DYRL Ejection Seat WIP

chillyche

This is a cel shaded work in progress DYRL VF-1 ejection seat. You'll note that there are a few missing pieces. This isn't going to be the highest poly model in the world, so I might ignore some of the bolts and fasteners. Obviously the underside of the seat is not yet done.

Awesome... you can actually post it here...

Huh, I can never get YouTube embed tags to work here... how'd you do that?

Meanwhile... since rendering more movies seems to be a crashfest, here's some stills. You'll note that the proportions are not exact on the model. This is because every picture I've found has totally different proportions. No real schematics to base it on, just sort of approximating all of the different references I used.

post-7376-1215922951_thumb.jpgpost-7376-1215922962_thumb.jpg

Color comes from this here model.

post-7376-1215922908_thumb.jpg

Edited by chillyche

When you're posting turn on HTML and then embed the code.

Aw man. I just tried activating the little HTML button next to "Insert Special Item", copied my embed code, and then saved the html, then posted, and I got nothing. This after rendering that movie kept TURNING MY COMPUTER OFF. Not crashing it. Not freezing it. Turning it off. Stroke of bad luck over here.

Looking good! :)

Maybe this schematic can help you with the proportions:

post-1093-1216056857_thumb.gif

Yes, yes it can. Awesome find man. I'm going to see if I can tweak my model now with making me tear my hair out. I've been having so many computer issues these past few days that I almost walked away from the chair forever.

Looking good! :)

Maybe this schematic can help you with the proportions:

post-1093-1216056857_thumb.gif

Yes, but according to your schematic view, this ejection seat:

http://www.new-un-spacy.com/macrossdyrl/vf...1-dyrl-seat.gif

Is a little different, due to the seat's rocket muzzles, it seems to be bigger than the schematic's. I'm working in a 1/48 ejection seat (and then a 1/48 non-transformable VF-1) and I'm having problems with the seat, it makes the cockpit floor to be too low and there is not enough room for the landing gear... Well, I think I'll find a way to solve it...