VF-1 Stealth with Low Visibility Urban Camo Armor

MacrossMan

Do you actually have everything on your page, and if you do you have collection pics?

Check out his page HERE

It is AWESOME!!! There are GREAT pics and even better reviews. Jenius is the MAN!!!

:ph34r:

Do you actually have everything on your page, and if you do you have collection pics?

Sorry, no collection pics per se. I tackle one toy at a time. One of the toys I tackled was the Urban GBP though so I put it on almost every 1/48 and took pictures front and back.

Thanks for props Misterryno!

Edited by jenius

Sorry, no collection pics per se. I tackle one toy at a time. One of the toys I tackled was the Urban GBP though so I put it on almost every 1/48 and took pictures front and back.

Thanks for props Misterryno!

Although I didn't see the Stealth with the armor, I have to concur with the other guy. Your site is on point with everything Macross/Robotech related. I've recently been bit by the bug and have done about $900.00 in damage in a week's time picking up fighter's here and there.

A couple questions. Can you guys recommend any good sites to purchase from other than E-bay? I've Googled just about everything imagineable and keep coming up with the same sites. Also, I noticed that there is a new 1/60th model coming out. Do you guys recommend purchasing the older 1/60's? I have my eyes on three: the ostrich, elintseeker, and the VF-D1. Any idea when the new 1/60's will be available?

I did luck up and find the strike armor parts for the Stealth so I will add the armor to another 1/48 of my choosing...hopefully an affordable Low Vis ver. 1...SWEET!

Thanks guys and I look forward to engaging you guys for info.

Although I didn't see the Stealth with the armor, I have to concur with the other guy. Your site is on point with everything Macross/Robotech related. I've recently been bit by the bug and have done about $900.00 in damage in a week's time picking up fighter's here and there.

A couple questions. Can you guys recommend any good sites to purchase from other than E-bay? I've Googled just about everything imagineable and keep coming up with the same sites. Also, I noticed that there is a new 1/60th model coming out. Do you guys recommend purchasing the older 1/60's? I have my eyes on three: the ostrich, elintseeker, and the VF-D1. Any idea when the new 1/60's will be available?

I did luck up and find the strike armor parts for the Stealth so I will add the armor to another 1/48 of my choosing...hopefully an affordable Low Vis ver. 1...SWEET!

Thanks guys and I look forward to engaging you guys for info.

I think I can speak for alot of us when I say wait for the new 1/60's. I know you have to wait till prob. April...but it will be worth it. I hope. About the sites to buy from. There are sooooooo many. I recommend visiting www.LAFtoys.com though. LOS is a member here and he is the BOMB!!! Good job on picking up the Stealth and the parts though. That is a hard find these days for a decent price. And good luck on getting the Low Vis for a low price.

Oh yes.....one more thing.....I forgot to say it and noticing that it is only your second post.....WELCOME TO MACROSS WORLD!!! Your wallet will hate you :lol::lol::lol:

Ditto on Misterryno's suggestions. Kevin from Valk exchange carries toys from time to time as well. The original 1/48 gbp is on sale at several different sites, it can be purchased for well under $90. I might pick up another set and paint an all black and grey GBP from my stealth and 25 anniv 1S.

Your wallet will hate you

He already spent $900.00 in one week so his wallet already hates him!

Good luck on finding the vt-1, ve-1 and vf-1d. They come up now and again. You are probly not going to find an online store with them, you will mostly find them on ebay..... Not that I think there is anything wrong with ebay, most of my collection is from ebay. You just have to be patient, I just won a yamato que-rau millia for $38.00 tonight.

It was posted a while back but the search gizmo can find it:

GBPIII%20Stealth.jpg

To go directly to this review, CLICK HERE.

Thanks Jenius. I looked right at it and didn't realize it was the stealth. Armor doesn't do it much justice in my opinion. Well I was informed today that the stealth armor that I ordered was no longer available and that sucks, but I did find a site that has the set the fighter and armor. They have a disclaimer that the box is damaged, but the figure is in mint condition. I also received my first shipment of VF's today. Nothing impressive:

1/60 DYRL Fokker

MPC Ben Dixon

Macross Joon Chunky Monkey (Go ahead and laugh. I didn't know what I was purchasing. I just got excited when I saw it. By the time I found this site and had time to read up on what's desirable it was too late.)

Anywho, I have a Stealth that should be here on Wednesday, but I am debating on ordering the set so that I can have the armor with it. Not too worried about the box. I can return the other when it arrives.

Anywho, I appreciate the info guys as I won't be purchasing any more 1/60 DYRL's. I have the VF-0A and VF-0S 1/60's on the way. If anybody has an extra set of armor for the stealth they are interested in selling feel free to send me a message. You guys take care and we'll be in touch.

Thanks Jenius. I looked right at it and didn't realize it was the stealth. Armor doesn't do it much justice in my opinion. Well I was informed today that the stealth armor that I ordered was no longer available and that sucks, but I did find a site that has the set the fighter and armor. They have a disclaimer that the box is damaged, but the figure is in mint condition. I also received my first shipment of VF's today. Nothing impressive:

1/60 DYRL Fokker

MPC Ben Dixon

Macross Joon Chunky Monkey (Go ahead and laugh. I didn't know what I was purchasing. I just got excited when I saw it. By the time I found this site and had time to read up on what's desirable it was too late.)

Anywho, I have a Stealth that should be here on Wednesday, but I am debating on ordering the set so that I can have the armor with it. Not too worried about the box. I can return the other when it arrives.

Anywho, I appreciate the info guys as I won't be purchasing any more 1/60 DYRL's. I have the VF-0A and VF-0S 1/60's on the way. If anybody has an extra set of armor for the stealth they are interested in selling feel free to send me a message. You guys take care and we'll be in touch.

Found a Stealth with super and strike parts MIB...$219.99...SCHWEET!!!

Found a Stealth with super and strike parts MIB...$219.99...SCHWEET!!!

Feels like I'm blogging here. Just received an email that the Stealth set was no longer avaialable and that it was an error on their website...*sigh*...I give up for now. I just ordered the 1/60 YF-19 and got it for a decent price. If anybody plans on selling any of their 1/48's in anticipation of the new 1/60's please let me know.

I am light years behind you guys and would really like to build my collection. I received a 1/60 DYRL Max and 1/60 DYRL TRUS Cannon Fodder today. That's it for the old 1/60's with the exception of some 1/60 BGP armor that should be on its way.

Also ordered the complete Robotech collection on DVD and plan to start watching it from beginning to end when it arrives. I couldn't appreciate it for what it was as a kid in 5th grade in 1985. After getting my son a boatload of Transformers for Christmas my interest was sparked for the G1 Transformers and I started searching for Jetfire since he was my favorite. Jetfire led me back to Robotech and ever since I have been on a Macross high!

Still looking for stealth strike parts. If anyone has any they're willing to let go please let me know. Thanks!

Also ordered the complete Robotech collection on DVD and plan to start watching it from beginning to end when it arrives. I couldn't appreciate it for what it was as a kid in 5th grade in 1985. After getting my son a boatload of Transformers for Christmas my interest was sparked for the G1 Transformers and I started searching for Jetfire since he was my favorite. Jetfire led me back to Robotech and ever since I have been on a Macross high!

Welcome to Macrossworld. Too bad you did not get your Stealth -- keep a constant vigil on the For Sale forum. Off topic, make sure (if you haven't already) to get the complete original SDF Macross box set to go with your Robotech box set. Comparing the original to the Harmony Gold edited version is rather eye-opening.

Welcome to Macrossworld. Too bad you did not get your Stealth -- keep a constant vigil on the For Sale forum. Off topic, make sure (if you haven't already) to get the complete original SDF Macross box set to go with your Robotech box set. Comparing the original to the Harmony Gold edited version is rather eye-opening.

WickedAce,

Thanks for the welcome and the info. The more I read the forums the more I realize how ignorant I am to the whole Macross and Robotech thing. I have to be honest and say that it was Robotech that I watched as a kid. It sparked my interest because it seemed more "real" than Transformers. Although it seemed more real, I still didn't follow the story line because I was only interested in the cool robots and destruction that wasn't depicted in Transformers. I will be sure to cop the SDF Macross set as well.

My eyes have been opened to a whole different world. I noticed that when I watched Macross Plus Volumes 1-4 yesterday. In my ignorance, I thought the YF-19 and YF-21 had just been "created". I did not know they were actual fighters from the story. I didn't even realize that the VF's in the originals were different colors and served different purposes. Again, I thought they were just variants that had been created in order for the toy company to make more money.

When I first noticed the Yamato toys on E-Bay I thought they were the coolest looking figures! I thought they had a more futuristic look to them when in actuality they look just like the fighters depicted in the cartoons series 20 plus years ago! Basically the toys got better. With today's technological advances, toy companies are able to make true to life figures; yesterday's toys look primitive compared to today's.

I will continue to research the forums and become more knowledgeable, but in the meantime you guys will have to excuse my ignorance. I'm seeing the rabbit hole runs quite a bit deeper than what I thought. :blink:

By the way, I did get the 1:48 Stealth; just not with the strike armor parts. My first and only 1:48 so far.