Bandai Visual USA Going Belly-up.

And they'd also just started branching out into tv series like Super Robot Wars, & Kissdum (had it been set for release before this happened). MS IGLOO was a tip-toe into Gundam, likely to test how sales would be for them. Considering that BV US was a direct linked arm of BV Japan, their goals were to do simultanious Japan/U.S. releases, its very likely properties like the Gundam movies, & various TV series would have been in the pipeline. As for why BE got 00, they out bid for it. Since BE didn't have further interest in U.C. Gundam, that wouldn't have been an issue.

You're making lots of assumptions here. Where has it been stated that BEI outbid BV for 00? Where has it ever been stated that BEI has no interest in UC Gundam? If they didn't would they even waste time shipping out the Zeta Gundam Anime Legends set to stores? I still don't see anything you're saying that makes it clear BV USA would've released more Gundam, other than assumptions that don't seem to have any facts backing them up, unless you can provide some.

I have no love lost watching BV go quietly into the night. Their releases just killed the wallet. Sure the Patlabor special sets were awesome, but so was that price (and I got mine on sale). I just hope things go smoothly for Bandai in whatever form they choose here in North America. I want to see Macross Frontier brought over to North America and it just seemed likely to me that given Bandai is Big West's partner for Macross Froniter in Japan they would team up with Bandai out west as well. I know ChrisG that you've given up expectations of a NA release for any more Macross (in the corresponding thread on the MAHQ), but I don't believe it's impossible and I think it's more favourable now than it has been in a long time. But who knows, this could be good news for Bandai overall.

so is it "business as usual" for Bandai Entertainment and Bandai Visual USA? I mean will they be at AX08? since the liquidating begins on July 1st, would they do a fire sale at AX? I would love to get great deals on their release ^_^ ;;

Bandai Entertainment Inc. will continue. Bandai Visual USA will be folded into BEI. BV USA will not be at AX, or I should say, please direct all questions to BEI.