Gall Force.

I havent been able to figure out which Gall Force OVAs go in which order.

I have Gall Force, Earth Chapter 1 through 3, by U.S. Manga. Is this the first of the Gall Force entities? When does Eternal Story come? When does "Gall Force 2" come in? Im so confused. If I could get a good list, in order, of all Gall Force series, movies, and OVAs it would help me out a lot. As it is, I havent been able to figure it out, and even the dude who sold me these cheap tapes at a convention wasnt quite sure in which order everything goes. Is my 'Gall Force: Earth Chapter' series the same thing as "Rhea Gall Force" ?? I seriously dont get it.

Thanks in advance! And I know it seems like I ask a lot of questions, but I havent been able to get them answered anywhere else! So yah. I come here because I'll probably get an awesome answer ^_^ And yah ^_^

-BEN-MAN-

I think you're better off not knowing. Gall Force overall is waste of time. Eternal Story being the worst of this series (unless you like the idea that the human race was decended from these women and a mutant "man" hybrid).

But Im curious! I at least want to know if mine is the first one.

-BEN-MAN-

First comes the original three OVAs (Eternal Story, Destruction and Stardust War, in that order) and then the Earth Force chapters take place afterwards. Way afterwards. It'll make sense after you see the original three OVAs. Personally I liked the original three, never seen much of the Earth chapters. You have to be able to appreciate late 80's OVAs, since they reek of that era.

Check them out, just understand when they were made and they should be enjoyable.

Oh yeah, I believe Rhea Gall Force is the Earth Force chapters.

Gall Force OVA 1: Eternal Story

" 2: Destruction

" 3: Stardust War

Edited by yellowlightman

I always thought of the earth chapters as the sequal to the other releases, it made more sense that way since in Rehea Galforce the war began because of an alien ship discovered on the moon, and in Eternal Story it ends on "Chaos" which was the moon at that time...but what through me off was god damn which was it....the one with GORG, and seeing all the characters from Eternal Story on there when it all takes place in a desolate earth and they all live in doms : / it made no sense...I just block out that one and think of the rest of the OVA's as making more sense.

• 4 weeks later...

sorry to go off on a tangent, but does anyone know what the little tie-fighter looking thing on etrnal story was called? a liked the design, as well as the balsam fighter. anyone know of any available lineart / pics that can be downloaded? or if they ever made a toy or model kit of these fighters?

Gal Force is one of my favorite OVAs, and yes, the Earth Chapters are sequals to the first three. I may be spoiling the story, so if you haven't seen Gal Force, stop reading.

OK, the first three OVAs were about a war between 2 Races, the Solonoids (the women fighters) and the Paranoids (kinda like the Daleks, the Paranoids were green goo within machine bodies). The two were equally matched, and both realized that they would eventually kill each other to extinction. So in secret, some higher ups on both sides devised a plan to mesh the two species into a third, unique species, so at least part of the Solonoid and Paranoid genome would survive. Naturally, the third species became the human race, or at least the Male half of the human race.

@Mildred

I have several art books from Gall Force "Eternal Story", and one from its sequal "Destruction". Can you be a little more specific about when the craft you are looking for is seen in the OVA? If its the 2 fighters in the end, then they are called "War Craft BREAKER". I'll try to scan some pics for you.

@Mildred

I have several art books from Gall Force "Eternal Story", and one from its sequal "Destruction". Can you be a little more specific about when the craft you are looking for is seen in the OVA? If its the 2 fighters in the end, then they are called "War Craft BREAKER". I'll try to scan some pics for you.

hi Barpharanges,

i think it is the 2 fighters near the end (they look like tie-interceptors). last time i saw the film was in 1994, i think (i had a jap channel on cable). any scans of the "breaker" and "balsam" would be much appreciated. and can you tell me the title of the art books that they are in? i can probably look out for it on eBay...

and do you know if any model or toys of these things were ever made?

thanks...

• 11 years later...