember the shield at all. The cartoons sucked except for the characters' line-art. The comic books that came with the toys didn't have all that Prince Adam crap. And the Attack Trak toy was a lot better than the bus they had in the cartoon... and don't even mention that Orko BS. He's the 7-Zark-7/Ewok of the whole thing.