Your Collecting Habits

GobotFool

I'l try to keep it short. XD

When I was young....i only got toys during birthdays and even then it was limited by a budget. I couldn't get the big stuff like Optimus Prime and what not. Its due to upbringing, not that my dad couldn't afford it. So most of my sad childhood I spent at the toys department looking at toys and burning images into my head so I can go home and pretend I owned them.

Thanks to that sad episode of my life.... (thanks alot dad) i'm now a toy addict and collect toys cause I can afford them. :( My room has too many toys that the boxes now are strewn all over the floor....some not yet opened due to lack of display space. So I was cleaning up the room , not even 1/4 done and I realised what a load of crap I bought over the years. Some random forgotten gashapon....lotsa PVC girl figures, and lotsa Binaltech transformers were part of the forgotten pile of toys.

Now I keep telling myself to concentrate only on valks with varying degrees of success. Hehe.

QC and beauty comes first in buying toys but sometimes those toys don`t turn out as I hoped for.

Few month ago I`ve dreamed that I bought a few unknown VFs blue-white, red-white color and size were almost like 1/55 but very possilble ... It could be the VF-25.

Ummmmmm PICS PRETTY PLEASE :ph34r:

revoltech, im thinking of getting the patlabor and macross ones, l already have the evas when they first came out. space is the big problem for my collection which is one of the reasons i've cut back on my collectiing.

Space is a big issue for me as well. For example, while expensive, I'm glad the new ride armor figures that are being released are on the small side. Detail and quality is more important than size. Though I still like large figures, I will no longer get a figure just because its large, and avoid a figure just because its small.

Edited by GobotFool

Space is a big issue for me as well. For example, while expensive, I'm glad the new ride armor figures that are being released are on the small side. Detail and quality is not as important as size. Though I still like large figures, I will no longer get a figure just because its large, and avoid a figure just because its small.

Good choice there mate. I REALLY like the size of the 1/48 as well. But much rather prefer the size of a 1/55 or a 1/60. :ph34r:

I typically buy mecha toys after I see whatever source material they are from and enjoy it... I've got tons of Transformers (my current binge again lol), VOTOMS, Macross, Mospeada (little bit), and anything IronMan (I intend to own every IM action figure ever.) I bought the SPEC Dragonar when it came out tho, purely on the design. I knew it'd be a very well made product, and it's just a slick and unique design that I really liked... I used to be huge into LotR figs when the movies were out, but I was done with that as the movies finished, and really haven't bothered with too many character toys since (IM not-withstanding)...

who had that funny ass sig back in the day, it was something along the lines of, "collecting is not about what you got, its about what yo don't got".

if its well built and has some play factor(lots of accessories to mess around with and such), i'm down to buy it. though sometimes when people post pics showing off something really cool, i might get sucked into buying it.

OK so it was probably all the talk about dreams here yesterday but last night I had a dream that Bandai made the new VF-25 and it was indeed chunky monkey style but it was a little more refined than the old VF-1 and a lot better than those mac7 ones. Just thought I would share.

It was a dream :ph34r: , I bet they turn out to be Sol-Spec and who knows.

Ooopps....apparnetly I missed that dream part.....how I am not sure....my bad..... :ph34r:

OK so it was probably all the talk about dreams here yesterday but last night I had a dream that Bandai made the new VF-25 and it was indeed chunky monkey style but it was a little more refined than the old VF-1 and a lot better than those mac7 ones. Just thought I would share.

I bet that dream was AWESOME!!! I LOVE THE CHUNKY!!!!!! ^_^

This post on it's own is probably the most hilarious thing I've read on MW :):lol:

I love stumbling into a conversation like that :)

Wow...I feel pretty special....not too many people find me to be really funny....in my dreams....EVERYONE thinks I am hilarious. THANKS Mr March ^_^

I remember also it didn`t transform like the VF-1 and on the box it had a pic of a pilot who looks like Max ?!

Wierd.....I most of the time can't remember my dreams that well......must be the booze and recreational drug use :lol: Just kidding.....or am I :ph34r: