Macross Frontier English Dub

Hikuro

if you can get a better VA for alto you should send an episode to kwaramori or bandai.

Gonna help with my legal fees? lol

I think I have someone in mind for alto, unless someone else comes up with something better. There's still until sunday for any voice overs and so far I"m not really getting squat.

Auditions sent for Michel and Alto. Thanks for the heads up.

Got 'em, haven't heard them yet though.

Just now closed the audition side of it. I'm waiting on one person who said he wants to turn in something and he's got good references so I'm giving him some time. Other than that It's done.

I've received enough male voice talent (SHOCK!) that it shouldn't be difficult to dub this at all as long as all the roles give 100%.

Just now closed the audition side of it. I'm waiting on one person who said he wants to turn in something and he's got good references so I'm giving him some time. Other than that It's done.

I've received enough male voice talent (SHOCK!) that it shouldn't be difficult to dub this at all as long as all the roles give 100%.

Who's VAing Bobby? :p

LOL, if Bobby was open, I'd audition for that too. He's definitely one of the softest manly men in anime, hahaha. I guess it's good to know that there's a lot of people interested in the project. I've also had some friends watch the DYRL english dub, and were quite amazed at the quality of work done from everyone on that. Sooooo, you definitely have gained some clout in your abilities. Can't wait to hopefully work on this project. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3HrEPfzWDs

And here's the cast, many of you wont know who some of these people are, but you can youtube 'em to hear their voices. Course their voices in those videos wont be exactly it, buuuuuuut, you'll get the jest of it.

So, you got the girls in the love triangle the same as DYRL?. Somehow, I'm not surprised. ;)

Somehow, I can't hear you as that old dude in FleetComm... :lol:

Okay the links on my website have been fixed, the DVD Ace file has been deleted and I'm slowly uploading a 17 part HJ split version of the movie still in an Ace form. I can still unzip the file so it isn't the file itself, it's the server causing it to go bonkers.

Don't really have anything to say here, just wasting a po-

Wait...

We have breaking news!

Hikuro of Macross World Forums is a total dick for posting in the wrong thread! More on this situation as it develops.

:p

Sorry, man. I noticed that and it made me wtf :blink: ?

After the whole DYRL? thing, I think I'm gonna watch every dub you do, though.

Edited by SchizophrenicMC

• 2 weeks later...

Okay so a bit of a heads up, my little bit parts are done which wasn't anything extravagant, and Bladeblur who plays Gilliam recorded his stuff and I gotta say he died well.

VA's got this week and all next to do lines as I wanna try and get this out on my next available time off after the first of the month.

I should have my stuff to you by the 24th or 25th. I'm gonna pop up the fan subbed editions and listen through it a few times... Then I'll get my lines to you. I also wanna test out this mic I just picked up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDNrF8U4eP8

Just a tease...missing Female CIC voice over and Leon.

Well, I'm sorry, Hik, but you're really not cut out for BFrontier Captain... Maybe if there's ever a Megaroad return, you can be old Hikaru, but...

As for the president, I can't place that voice, but I've heard it somewhere...

And I'm saying endure it :p

Cristina did 90% of her Ranka lines, pretty good. So this is truely taking shape and turning out pretty good.

I'd try out, though I'd fail since my voice doesn't work for it either....

I could be Bobby, if you need him, though :lol:

"When you screw it in, give it a hard, manly twist!"

-Leron, TTGL

I'm not saying it was bad. To the contrary. However, I just don't see you as the perfect VA for the commander. If you're all that's available, fine. If you're the best you can get, fine. Just sayin...

Nothin' personal...

ok so far a good portion of VAs have turned in lines, but major roles I'm still waiting upon. Shouldnt be to much longer and then I can tighten up the video quality and sound aaand its done.

so wha I got left:

nanase,Alto, Michel, Luca, ozma, Sheryl, Cathy, Cook, Leon.

ok so far a good portion of VAs have turned in lines, but major roles I'm still waiting upon. Shouldnt be to much longer and then I can tighten up the video quality and sound aaand its done.

so wha I got left:

nanase,Alto, Michel, Luca, ozma, Sheryl, Cathy, Cook, Leon.

Hm...

Sounds like it's not doing incredibly horribly and I'm only saying this because if I say something obviously positive, there will be detriments, I just know it.

Well Leon's VA said he'll probably finish today before he works on another role, the girl playing Cathy Glass I haven't seen for a while so I might have to recast that one, and I'm a bit sketchy on the guy playing Ozma as I haven't heard to much from him.

Others are keeping in contact rather well and promise they'll have things done on time if not before hand. So I'm really crossing my fingers.

Well Leon's VA said he'll probably finish today before he works on another role, the girl playing Cathy Glass I haven't seen for a while so I might have to recast that one, and I'm a bit sketchy on the guy playing Ozma as I haven't heard to much from him.

Others are keeping in contact rather well and promise they'll have things done on time if not before hand. So I'm really crossing my fingers.

Like I said, outwardly postive = Murphy's Law.

I wish I could back you up on this, but I have nothing.

So far the extras hold the lead in finishing their lines. I believe I have one more guy I'm waiting on and the bit roles will be filled up.

The remaining mains besides Michel and Grace haven't reported in...Mippa said she would turn in her Sheryl lines ASAP, Cristina is tied down with something but only has 5 lines left to go, Rashinban hasn't even given me a reply to several emails I sent him about Alto, Chris is sick so I might have to replace him for Leon, Che is working on building a suitable Voice Over work station so I would think maybe another week until I get his Ozma lines.

Brooklynn who is playing Luca hasn't reported in for a while, and Maija who is Nanase will probably turn stuff in later in the week...she's in a bit of trouble right now for personal reasons.

So I wont make my deadline like I had hoped, was close but no cigar. I'll need to recast Leon and Cathy thus far, I hope it wont be any others.

Small update, I did receive about mmm less than half of Alto lines from Rashinban and I about dropped my jaw. With what time he's had doing this role and countless others plus his other obligations, he's done a fantastic job.

I think the fans are really going to enjoy his voice for the part, and with him and the countless other VA's, this'll probably rank right up there with DYRL's excellence, and I'm not just throwing that around.

Edited by Hikuro

So, the waiting game is on. That's cool though. At least there's some idea of where your cast is at. It must be a pain when they don't contact you in a long time, and you have no idea what happened to your VA's.

Well I did accomplish some stuff today. Mippa did her lines for Sheryl and they were excellent. So there isn't a lot left but yeah I'm bummed though that I gotta do some recasting on a few roles.