Mortal Kombat VS DC Universe

12 years ago, Capcom combined their popular Street Fighter franchise with the license they had acquired from Marvel and the extremely popular VS franchise was born. Now Midway seems to have decided that they can do the same thing a decade later, and with their formerly mega-popular Mortal Kombat franchise and the DC Universe.

http://www.worldscollide.com/

Will this be any good, or will this be like unto what AVP is to movie crossovers?

I've known about this for some time now and i don't know what to think yet. The mortal kombat series has gone way down hill and can't compete with better 3D fighters like Virtua Fighter, Tekken (the greatest), and Soul Caliber. This seems like a last attempt to make the series relevant. Now the question becomes will our favorite DC heroes have fatalities? I mean DC doesn't really kill except for a for guys, very few but the fatalites were the high point of mortal kombat. If i can destroy some one in some bloody nasty way with Batman then i will check it out.

I've known about this for some time now and i don't know what to think yet. The mortal kombat series has gone way down hill and can't compete with better 3D fighters like Virtua Fighter, Tekken (the greatest), and Soul Caliber. This seems like a last attempt to make the series relevant. Now the question becomes will our favorite DC heroes have fatalities? I mean DC doesn't really kill except for a for guys, very few but the fatalites were the high point of mortal kombat. If i can destroy some one in some bloody nasty way with Batman then i will check it out.

I have a feeling we won't be seeing fatalities or anything extremely gruesome/violent as it doesn't fit the motiff of the basic DC universe. I think in the mythos they'll create, they'll elevate the MK cast to that of metahuman, and all we'll see is basic super hero stuff during the fights(hopefully).

I thought MK Deadly Alliance was a step forward for the franchise. The chess game was a particularly clever extra. Deception was an ok sequel, but nothing really new. I thought it was pretty dumb of them to lose the chess game, that should have become a standard mode. Armageddon was a complete and utter cash-in. So they basically started out with a good idea, and then ran it straight into the ground. I hope for their sake they've scrapped the entire system.

I hope this turns out better than I fear it will be.