Does Macross need a retcon?

Temucano

whew! thanks bro, i needed that! :)

as for ASS-1, actually, myanmar has it now. it wasn't a cyclone. and that's why the myanmar government refuses to let rescue workers in, coz they might see it. :)

(that being said, if anyone is from myanmar, i am not taking your plight lightly. I pray for the country's quick recovery, and the welfare of all affected citizens).

Really, I thought it hit in the middle of the Indian Ocean a few years back causing that Tsunami?

AlphaHX

Well that's all fine and dandy. I was only posting some canon figures that I thought would help. But it looks like there's baggage in this discussion that wasn't apparent to me before. I said "feelings" to avoid labeling your opinion as based on fact because you specifically didn't want your opinions described as such. Now you're not satisfied with either term, so in an attempt to accommodate you I'm now at a total loss.

I will say this much on my own behalf: the official Macross statistics are not trivial. Kawamori designed the Valkyries with certain weights and dimensions for a reason. He's an engineer, so he knows what it is he's doing. It's not like some third party came along years after and pulled numbers from nowhere just so Big West could add filler text to some Macross fan book. We fans may not be privy to the reasons why Kawamori made his Valkyries a certain size or weight but that doesn't make quoting his figures meaningless just because the exposition wasn't "animated" in the SDF Macross anime.

I understand your use of "feelings". Dont get me wrong, I just said it gave the impression that I'm using all feelings that follows no line of logical thought which at that rate I'm just a rambling 5 year old. Thats just all feelings and no signs of intelligence. :wacko:

I dont think you need to explain yourself, nor does Noyhauser giving out Macross statistics. Like I said before, its always nice to have. I'm also not questioning Kawamori's intelligence as an engineer and designer but his creation of Valks in an anime universe could very well have a large influence of just his own personal preference... and just to be clear, I'm not saying it is... I'm just say it could be a possibility. So since we'll never know I dont see my opinion being any less valid.

Edited by AlphaHX

Sounds good. I suppose there is the possibility that Kawamori might not take into account every Valkyrie when he designs new ones, but that's not for me to say either way. On the subject of dimensions, I've always hoped that Kawamori would release some more complete figures for the Macross Zero mecha. I would have thought that a wing span would be something we'd never be without, but there currently are no such figures. Perhaps that Macross Chronicle publication that's on the horizon will help fill out some of the details.

I guess it urks me more than the other VFs cuz I see the VF-0 as a VF-1 prototype to a certain degree.

Also - in the real world; newer and better is often smaller. Lots of examples of this...

VFTF1

Also - in the real world; newer and better is often smaller. Lots of examples of this...

VFTF1

Planes has increased in size since WWII. Good amount of cars now are bigger than they were in the 90s. All depends on how you look at it. Theres plenty of examples either way. ;)