Bandai VF-1S Strike High Metal Questions

sqidd

I want to buy one of these but I want to make sure I get a first edition. Anyone have a guess on a price? How can I make sure I get a first edition and not a re-issue or copy? I plan on displaying it in the box because the box art is so cool. I haven’t purchased any Macross stuff for it’s collectability yet aside from a Low Vis 1 and I thought that this one would be a great addition to the fleet.

Thanks

VF-1S_Bandai.jpg

I want to buy one of these but I want to make sure I get a first edition. Anyone have a guess on a price? How can I make sure I get a first edition and not a re-issue or copy? I plan on displaying it in the box because the box art is so cool. I haven’t purchased any Macross stuff for it’s collectability yet aside from a Low Vis 1 and I thought that this one would be a great addition to the fleet.

Thanks

VF-1S_Bandai.jpg

You've got everything mixed up. You should go to the MW splash page and look under the toys section, before posting. It will give you information about vintage toys. Then you'll be able to post a coherent question.

The topic, the body, and the pic...none are related.

Just trying to help.

You've got everything mixed up. You should go to the MW splash page and look under the toys section, before posting. It will give you information about vintage toys. Then you'll be able to post a coherent question.

The topic, the body, and the pic...none are related.

Just trying to help.

Sorry.

The only information that was not on the toy page was if there have been any re-releases and if so how to tell what is what.

Are you looking for the strike set or the reissue Super from the 90's. The pic you have posted is of the 90's reissue which is a super and not a strike. The strike set was made in the mid to late 80's? and looks entirely different from the pic you have posted.

Sorry.

The only information that was not on the toy page was if there have been any re-releases and if so how to tell what is what.

Are you looking for the strike set or the reissue Super from the 90's. The pic you have posted is of the 90's reissue which is a super and not a strike. The strike set was made in the mid to late 80's? and looks entirely different from the pic you have posted.

I'm interested in the one in the pictures. According to the toy section it was released in 1990. Was it ever re-released at a later date?

Not to my knowledge. I know you can check out jenius webpage for more info. I dont think it was that popular so you should find it for less than 200 shipped on ebay or elsewhere. Ive seen it hit 150 shipped before.

I'm interested in the one in the pictures. According to the toy section it was released in 1990. Was it ever re-released at a later date?

ok, the pix you posted up is the 1990 reissue Super Valk that bandai released which goes from 100 to 200 depending on who wants it badly enough to pay that much for it. Then there's the takatoku super valk that was released in the 80's, this one:

super_vf-1s.jpg

Then in 2002, bandai went ahead and reissued the takatoku version of the super valk, this one:

box-1.JPG

so those are the other two you have to worry about. There is a bootleg of the 1990 reissue but you can easily tell by the valk inside. The valk they used for the bootleg is actually the strike valk, the vf-1s with red highlights. and blue super armor. I can't find a pix of it, but it's been posted a few times here on the boards. But anyway, you won't be able to find that bootleg easily anyway, it's old and pretty hard to find. Anyway, good luck in your search

I want to buy one of these but I want to make sure I get a first edition. Anyone have a guess on a price? How can I make sure I get a first edition and not a re-issue or copy? I plan on displaying it in the box because the box art is so cool.

VF-1S_Bandai.jpg

That's the only official version of that toy made. There is a Taiwanese bootleg of that toy, the box is identical except that it's missing the Bandai logo in the lower-right corner. It's also missing the Big West sticker, but that should be obvious. As for price, IMO the price is in the mind of the buyer, not the seller. Personally, I wouldn't pay more than $50 for this one.

Sqidd, have you checked my site lately? I just did a review on it that had some comparisons to the original version of the toy and has some info I think you might find helpful. Average price of that toy tends to be in the $150 mark. The Taiwanese bootleg that has similar packaging includes a knock-off Takatoku toy, not this odd Bandai bird.

EDIT - A mod might want to change the title of the thread to Bandai VF-S SUPER high Metal... there's no strike gun involved in any of the toys being discussed here.

Edited by jenius

Sqidd, have you checked my site lately? I just did a review on it that had some comparisons to the original version of the toy and has some info I think you might find helpful. Average price of that toy tends to be in the $150 mark. The Taiwanese bootleg that has similar packaging includes a knock-off Takatoku toy, not this odd Bandai bird.

EDIT - A mod might want to change the title of the thread to Bandai VF-S SUPER high Metal... there's no strike gun involved in any of the toys being discussed here.

Just checked the site, kinda funny that you just posted that stuff. Great news for me is that it shouldn't be to expensive for me to get one of these. I realy dig the box art on this one.