What's your favourite variant of...  

82 members have voted

1. 1. VF-19

• YF-19 "Alpha One"
    • VF-19A "Excalibur"
    • VF-19F "Excalibur"
    • VF-19S "Excalibur"
    • VF-19P "Excalibur"
    • VF-19 "Excalibur Custom" (Basara's plane)
  2. 2. VF-22

• YF-21 "Omega One"
    • VF-22 "Strumvogel II"

Alright, you win. Guess my memory isn't the best thing to rely with. :p

Proof (from Macross Compendium)

I don't have the video with me now, but if anyone has a visual proof to proof the point, I always welcome. Just to make sure that Gubaba the Fire Bomber Fan and everyone else will be satisfied, that's all. :)

I'll be satisfied as soon as I get my pterosaur steak, bitch. :p

for the YF-19 all the way. both it and the yf-21 were testbeds for a whole lot of goodies that didnt make it into the production models for some reason or another... most notable for the -19 was the holographic cockpit display, which permitted the pilot to look down at his feet and see what was below the plane, giving a near spherical field of view with very few blind spots. of course we all know what the yf-21 was famous for ^^.

for the YF-19 all the way. both it and the yf-21 were testbeds for a whole lot of goodies that didnt make it into the production models for some reason or another... most notable for the -19 was the holographic cockpit display, which permitted the pilot to look down at his feet and see what was below the plane, giving a near spherical field of view with very few blind spots. of course we all know what the yf-21 was famous for ^^.

It wasn't the holographic cockpit that allowed the pilot to look down, but rather it was full panoramic monitors which did make it into the production models. Also, the holographic displays seem to be part of the HUD itself and it probably standard for most valks with canopy projected HUDs.

Edited by d3v

It wasn't the holographic cockpit that allowed the pilot to look down, but rather it was full panoramic monitors which did make it into the production models. Also, the holographic displays seem to be part of the HUD itself and it probably standard for most valks with canopy projected HUDs.

Yup, there's even a scene in "The Galaxy is Calling Me" when Basara looks down beneath his feet. I think Pedro was actually sitting on that monitor. I'd bet you *could* potentially do the same with the 25, as it's cockpit pitches the same way, but the X-gear probably takes up too much space to make it worthwhile.

Wasn't the YF-19 "Alpha1", Chase VF-11 "Chaser1", and Asteroid VF-11 (same plane) "Eagle7"? Or was that just the OVA?

Voted for the YFs, b/c they look the most utilitarian. While I really like the face of the 19F, I don't like the bulgy curves of the production model. The face of the 21 is waaaay cooler than the 22. I just love mono-eye valks! *

*Possibly with the exception of the 25S - but it has the one Primary and 2 secondary eyes - so it's close enough.

Edited by Kelsain

Observation so far:

(i) VF-19: Not surprisingly, YF-19 is now leading the poll, although Basara's Custom is a distant second. Come on Fire Bomber fans, go and vote for Basara!

(ii) VF-22: Here's where I have a little surprise: votes between VF-22 and YF-21 are almost equal, and for sometimes, VF-22 is actually leading the poll, which is a sharp contrast with VF-19. So for the VF-22 fans: Can anyone bother to tell me the reason you choose VF-22? I'm really curious. :)

Observation so far:

(i) VF-19: Not surprisingly, YF-19 is now leading the poll, although Basara's Custom is a distant second. Come on Fire Bomber fans, go and vote for Basara!

(ii) VF-22: Here's where I have a little surprise: votes between VF-22 and YF-21 are almost equal, and for sometimes, VF-22 is actually leading the poll, which is a sharp contrast with VF-19. So for the VF-22 fans: Can anyone bother to tell me the reason you choose VF-22? I'm really curious. :)

well now the VF-19A is now second, not surprising, considering on how similar this version look to the YF-19 (that t<and the fact that the VF-X Raven Squadron color look damn good!

Hmm, why I choose VF-22?

1. Max and Miriya are piloting it.

2. It doesn't messed up the pilot brain.

3. Available in three colors (Max, Miriya and Diamon squadron black color)

4. Max and Miriya are piloting it.