Is it worth it?

Thai Boxer 9901

Your main problem, is if you ever decide on getting just 'one', could you just stop there?

You should spoil yourself just once, get your fav valkyrie (be it the Hikky 1S or 19*), and swear on not getting another.

Sorry i couldn't be of more help. But you need to get atleast one man. Then be done with it. :)

and YES it is worth it, the 1/48's are awesome. as is the YF-19 + Fold/FP combo. Don't get the 1st version.

And you probably will HAVE to get the 1/48 Strike/FP set too for your Hikky.

This is what happens when you buy your first one

And I would need at least another 5 of these Ikea Display Cases to display all my stuff which is currently being stored in expensive plastic bins

post-4512-1201537000_thumb.jpg

Edited by nugundamII

Are there any smokers here?

Wait are we allowed to talk about our "smoking" habits??? Oh.....you guys speak of cigs.....ummmm yeah....I don't smoke. It's bad for ya and it's in my family to die quicker than natural death from those things...Plus...they taste bad. :ph34r:

Edited by misterryno

Look at it this way: If it makes you happy, then buy it. If it doesnt and you worry about the money you spent then dont. That simple. Now if you get one, it will not stop. I can attest and many here on MW will vouch, my collection didnt stop with one. Sure it started innocent enough to get the Low Vis but it went from 1 to 10 Low vis. Then I wanted to get 4 of each release but that went out the door as you can see my siggy. It didnt help when Kensei and I went into a Cold War arms buildup but oh well. Unlike lordkungfu, B)) I have pictures to backup my statement. Of course this is a couple of years old. Godzilla's collection pic posts. Yes I know, I will post pictures when I get a chance for the latest update. Most of my stuff are in boxes.

Just remember that hobbies are 2nd, not first. If you got bills and such, those are always a higher priority. I am also looking for a engagement ring so my collecting has slowed down and I mhave sold some of my valks off to offset some costs since I just bought a home. Anyways good luck on whatever you do.

I am also looking for a engagement ring so my collecting has slowed down and I mhave sold some of my valks off to offset some costs since I just bought a home. Anyways good luck on whatever you do.

Luckily for me, my mother had gotten a second wedding ring from my father so she gave me her original ring to present to my honey.

:ph34r:

Luckily for me, my mother had gotten a second wedding ring from my father so she gave me her original ring to present to my honey.

:ph34r:

i thought i was reigning champ of taking a thread off topic but you've clearly taken the title in just a few short months.

i thought i was reigning champ of taking a thread off topic but you've clearly taken the title in just a few short months.

:lol::D I'm the "off topic Ninja" :ph34r: But....not really....there was mention of an engagement ring a few times in this topic...so I just went with it.

Is it worth it? Nope not anymore. Used to be though. I had too many real life expenses in the way for one. I also felt for the money, the quality was lacking from Yamato. I became tired of DIY fix ups. So I decided my money would be better spent elsewhere.

But the later releases have fixes to them don't they?

Look at it this way: If it makes you happy, then buy it. If it doesnt and you worry about the money you spent then dont. That simple. Now if you get one, it will not stop. I can attest and many here on MW will vouch, my collection didnt stop with one. Sure it started innocent enough to get the Low Vis but it went from 1 to 10 Low vis. Then I wanted to get 4 of each release but that went out the door as you can see my siggy. It didnt help when Kensei and I went into a Cold War arms buildup but oh well. Unlike lordkungfu, cool.gif I have pictures to backup my statement. Of course this is a couple of years old. Godzilla's collection pic posts. Yes I know, I will post pictures when I get a chance for the latest update. Most of my stuff are in boxes.

Just remember that hobbies are 2nd, not first. If you got bills and such, those are always a higher priority. I am also looking for a engagement ring so my collecting has slowed down and I mhave sold some of my valks off to offset some costs since I just bought a home. Anyways good luck on whatever you do.

Was the home for you or for the valks though?

Well true that the later versions might be fixed but why should the person who buys the first version get screwed? One of the reasons I stopped. Although, the 1/60 VF-1 has me slightly interested.

For the record most of the 1/72s, 1/60s and 1/48s I had were ok. But a few were awful right out of the box with bad part fittings, sloppy paint, broken parts, bad molding etc.

Well true that the later versions might be fixed but why should the person who buys the first version get screwed?

They don't. Look at the megazone 23 Garland first releases: you only have to email to get the replacement shoulders, just like with toynami products.

I'm sure the japanese don't have much to complain about because they have support us overseas buyers can't get. (due to the Harmony Gold legal issues making it hard for yamato to officially support the overseas buyer for Macross products?)

It's just those outside japan who buy first releases that get screwed isn't it? (and these are toy modders and people that actually like pulling stuff apart and applying fixes and stuff) For the rest of us who are outside japan: wait for the rich kids' toy reviews before making an order and there shouldn't be any hassle.

And anyway Graham has mentioned somewhere deep within the bowels of the forum that some new QC guy has been hired so things might be brighter for future "first release" guinea pigs. Urgh don't ask me to find it, but trust me, he said it. So lets just withhold judgement for now. Hopefully this means no fragility or major first release goofs in future? (You could always sell your first release on ebay for cheap and then with the money go and buy a second release if you are not happy)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

All I can say is I emailed toynami lots of times...no reply. I emailed them on all of there email addresses. No reply. If you have some kind of special email address for them please share. Broken toys out of the box with pics and nothing.

They don't. Look at the megazone 23 Garland first releases: you only have to email to get the replacement shoulders, just like with toynami products.

Oh yeah? Well i know that you know that i know you do... know.

YEAH!!! I know that you know that I knew that you knew that I know you knew....wait :blink: ....DAMN....I don't know :unsure:

Yamato Nora SV-51 $220.00

Shipping $50.00

Dinner for two to keep

the wife from killing you. $75.00

The smile you get each

time you look at it....... PRICELESS

Of course it's worth it.

Getting sued by mastercard for trademark infringement, sucky!

I got rid of most of my toys...I only kept my favorites:

1/48 Super Stealth (my favorite)

1/48 Roy w/Strike armor

1/48 Low viz 1 (only kept it to cover one of each type)

1/72 YF-19

1/72 VF-19

1/72 VF-11 X4 (one FP)

1/72 YF-21 w/FP

1/60 VF-0S (never transformed it, I'm terrified to)

1/60 YF-19 w/booster

1/60 Ivanov (just got it a week ago, the last Yamato I'll buy ever. Ugly as hell battroid but fighter mode is incredible and not half as ugly as Nora's).

Now models are a whole different story. I have WAY to many, enough to where I've got about 1 year of solid building in front of me. Besides, although they may not be variable, looks wise Hasegawa's are the be all end all of valkyries, in fighter and Battroid mode on top of 1/72 being my favorite scale. Plus, I hated buying toys only to have them sit there. At least with models, you DO something with them. But that's just my opinion.

point is, if you're gut says no, then don't buy it. you really should check out the Hasegawa kits though, at 25-35 a pop you can't go wrong.

Edited by Excillon