Toynami 1/100 Hairline crack

andrian

I bought the toyname 1/100 version and i realised that the socket where the arms goes is slightly cracked. I checked thru all the models in the shop and most of them were slightly cracked too. Was yours cracked as well? There was like hairline cracks on the circle sockets...

Does anyone have the same problem as me? Is it normal? Thanks

Cracks on a Toynami toy? I'm shocked! Shocked!

Just wait until the cup holding the joint for displaying the fighter mode also cracks...under the weight of the fighter!

For all the complaining people do about Yamato's QC - I will be the first to admit that any damage I have ever done to my Yamatos was because I was not delicate enough and pulled the wrong way...

Whereas Toynami is not only aesthetically inferior - but cracks.

Steer clear of 'em I say :)

VFTF1

Just wait until the cup holding the joint for displaying the fighter mode also cracks...under the weight of the fighter!

For all the complaining people do about Yamato's QC - I will be the first to admit that any damage I have ever done to my Yamatos was because I was not delicate enough and pulled the wrong way...

VFTF1

Luckily I have not had ANY issues with my Max and Millia 1/100's :ph34r:

VFTF1

So a $150+ "high end collectible" is ok because it was your fault but a $20 toy with problems, we must stay clear? I dont understand but Im sure you have plenty of "reasons" we should.

So a $150+ "high end collectible" is ok because it was your fault but a $20 toy with problems, we must stay clear? I dont understand but Im sure you have plenty of "reasons" we should.

Regardless of the price, if you break something by mishandling it it is a big difference than it being broken to begin with. Perhaps what is being said is that the toynamis tend to be broken to begin with. Does that sound right?

Regardless of the price, if you break something by mishandling it it is a big difference than it being broken to begin with. Perhaps what is being said is that the toynamis tend to be broken to begin with. Does that sound right?

I would say that is what was being said. :ph34r:

I would say that is what was being said. :ph34r:

You are a pipe holder now! Congratulations! I remember when we were both little bridge bunnies. I know that I still am. But what I love is when people get those specialized titles. If I ever got one of those I would want it to be something like "robot fetish anonymous fallen alumni" or "Bjork-bot"

EDIT: Björk-bot

Edited by miriya

I've got a pair of the Wave 2 Toynami 1/100s. Of the two breakages on my Milia, one is my fault and one is Toynami's. The fact that the mount for the gunpod is broken is a result of the fact that the whole kit and kaboodle fell a metre and a bit onto my floor, which can't been good for anything. (A shame really, as I had the Max and Milia displayed as if they were the "synchro-pair" in the Red Arrows display routine at one point). The other breakage - the fact that one of the head lasers wasn't assembled right (they'd just slapped a tiny dod of glue on it and slapped the laser on the side of the head) is definitely Toynami's fault. The laser just snapped right off the side of the head when I touched it with a finger. I wasn't best pleased about that, but fortunately Blu-tack came to my rescue and unless you look closely the repair job doesn't show. If I'd paid the price that the shop claimed they had originally wanted for them (£29.99) I would have been extremely annoyed. As it was at the £15.99 price tag I wasn't entirely chuffed.

I've not had any problems with the stands on the Max and Milia at all - and I've had them canted over at some marked angles so I reckon if it was going to give it would have done so already. The general fit of the parts on the mecha themselves however... that is a quite different story.

Karl

what custom titles? no such thing... :unsure: you have to make over 8k posts and maybe you might get mine... just maybe... :D

If I only had the power of the moderator! No matter how many posts I have I will never be as cool as >EXO<, nor the title. But if I whine enough or do something really stupid then any moderator would jump at the chance to give me an absurdest title to match the scenario. I know what you moderators are like, you draconian, mercenary, androids! Why am I so jealous of you?

Back on topic.... Regardless of the crappy quality, I am still planning to get at least one of these once the fast pack versions come out. Then I will post on MW about how crappy they are and how I should have never wasted my $30 (or whatever it is going to cost with the fast packs).

Why am I so jealous of you?

Our great abs. They make those Spartans look like 300 couch potatoes! THIS IS MW MODERATAAAAA!!!

Everyone knows what I think of Toynami stuff. I bought the first MPC and was so excited when it finally arrived only to be instantly disppointed. I never got any of the others except for the Ben Dixon which we won at a raffle. I gave my nephew the ticket and it was handed to him by Rick Hunter himself, Tony Oliver. But I know that toy wouldn't last in the hands of my nephew.

I bought the Alphas, after getting a decent blue one I got the rest and was disappointed more and more as I got each one.

I swore off any Toynami products but I got to see the Voltron which is actually good, so I bought it off someone here, loose - no box.

as for the 1/100 I was given one for my bday but I never took it out. I'm not impressed by it.

But I'm glad everyone is posting their first hand basis of their Toynami experience. Again and again some Toynami fan retard comes on and accuses us of being biased against HG and Toynami. Crap... if Toynami made anything better than the 1/48 or if HG made anything like Macross Frontier instead of that Chronicles BS... then yeah I'd be waving their flag too. Why would I be opposed to good quality products? We Todd did!

You are a pipe holder now! Congratulations! I remember when we were both little bridge bunnies. I know that I still am. But what I love is when people get those specialized titles. If I ever got one of those I would want it to be something like "robot fetish anonymous fallen alumni" or "Bjork-bot"

EDIT: Björk-bot

LMAO… :lol: I didn’t even notice that it had changed. THANKS for pointing it out to me. I graciously accept this title given to me by the GOD LIKE mods. ^_^ I will proudly hold Globals pipe or anything else he would give me to hold. :huh: I will forever miss being a Bridge Bunny with you mate :(

Back on the topic now….I will be sure to post later tonight my take on the Toynami fiasco.

:ph34r:

I will be the first to admit that any damage I have ever done to my Yamatos was because I was not delicate enough and pulled the wrong way...

The first 1/72 YF-19's tab B, the first 1/72 VF-11B's hips, and the VF-0A/S first release's arms were faults of the factories, not the consumers.

Does anyone have the same problem as me? Is it normal? Thanks

Its normal, both of mine have them, and it sucks. The only good thing is that the joints are still secure despite this happening.Despite that, it shouldn't happen to begin with. To be honest, I think its an inevitable breakage and should have been preventable from the get go.

Again and again some Toynami fan retard comes on and accuses us of being biased against HG and Toynami.

True, but again and again a Yamato fan dickrides Yamato hard and defends everything they make no matter how fragile, even despite hearing the legitimate honest complaints. It goes both ways, unfortunately. Remember the friendly supporter or helpers of yamato from macrossworld or whatever the hell that group was a few years back? You're not of the ones who blindly supports Yamato, EXO, but there are many who do, no matter what breaks.

Then I will post on MW about how crappy they are and how I should have never wasted my $30

To be honest, I feel like I get more bang for the buck with those than I do with Revoltechs(which I like, but comparing what you get in either case, you do get a lot more in the 1/100 valks).

yeah these aren't the best toys out but they are the best toys for those on a budget.

Agreed.

Perhaps what is being said is that the toynamis tend to be broken to begin with. Does that sound right?

Mine broke over time, I enjoyed posing it in battroid mode, then one day discovered the breakage, it was not broken out of the box in my case. It may be different than others.

Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0, good call on all that mate.

IMO I like the 1/100's. I am sure that there are some out there that are pieces of $hit...but it is the same way with Yamatos. There are peeps on here that are hard core Yamato freaks and even they are sometimes like. "Ummmm yeah...that valk was put together by an infant". EVERYONE has their issues. Luckily I have not had to deal with any issues. I feel bad for whomever does have to deal with that crap. But....when someone comes on here and says that they need some help with knowing weather something is good or bad.....just put a sock in it when it comes to these minascule battles of Yamato VS Toynami. Does it really matter?

:ph34r:

I will take a $15 bet on a Toynami 1/100 any day of the week over a $160 bet on a VF-0S first edition, VF-0A, or VF-0A Shin. At this point though, even if Toynami did create some super cool super durable toy, I think they've burned so many bridges on these forums that they still wouldn't be accepted. Biased against Toynami? Hell yes MW is. That's because too many of us have been left with rubble after spending good money. That doesn't mean the forum doesn't have a few sour grapes for the other toy manufacturers either though.

I will take a $15 bet on a Toynami 1/100 any day of the week over a $160 bet on a VF-0S first edition, VF-0A, or VF-0A Shin. At this point though, even if Toynami did create some super cool super durable toy, I think they've burned so many bridges on these forums that they still wouldn't be accepted. Biased against Toynami? Hell yes MW is. That's because too many of us have been left with rubble after spending good money. That doesn't mean the forum doesn't have a few sour grapes for the other toy manufacturers either though.

Well put mate :ph34r:

I have a 1/100 Roy and i'm kinda neutral about it. I got what i paid for i guess (but i was really pissed when the display stand adapter broke) I just got it so i could have a battroid since all my bigger valks are in fighter mode, but it shall soon be replaced by a revoltech roy.

But nowadays if i wanted a cheap toy, i would probably spend $30 on a old 1/60 yammy (you can find them for that price)

I checked my 1st release Roy for the cracks and, lo and behold, there they were. I never would have thought to look at those joints since nothing seemed loose or was falling apart. It still sucks that they're cracked, even if it dosn't hinder the toy. I was going to replace it with the Roy/Fastpack set anyway, so no biggie I guess.