F-14 Super TOMCAT OVER ASUKA II

maximilian_jenius

well here it's a escene of macross zero. it's a F-14 Super tomcat on the ASUKA II (ASCA)

The F-14 is an academy model kit

The crew is a "Hasegawa 1/72 U.S F-16 CREW"

All the custom work is mine :D

fotos4012yr0.jpg

fotos4013wv0.jpg

fotos4015rg3.jpg

fotos4018pe2.jpg

fotos4019nm6.jpg

fotos4020zl3.jpg

more pics of this diorama and other stuff, from a event here in my town concepcion, chile

- http://www.flickr.com/photos/sensei_okami_sama/

- http://www.flickr.com/photos/carocops

Plane dioramas always feel so empty without a ground crew, very nice work! Woo 1/48!

the only nippick i have with the effort (which, overwise gets a BZ, regardless) is that because of the limited resources you had (the 1/48 scale AIR FORCE ground crew set) to make it, it's still not accurate. first off, there are no portable firebottles of that style used aboard ship (P-25's, large 3 crewed Fire Fighting trucks cover that onboard ship). 2nd? no C-1 stands are used at sea (you could possibly kitbash create a B-1 or B-4A stand, if you had pics or illustrations). 3? you need to look at pics of various aircraft carriers in use by various countries for deck layout and markings (on the assumption that the Asuka II wasn't built in the US in Macross's timeline)

do that, and you'll make something really, really good (since what you have done proves you got the shiznit ^_^ )

they do sell full plastic (whats the word) unpainted pieces of support equipment in 1/72 & 1/48 as well as some hard to get kits. I've bought and painted both types, both scales, though as an example, they only have molds of older versions of SE we use (NC-2A as opposed to the current A-3 or MD-3's as opposed to the A-31A & B)

but still cool! :lol:

Edit: found a link of a example: The MD-3 http://www.xs4all.nl/~robdebie/models/mule.htm

Edited by pensives_wetness

Nice job! The urban neighborhood really throws it off in the photos ^_^ . - MT

jajaja yeah XD, this weekend I going with my girlfriend and photografer friende to a navy base, there we are going to take new a better pics.

Plane dioramas always feel so empty without a ground crew, very nice work! Woo 1/48!

today I went to a model shop in my town, there still have "hasegawa 1/48 F-16 Crew" is the same that the 1/72 model.

the only nippick i have with the effort (which, overwise gets a BZ, regardless) is that because of the limited resources you had (the 1/48 scale AIR FORCE ground crew set) to make it, it's still not accurate. first off, there are no portable firebottles of that style used aboard ship (P-25's, large 3 crewed Fire Fighting trucks cover that onboard ship). 2nd? no C-1 stands are used at sea (you could possibly kitbash create a B-1 or B-4A stand, if you had pics or illustrations). 3? you need to look at pics of various aircraft carriers in use by various countries for deck layout and markings (on the assumption that the Asuka II wasn't built in the US in Macross's timeline)

There is no much info about the crew of the asuka. I took the idea thinking about that the F-14 is a LOW VISIBILITY type, so I think that the crew will be look better with a low visibility style XD.

But you are right, maby I must change "OVER ASUKA" to "ON A SOUTH PACIFIC BASE"

do that, and you'll make something really, really good (since what you have done proves you got the shiznit ^_^ )

they do sell full plastic (whats the word) unpainted pieces of support equipment in 1/72 & 1/48 as well as some hard to get kits. I've bought and painted both types, both scales, though as an example, they only have molds of older versions of SE we use (NC-2A as opposed to the current A-3 or MD-3's as opposed to the A-31A & B)

but still cool! :lol:

Edit: found a link of a example: The MD-3 http://www.xs4all.nl/~robdebie/models/mule.htm

THNX!!!!

but that is the problem. first in the model store only are this type of crew, so, I will make a scratch building for my VF-19S "Ravens" to make the crew of the BATTLE-13 using another US Crew kit.

thnx pensives_wetness and all. this motivates me to improve

thnx pensives_wetness and all. this motivates me to improve

Please, Just PW. Pensive's Wetness... well, is such a... harsh term in polite company (but i still give a middle finger to the sphincter to anyone who tries to correct me :ph34r: )

anyway, looking at the website (fairly old or just out of date since the A-31 has been out-of-service for over 10 years now, the few units that never went to CYLOP in 94~96 are either at the C-Schools, DRMO or rusting away in the oceans [pretty sure a couple have been lost at sea over the decades]) I mean look at the pics on the site. GPCL, you see painted on the side of the tug on the model kit illustration. when i first seen a A-31 in '91, they were marked GPC7 (and eventually GPCX used on A-31A & B)

Not often you hear BZ around here. Nice.

And PW, you sure know your tractors. :)

Hey whilst we're here, are you able to explain callsign VVAX360? He was one of your guys and flew in to the base here yesterday. Does any of it refer to their squadron or is it just a random USN international callsign? It was a C130, if it matters. Cheers!

Edited by cowie165

Not often you hear BZ around here. Nice.

And PW, you sure know your tractors. :)

Hey whilst we're here, are you able to explain callsign VVAX360? He was one of your guys and flew in to the base here yesterday. Does any of it refer to their squadron or is it just a random USN international callsign? It was a C130, if it matters. Cheers!

usually thier tail letters plus the Mod number (to denote which particular AC it is, if the squadron has several birds assigned to it)

uh duh. ^_^ I work on them, silly :lol: of course i know these things... you may kneel and bow now. :rolleyes:

usually thier tail letters plus the Mod number (to denote which particular AC it is, if the squadron has several birds assigned to it)

uh duh. ^_^ I work on them, silly :lol: of course i know these things... you may kneel and bow now. :rolleyes:

Thanks dude. If I ever need to get a busted jet off my runway real quick, I know who to email about tow motors :)

Seriously though, cheers for your reply.

/OT

• 3 weeks later...