Dancouga Nova

eriku

I have to say in its prototype state it does look good. And what is that this is going to be 32cm tall in fully combined mode? HOLY CRAP!!!!!! I think someone quoted at toysdaily this will be 60,000 yen!! :wacko: Sure it will be less than the SHE version, but man this stuff doesn't come any cheaper!

I've been a suporter of CMS for a while, and this dancouga is nice, but not 500 nice. I'm happy with my SOC.

Seriously looking at this thing and then the price makes me really appreciate the value I get out of my SOC Dancouga. Compare a beautiful $150 SOC Dancouga to this $500 one. However in the end I think the SOC one wins. Praise the first and the original Dancouga!

Quoted from Genesicgaogaiga of Toysdaily:

According to CMS, the no. of order would be set at 1000 pieces and the price would be ~60000 yen. There would be ~30% diecast for this toy. 32 cm tall=>>even larger than DX GGGG. The price is reasonable for such a large toy!

Does that mean "limited edition"?

I f* hate limited editions of stuff that looks good.

The SHE does look better but this one has that extra robot that hooks up in the back and is "cheaper"...

Wish I liked the SOC Dancouga better than the Nova design. The worst part is that even if I'm blown away to the Moon by the CM Legioss/Tread and decide to get this thing on a wallet raping impulse, Bandai could just do a 150 USD SOC later on.

Edited by Twoducks

SOC Dancouga = bigger.

Uh, no. Nova is going to be 32cm. That's over a foot tall from toe to head. SOC Dan is a "mere" 10.5 inches. If you add in the cannons, yeah, he's taller, but that hardly counts.

However, your other points stand pretty valid, though overall, I think that point #2 is the most important factor in all of this. This is going to cost a metric @#%ton. Considering what else you can get for that kind of scratch, it just doesn't seem worth it.

Uh, no. Nova is going to be 32cm. That's over a foot tall from toe to head. SOC Dan is a "mere" 10.5 inches. If you add in the cannons, yeah, he's taller, but that hardly counts.

When comparing the Dancouga to Nova, any cheap shot is acceptable. :p

Is that 32cm to the top of the head, the top of the wing/ear antennae, or the top of the back cannon?

Not that it's a huge difference either way, but...

However, your other points stand pretty valid, though overall, I think that point #2 is the most important factor in all of this. This is going to cost a metric @#%ton. Considering what else you can get for that kind of scratch, it just doesn't seem worth it.

Yah.

I WOULD like to see some side-by-sides of the SOC Dancouga and the CM's Nova once it comes out. Just to see how they compare.

The individual beast machines probably benefit a lot from the larger size. Especially given the Nova head unit is so much bulkier than the original Eagle Fighter to start with(that was the weakest part of the SoC by far, though they tucked a fair bit into such a small piece).