1/48 customs

imode

Don't know if anyone posted this yet, but here:

http://f11.aaacafe.ne.jp/~gazouup/vf-1.html

Enjoy.

Cool! The Max/Milia 1J schemes seem strange on the 1A (and that blue one is a bit too metallic for my tastes), but I love the VF-1 in all flavors, real or imagined. Now I really want a CF in 1/48.

Edited by Draykov

Uh, huh. It looks like a can of Maxwell House.

Awww, c'mon... it may not be a fetching paintstyle but I have yet to see a 1/48 custom from us lazy f*cks at MW... or did I miss something? This guy has four(!) customs and is working on a GBP!!! :o

mmm... coffee... :D

Edited by >EXO<

I would like to see a little more of that CF there... The color looks really good on the 1/48.

Not a fan of the metallic colors, but the repaints look like some really nice work.

Well he's probably starting with Hikaru -1A or Max -1A's and paying alot less than we are. Even the older 1/48s aren't exactly affordable for customization at import pricing...

And I definately see a CF there. Looks pretty good, but not as good as the Low-Viz. ;) Interesting that he did the MPC thing with the red tipped missiles... And a CF VF-1J, too. Nice. Don't like the metallic Max 1A. Not only is it too metalic, but it's the wrong shade... more turquoise than blue, especially under bright light, IMO. The Milia is better...

I love this shot:

DSC00726.JPG

Did you check out his Legioss? Looks damned good and in scale!

DSC00478.JPG

Hope this doesn't get anyone here sick:

DSC0052821.JPG

Edited by Uxi

I would like to see a little more of that CF there... The color looks really good on the 1/48.

Not a fan of the metallic colors, but the repaints look like some really nice work.

Agreed, that CF is just the right shade of tan.

Awww, c'mon... it may not be a fetching paintstyle but I have yet to see a 1/48 custom from us lazy f*cks at MW... or did I miss something? This guy has four(!) customs and is working on a GBP!!!

I don't mean to insult the guy's work. Obviously he thought it was cool otherwise he wouldn't have done it. More power to him. After all, that is what customizing is all about: making what you want because it hasn't been made. I just really don't like the "candy apple blue" effect.

Edited by Draykov

can you guys see the skull underneath the blue heatshield???  :D  I'm not knockin' it... just noticed... :p

He also left a little bit of the DYRL side stripe on the noses of that CF and Max/Milia...not to nitpick. Seeing a CF in 1/48 makes me want to run out and buy one (if there was one to buy, that is).

Edited by Draykov

Tough crowd... Even though the metallic doesn't look as good as the regular blue on the Max, you guys still have to admit he did a really good job on all of his 1/48. Those things look like they came directly from the factory which is hard to do. I am kind of curious why he put a VF-1A head on the Max while using the VF-1J color scheme, but it works. I hope he does more in the future. :D

Well, there's more than a few errors in addition to the ones already mentioned on the Max & Milia schemes:

1.) The shoulder's should be white with a red "arrow"

2.) The middle (bicep area) should be blue/red

3.) The stripe that goes around the leg, just above the landing gear doors, should be red on the Max

4.) The circle on the back of Max's backpack should be yellow

5.) They should have the flying kite symbol on the left wing

Looks like maybe he was just going off of memory. Or maybe he just did them this way because he liked them better this way, which is the cool part about doing customs....you get to make it the way you want it.

BUT....they still look very nice. It must take some pretty big cajones to take paint to a beautiful minty Yamato 1/48. I know I'd never have the nerve to do it. Plus, even with the descrepancies, the quality looks top notch. His skill far surpasses mine (which is not too hard to do since I have no skill, but that's another post :p).

Edit: grammar

Edited by mister_e

.1) The shoulder's should be white with a red "arrow"

2.) The middle (bicep area) should be blue/red

3.) The stripe that goes around the leg, just above the landing gear doors, should be red on the Max

4.) The circle on the back of Max's backpack should be yellow

5.) They should have the flying kite symbol on the left wing

6). The circles at the bottom of the legs on the Milia 1A should be white, not yellow.

Wow , those are quite simply the most awesome (and only) 1/48 customs I´ve ever seen :blink:

I don´t know about you guys but my favourite was Roy´s VF-1A , I never thought of such a thing as a 1A Roy custom but it certainly looks awesome to say the least , If only Yamato made something like this <_<

good god! How picky are some of you guys? I think you're all just jealous. ;):lol:

I have to be the minority vote, but I love the metallic blue max. Whenever I See something new/different I really notice it!

And the GBP.. wow. :ph34r:

Wow , those are quite simply the most awesome (and only) 1/48 customs I´ve ever seen :blink:

I don´t know about you guys but my favourite was Roy´s VF-1A , I never thought of such a thing as a 1A Roy custom but it certainly looks awesome to say the least , If only Yamato made something like this <_<

I'm not sure, but I don't think unscrewing the head from a Hikaru 1A and screwing it back on a Roy 1S body counts as a "custom." If you look at that pic, it doesn't even look like the arrow on the head has been repainted. I think he just did this briefly to goof off. :)

Then again, the panel lines are sweet! :p

H