Macross Frontier English Dub

Hikuro

The captain and Ozma in that last clip could have been lifted straight from Metal Gear Solid - especially the captain. Maybe have them not force the deep raspy voice so much, and use a more natural tone. Great timing and overall quality tho ^_^

Really? Metal Gear? Hmph, never thought about that before...never even really played the games they're not my kind of genre to play. Well, the First game for the PS1 I played and finished and that was okay, but the others I didn't have interest cause of the overly long played out cut scenes.

I'm trying to get the ball rolling on the remaining cast members, recasted the role of Catherine Glass to a young girl named Yuffie who is playing a role in the Macross Aria webisode series by Che.

I'm REALLY trying to get this thing out this weekend but I kind of doubt it, it'll probably be 2 more weeks.

Yeah, Metal Gear Solid, the first one for the PS1, and, imo, the best one.

The captain seemed to force the raspy voice too deep, making an unnatural sounding voice over all. Maybe he just needs to relax some more :)

See, I don't get why everyone keeps going for Crispin on anything, he's not all mighty to me.

And yes you can dream, just stop bringing that dream up here lol do your own production.

Either case, Frontier is 90% done...I don't think there's much of anything else I can cram into it to make it anymore better.

Just gotta wait for the remaining VA's.

I kinda like Che as Ozma. Works much better than Raspy Roy. :)

I only wish she was Lanca, and he was Michael... Ah, I can dream, can't I?

Keep it up, Che. Only one man could sound better in your role, and his name is Crispin. :)

Hey, thanks, Schizo, seriously! I'm excited to be working with such an all-star cast as an actor. I've already had the pleasure to work with some of these folks on Macross Aria, and I admire and respect their talent very much.

See, I don't get why everyone keeps going for Crispin on anything, he's not all mighty to me.

And yes you can dream, just stop bringing that dream up here lol do your own production.

Either case, Frontier is 90% done...I don't think there's much of anything else I can cram into it to make it anymore better.

Just gotta wait for the remaining VA's.

I think this Eureka Seven AMV with audio from the Ace Combat 5 trailer is why. Crispin Freeman did a great job as Holland, who strikes me as having the same character as Ozma, in many ways...

"What are you, some kinda Jedi? I'mma Toydarian! Your mind tricks don'ta work onna me!"

You're right, there, Hik. You're right there.

In regards to Che:

I only wish I could do something other than be a thorn in Hikuro's virtual side. You're very lucky, Che. Keep up the good work. :)

Edited by SchizophrenicMC

Okay, so I got the last two samples I'm ever going to show off until the episode is released, which I'm waiting for 1 redo, and 2 Main VA's and 1 Extra and BOOM it's done...hopefully this weekend will be it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HICXawLrwkA this clip contains a good portion of the big battle between SMS Units Ozma and Gilliam.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5of2uBfSyU and here you finally get to hear Mippa again as Sheryl Nome, Shudo Ranmaru as Catherine Glass, and Rashinban as Alto Saotome.

Okay, so I got the last two samples I'm ever going to show off until the episode is released, which I'm waiting for 1 redo, and 2 Main VA's and 1 Extra and BOOM it's done...hopefully this weekend will be it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HICXawLrwkA this clip contains a good portion of the big battle between SMS Units Ozma and Gilliam.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5of2uBfSyU and here you finally get to hear Mippa again as Sheryl Nome, Shudo Ranmaru as Catherine Glass, and Rashinban as Alto Saotome.

Epic.

On an only slightly related note, who thinks Alto looks somewhat like Ben Affleck?

On an only slightly related note, who thinks Alto looks somewhat like Ben Affleck?

What??? Are you serious??? Of all the actors, you think he looks like Ben Affleck? LOL That's pretty damn funny, but I don't think Ben Affleck,,, maybe a younger CW type teen actor.

On another note, thanks for the update on Frontier. This will be very cool to see if it gets done today, and I can watch it tomorrow. Question, after this first episode, what're the chances of doing the rest of the series?

What??? Are you serious??? Of all the actors, you think he looks like Ben Affleck? LOL That's pretty damn funny, but I don't think Ben Affleck,,, maybe a younger CW type teen actor.

On another note, thanks for the update on Frontier. This will be very cool to see if it gets done today, and I can watch it tomorrow. Question, after this first episode, what're the chances of doing the rest of the series?

Like, maybe Ben Affleck mixed with Tom Cruise...

I think

is what inspired that...

Though... I mean, they look just the same if Affleck could get a close shave and his jaw was a bit more pointy... :)

On that note, Ranka looks NOTHING like Liv Tyler... :)

post-9357-1236540109_thumb.png

I think

is what inspired that...

Though... I mean, they look just the same if Affleck could get a close shave and his jaw was a bit more pointy... :)

damn you... that was the most painful thing I've ever heard and I only made it through about 10 seconds.

I think

is what inspired that...

I just lost my lunch watching that!! Ben Affleck should be no where near, mentioned or in plain sight of anything MACROSS!!!!

Edited by 505thAirborne

Spent half the day pondering that and no, don't think he looks like ben affleck.

http://www.drunkduck.com/Tozzer/index.php?p=496480 this place comes to mind when you talk about Ben Affleck.

Sadly, wont make it tonight, one VA said tomorrow, the other 2 I dunno.

I'm thinking if I want to do the 25 episodes or not...I got scripts for some episodes, buuuut mixing...mmm.....and waiting on lines.....eeh.....always the hardest part.

Spent half the day pondering that and no, don't think he looks like ben affleck.

http://www.drunkduck.com/Tozzer/index.php?p=496480 this place comes to mind when you talk about Ben Affleck.

Sadly, wont make it tonight, one VA said tomorrow, the other 2 I dunno.

I'm thinking if I want to do the 25 episodes or not...I got scripts for some episodes, buuuut mixing...mmm.....and waiting on lines.....eeh.....always the hardest part.

I made a video for a class, once. The hardest part was waiting for some of the stuff to get done... It made me feel so helpless...

Anyway, like I said, he looks like Ben Affleck with a skinny jaw! It's better than Matt Damon...

Well despite 2 missing voice overs, I watched a mock version of the episode, it's pretty good. I saw a few areas where I need to amp some voices just a bit to make it more audible, but this'll really big good!

I am having issues with Episode 2 though, specifically the music score, half the soundtracks in that episode don't even exist, like a secret stash of Yoko Kanno music locked in Kawamori's vault of no public allowance. I tried my best to sub what I could, but episode 2 will not have a lot of music in it, and I'm sure that's gonna happen with a number of episodes.

In regards to the "missing music" what about grabbing comparable Macross Frontier music from one of the many CDs they released? I know it's not really the same, but if the music can generate the same emotion from the viewer, will that help? The cool thing about DYRL is that all the music was released in cd, so far, not the same with Maccross F...Kinda unfortunate, cause the Yoko Kanno stuff is pure awesome.

Ozma sounds spot on in those clips, and the music and sound effects are great as well :)

crazy japanese voice actors and their super deep raspy voices are hard as hell to duplicate and sound decent, good work so far!

BTW, it just dawned on me that you have to re-make the entire audio track to the series, Bravo!

)for some reason I thought there was a voice track seperate from the score and sound effects, but that's all done in studio, not here)

If only stuff could be encoded that way lol

Yeaaaah, it's kind of lame cause SDF Macross is the only show I can rip vocals out of thanks to Anime Eigo.

So depending on the quality I want an episode in, can take me a day, or a month, or several months if it's a movie.

Episode 1 even as MY version didn't take very long to mix. I think it took under a week.

Episode 2 will probably take me a little longer cause there's a lot that's happening in the start of the episode and that's where my attention will mainly focus, the dog fight in the city. It's trying to match a lot of what's going on to be fairly accurate to the original sound.

After that the rest is pretty much dialogue, clothes being thrown, and Ozma car, which sadly, I'm not gonna be very accurate on that one.

Oh by the way, so far, no episode release. Didn't hear back from Cristina, I'll send her an email tonight to let her know the pressures on.

Edited by Hikuro

OK, I'm twidling my thumbs now. I'd like to put this one up on the tele and check it out. Just let me know when other characters become available. I'm down to do more stuff. Can't wait. :D

Oh yeah, it's gonna be REALLY late at night when this finishes...I had a few hicups I caught, and then had to fix the ending credits. So it's all rendering now and it'll take 2 hours, then I gotta upload 'em for download.

Okay, finished rendering, watched it from start to finish and it seems okay, I have no reserves about it so I'll begin uploading it...it's a 400 meg file with a 720x480 full screen resolution (Sorry, no widescreens on this episode)

I'll have links in the morning.

Absolutely awesome work. The mixing was done just about perfect. This definitely deserves more episodes to be done. Awesome work!!! I appreciate your hard work in getting this done in the time that you did, Hikuro. It really shows your talent growing, as well as your dedication to Macross. Also, congrats to all the cast. Very nice work from everyone. It rivals the big distributors (ADV, Funimation, etc.) Great job, everyone. :D

Well...Mikhail is one of the names he IS called so yeah.....meh.

Youtube already took down part 1 : / damn you bandai channel, they also took down another Macross clip of mine, luckily it wasn't from DYRL, I'd of been devastated.

Well...Mikhail is one of the names he IS called so yeah.....meh.

Youtube already took down part 1 : / damn you bandai channel, they also took down another Macross clip of mine, luckily it wasn't from DYRL, I'd of been devastated.

"Mikhail!"

-Alto

"That's Michel for you... "

-Luca

"...Michael..."

-I couldn't place it. It was kinda short and soft.

"Is that the job Mitchell took?"

-Henry Gilliam

So funny for me...

I think Henry still said Michelle, but that could be me. I instructed them to say Michelle.

In either case, youtube refuses to put the first 9 minutes up, so I gave up, I'm putting the entire episode up on Veoh and Vimeo.

Okay, I gotta step my game up. The leads have AGAIN totally killed it, Hik. It's great to hear Mippa and Cristina showing down again. Aside from being good choices for the characters, their voices actually compliment each other well, so it's a good choice just from an audio standpoint. Rashinban as Alto is a masterstroke. Everybody is good, but Bladeblur really gave me something to strive for on the next episode. I think he found the perfect balance between gruff japanese warrior voice and gruff english voice (without sounding too... what was the phrase used? Metal Gear?).

As you know, I think you do awesome work, and that was a joy to watch and be a part of.

If I had anything I'd ask you to work on for the next episode, it would be that that sometimes the main dialog felt a little buried under either music or ambient sound/chatter. That, and some of the music dissolves were a little more chunky than in DYRL (I understand that DYRL has all the music available, and for Frontier, you're sorta doing a hack-job with what IS available, which sadly, isn't everything). You know I'm not playa-hatin' on you, though, of course, since I love it, and can't wait to see (and participate in) episode 2.

DIE YOU DAMN MONSTERS!