broken 1/60 vf-0 arm question

milty66

I haven't posted anything here in a while, but I got a relatively "simple" question.

I recently received the vf-0 1/60 "shin" type and the arm/shoulder ball socket joint( receiving socket) snapped in 2. So the arm is now disconnected and I'd like to find a good technique to repair it or how to fine a replacement socket. If anyone has any know-how, I'd much appreciate it.

Thanks!

What the hemlock is it with those VF-OAs... sheesh. Same thing happened to me.

Answer: Buy another one.

As for the broken arm - check the "Strike a Pose!" thread - someone has a very good photographic answer for what to do with the broken arm...

I my self am working on my own photographic answer as well - battle damage shin...

but in general - buy another one and pray.

VFTF1

I haven't posted anything here in a while, but I got a relatively "simple" question.

I recently received the vf-0 1/60 "shin" type and the arm/shoulder ball socket joint( receiving socket) snapped in 2. So the arm is now disconnected and I'd like to find a good technique to repair it or how to fine a replacement socket. If anyone has any know-how, I'd much appreciate it.

Thanks!

you can either order a set from HLJ or you can try http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=25638.

I think it was 15 bucks an arm from HLJ but you get whole arm, from the shoulder down.

From what Graham has told us the problem was the rubber and the abs was reacting in bad way and the newer arms have a remixed formula and shouldn't suffer the same fate.

I'm scared of checking to see how my first release VF-0S is doing. :mellow: Despite my fear, maybe I'll transform/pose this one later on. Not being able to mess with the transformable toy is the same thing, to me, as having it broken, so I might as well have my fun while it lasts.

Any chance of getting a link to the 15 buck and arm HLJ?

VFTF1

There's no link, you need to do it through email. oishi@hlj.com, that's the fellow I wrote to last year.

You need to specify which VF-0 you have and which arm (left or right) though I would recommend getting both.

Getting the replacement arms from HLJ will be expensive for shipping to the US. I think a better option is to buy the replacement part recast from SILVERDRAGON (1/48 and 1/60 parts depot) over in the "For sale" section (I should get a referal discount from him ... haha). Anyways, it's $10 for both L and R arms. I don't know the quality yet, as my order is pending ... but will let you guy know once I receive them.

Yes, please post your findings once you get these recasts. I bought 2 sets of the VF-0S arms and 2 sets of the VF-0A CF arms awhile back from HLJ for quite a bit, but I haven't needed to replace the arms on any of my VF-0's yet except for one VF-0A CF I received with a broken arm at the elbow and both broken shoulders from that creep, agr33 (still wanna take out my anger on this guy :angry: ). Still, if the recasts are good, I wouldn't mind picking up some extras to fall back on since the VF-0's have proven to be a ticking timebomb.