Macross: Do You Remember Love? (saturn & playstation) INTRO

jasgripen

Hi everyone!

I'm just curious to know if there is anyone out there that can translate the japanese texts displayed during the intro of DYRL for the saturn and playstation before the fighters are launched from the carrier and after the macross folded to space?

I hope that you guys out there can also translate what the was being said by the characters during take off and before folding w/ the sdf1

Somebody pls help!!!!

Wish that somebody can give me a direct translation...

It's a shame that the macross creators have not taken into consideration of re-releasing a real perfect edition of DYRL that gives us viewers, new and old fans, of a proper prologue and epilogue.

It's a shame that the macross creators have not taken into consideration of re-releasing a real perfect edition of DYRL that gives us viewers, new and old fans, of a proper prologue and epilogue.

They probably have. The expense of new animation to bridge the launch and hyperspace segments likely outweighs the potential sales.

That's what everyone ignores when they start talking about adding the Saturn/PS intro to the movie. There's not a complete intro there. Or even a half-complete intro.

They probably have. The expense of new animation to bridge the launch and hyperspace segments likely outweighs the potential sales.

That's what everyone ignores when they start talking about adding the Saturn/PS intro to the movie. There's not a complete intro there. Or even a half-complete intro.

Not to mention the fact that it's completely unnecessary.

I still think that they should add a proper intro as to how and why there are citizens and a thriving city inside the ship plus a brief history prior to the attack. I mean. 15-20 minutes of additional footage can definitely spice up the film even more. And an epilogue that could give closure to the other characters and not just on the 3 main casts.

Maybe even a remake of the original tv series...that's got to be a hit in terms of fanbase and merchandising.

This is a classic film and movies like Star Wars were given add-ons. Even an anime like Zeta Gundam, injected new scenes. I think it is a good approach for new fans and an opportunity to reboot the franchise by paying tribute to the original. Besides. it's the 25th anniversary of the show.

Wish that we could post ideas and concepts to Kawamori. Is there even a way to do that?

I still think that they should add a proper intro as to how and why there are citizens and a thriving city inside the ship plus a brief history prior to the attack. I mean. 15-20 minutes of additional footage can definitely spice up the film even more. And an epilogue that could give closure to the other characters and not just on the 3 main casts.

It's called the TV series.

Maybe even a remake of the original tv series...that's got to be a hit in terms of fanbase and merchandising.

This is a classic film and movies like Star Wars were given add-ons.

And HOW WELL were these changes accepted?

I find the obsession with revising, re-editing, and remaking older material to be disturbing.

It's called the TV series.

And HOW WELL were these changes accepted?

I find the obsession with revising, re-editing, and remaking older material to be disturbing.

In the case of Macross, until Frank Agrama and family suddenly die in fiery car crash, it may be the only way for BigWest to reclaim it's international ownership of all Macross productions...

In the case of Macross, until Frank Agrama and family suddenly die in fiery car crash, it may be the only way for BigWest to reclaim it's international ownership of all Macross productions...

I have a question regarding this license thing : When the HG license for Roboc*** end ?

I have a question regarding this license thing : When the HG license for Roboc*** end ?

At this point, when HG folds and sells off its assets.

And why all this talk of remakes? Have you people gone Hollywood? Run out of ideas?

OK, the Japanese videogame for PSone Macross: Aioboeteimasuka (before for Sega Saturn) has really nice videos and the begining of the game.

In this videos we can see the Valkyries taking off from the Prometeus Aircraft just after is destroyed, in the Movie Misa and Hikaru find the Prometeus destroyed.

The next video we can see the Macross making the fold just before the Zentran attack reach the island (I undersatnd before the Earth is destroyed)

Then the game continue where the movie start, ok, my question is, Can we consider this videoclips the events before the Movie starts?

I mean, could this videos from the videogame be a part of the movie?

The mecha and chara desings are exactly the same because I understand this videos are a complement of the movie for the videogame... Is it right? or not

Or there is something wrong and the videos on the videogame are in conflict witht the movie :ph34r:

Somebody please could explain me Thanks

Well, in DYRL, Hikaru asks Misa what the wreckage is, and she tells him it's the prometheus (as par Hurin's translation) so that would be the only continuity error I see. If Hikaru had been stationed on it, I would assume he would have recognized his own carrier especially since it appears to have been cut in half like we see in the game intro.

Well, and the game intro seems to take place in open water and I don't see how half a carrier could make it to shore...

The animation certainly is at par with the original movie. Kawamori should include them if he wants to release another DYRL to celebrate the 25th anniversary. Why not just have a REAL Perfect Editon w/ the appropriate prologue and epilogue.

Because there's STILL not a complete intro. There's no animation to transition from the attack on the Prometheus to the hyperspace fold and creating said animation would be a poor economic decision(it's not really going to generate a lot more sales than a regular release will).

It would also alter the pacing of the movie significantly, and not for the better.

Just because you CAN change something doesn't mean you should.