New 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru Pictures

Graham

Hey, the head's not that big of a deal, some plastic cement and a sharp hobby knife will take that gap away in io time.

HAH! You wouldn't say that if you saw the head from one of my Roy VF-1's. It looks awful...I killed the poor thing! Somone really needs to start a thread with some good tips on the best ways of applying putty. I am afraid I have a tendency to "overapply" it in places.... :(

Hey, the head's not that big of a deal, some plastic cement and a sharp hobby knife will take that gap away in io time.

HAH! You wouldn't say that if you saw the head from one of my Roy VF-1's. It looks awful...I killed the poor thing! Somone really needs to start a thread with some good tips on the best ways of applying putty. I am afraid I have a tendency to "overapply" it in places.... :(

Hi trueblueeyes,

Sorry i dun have a camera to show ya the pictures. Usually i would mixed tamiya putty with a bit of tamiya thinner or gunze sanyo thinner to cover crevaces, gaps or seams. The bigger the gap or seam, the less diluted the putty/mixture would be. In most extreme cases, epoxy putty is recommended. After sanding the putty upon drying, i would coat the seam or gap again with Mr. Surfacer to even or coverup any scratch marks or uneven surfaces. Lastly i would sand it off to a smooth surface with tamiya grade 1200, 1500 sand paper. In your case, if the gap was dramatic and obvious, i would have taken the S head apart, sand the joints flat and sand it smooth, followed by a super glue application. this method will joinh plastics together flawlessly as well act as a putty between the joints. All you have to do is file the excess super glue off upon drying, then apply abit of putty and Mr Surfacer and you are done. Then off to respraying to conceal the putty/surfacer seam. If you do not wish to respray, super glue/filling/sanding should do the trick. hope this helps

Cheers

:D

I need to get this one too!

So maybe by Christmas we will see a GBP armor?

Or perhaps another "extra" set of accessories with different heads for 1/48 line and hands?

Need to rob a bank, need to rob a bank....

Paulo