Can you help me find 1/100 pilot figures?

cowie165

I've googled a bit and crawled through HLJ but nothing seen so far. Does anyone know where I could find 1/100 pilot figures without having to buy a whole kit?

I was hoping for something like the Hasegawa/Italeri aircrew sets but found nothing in 1/100.

Any pointers would be great please! But no, I'm not patient enough to order particular sprues from Bandai or anything like that.

Thanks guys

Mark

The pilots that came with the old 1/72 Hasegawa Shinmeiwa seaplane were so small that they fit nicely in a 1/100 plane. But I don't know if they were common in other old Hase kits.

-i-

edit: I just noted that this set has two seated pilots (kinda)

Edited by electric indigo

You might be able to find an old Arii 1/100 VF-1.

:D I'm actually building an old Arii 1/100 VF-1A and VF-1D.

No pilots in those kits. The Bandai variable 1/100 came with a pilot, but I didn't plan that far ahead and the pilot is sitting in the cockpit of my avatar.

Thanks though. I have a PM from Valkyrie and he mentioned the pilots in the 1/100 Supersylph. :) Happy days.

If you get desperate, check out Preiser's line of figures - here's a sample http://www.ontracks.co.uk/index.php?page=c...&toplevel=1 Scroll down and note the the guys in orange jumpsuits. They are perfect maintenance crews for the Valks. Get them in orange if possible (see my avatar). There has to be a Preiser dealer in your area. - MT

There really is no good match for train stuff with 1/100. HO Gauge is 1:87 and N gauge is 1:160. Building in 1:200 makes life rough for me sometimes trying to find stuff. Preiser's figures though are spot on. Get a dude sitting down and just make him holding a helmet :rolleyes: . Other than that your back to busting open a kit or casting a copy. - MT

Get a dude sitting down and just make him holding a helmet :rolleyes: .

Here's a 1/100 child I modified to become a 1/144 Soviet test pilot for my MiG-1.44. The child figure was a little girl standing with a teddy bear. I cut at the hips and legs, filed the head round, and CA glued a piece of fuse wire to become an oxy hose. The visor is drawn with a Gundam marker. And if you're wondering where the MiG-1.44 went, just don't paint lacquer over half-dried enamel... :(

As far as the pilot goes you'll just have to take my word for it that in 'the flesh' it looks like an oxy mask and not an elephant trunk! :D

post-3555-1196037736_thumb.jpg

Here's progress on one of the 1/100 kits. I added some antennas to the jet and a RWR or something like that to the tail. Only later did I see pics with a different dorsal antenna setup with two side-by-side...! I'm still happy because my goal was to try scratchbuilding a little extra detail, and not count rivets. :p

post-3555-1196037918_thumb.jpg

Edited by cowie165

Cowie you are in luck. There is a 1/100 pilot and super/strike parts from the variable kit coming your way along with the majority of a 1/72 atmosheric booster.

Cheers,

berttt

Thanks mate. As I only have eight days to go at work, I'll email over my home address. Cheers Berttt!