Southern Cross Spartas Backpack

I was looking through my local comic shop's random back issue box and I found Protoculture Addicts # 7 from 1990. Page 14 has this image I have never seen before. I was wondering, is this from This is animation? And what purpose does it serve? Looks too well done to be a Sentinels creation to me. Am I wrong?

post-1805-1212949894_thumb.jpg

(looks at the english text in the image....)

Nope, its not canon I think, it was made in you-know-what universe.

Notice how the original poster mentioned he found it in an old issue of Protoculture Addicts? :rolleyes:

Looks like line art from Southern Cross, in any case. If for no other reason than it's not shitty enough to be the kind of fanart PA had back in those days.

1:60 would be the same size of a 1:100 toynami valk. Which is probably the size of the toys that they're good in making. haha.

It's a good thing that the bioroids were about the same height... It's always so comfortably coincidental that these cartoons have the robots to be same size as the robots of their yet unseen enemies... lol. It was wonderfully explained in Macross, but other cartoons just keep getting lucky... I wanna see one where the good guys build a robot the size of a jet fighter and the enemy aliens show up with their fighters the size of buildings.

Pilot: Due to the alien technology from the satellite signals we intercepted we are able to match our enemies' fire power....

SQUISHHHH!

Aliens: They didn't prepare against our giant flyswatters!!! MWUAHAHAHA!