Akira Live Action

wolfx

If they grasped the basics of the story, they should know that Akira needs to be set in Japan. But we all know that's not going to happen, which means complete rewrite, except for the bike and the mutants.

I don't really see what aspects of Akira REQUIRE it to be set in Japan, but the change to New Manhattan still seems unnecessary.

meh, live action japanese action movies are good for a laugh or two but I can't take them seriously for anything other than a chuckle and a cheesey good time.

the only japanese movie that i've seen is ringu and it is 100 times better than the ring (even tho' most scenes are the same in both movies).

i mainly watch chinese movies and i've started to watch korean movies too.

I don't really see what aspects of Akira REQUIRE it to be set in Japan, but the change to New Manhattan still seems unnecessary.

that's like havin' superman, batman, spider-man and x-men based in tokyo or paris instead of their comic book homes... it just isn't the same.

the only japanese movie that i've seen is ringu and it is 100 times better than the ring (even tho' most scenes are the same in both movies).

i mainly watch chinese movies and i've started to watch korean movies too.

I'll give you that japanese horror movies are good.. but watch princess blade or any of the action movies... they're uhm... awesome.

if you're starting to watch korean movies, check out the revenge trilogy.. old boy and lady vengeance are incredible.

Edited by eugimon