When will we see Yamato Minmay figure?

miriya

I find it strange that we have not seen any images of the Yamato Minmay figure. The other 25ths, the VF-1S and the YF-19 we have seen for some time now and has been on pre-order but this one we have not seen anything. I guess we can assume that it will not be released at the same time as the other two. Any information?

• 1 month later...

We have heard about so many goings on at Yamato, The 25th Valks, The YF-21, the GNU line, and now the blow up news about the revised 1/60th line of VF-1 but what ever happened to Minmei? We have not seen a pre production sample or a prototype or heard any news. Did this get swept into the dust bin? Are they going to still do it and if so when? It seems like Yamato has us on a drip with news now. About one major Fix every 10 days or so. That way we can jones for over a week, plan our shopping strategies and just when we get so frustrated with anxiety and anticipation bomb us with another syringe full of meat.

I guess I am curious because even though Minmei really annoys me, I find her character to be one of the most important parts of the macross story. Of course you all know this and no need to go on but her singing saves the human race and I really resonate with the idea of music saving lives. It is such a romantic notion. Especially that one woman's songs can defeat a gargantuan army of war mongering space aliens.

So where is our Heroine and what will she look like. I almost want her to look nasty and ugly so I do not have to spend the money but if she is hot and dressed well (I hate that dress with the green dots!), then I may consider it. Not much choice really. I bet Graham already has one on his desk. He is after all in minmei's panties! :lol:

We have heard about so many goings on at Yamato, The 25th Valks, The YF-21, the GNU line, and now the blow up news about the revised 1/60th line of VF-1 but what ever happened to Minmei? We have not seen a pre production sample or a prototype or heard any news. Did this get swept into the dust bin? Are they going to still do it and if so when? It seems like Yamato has us on a drip with news now. About one major Fix every 10 days or so. That way we can jones for over a week, plan our shopping strategies and just when we get so frustrated with anxiety and anticipation bomb us with another syringe full of meat.

I guess I am curious because even though Minmei really annoys me, I find her character to be one of the most important parts of the macross story. Of course you all know this and no need to go on but her singing saves the human race and I really resonate with the idea of music saving lives. It is such a romantic notion. Especially that one woman's songs can defeat a gargantuan army of war mongering space aliens.

So where is our Heroine and what will she look like. I almost want her to look nasty and ugly so I do not have to spend the money but if she is hot and dressed well (I hate that dress with the green dots!), then I may consider it. Not much choice really. I bet Graham already has one on his desk. He is after all in minmei's panties! :lol:

Unfortunately for us Yamato knows how to make a mean female figure. Which means that Minmay will be a certain buy provided that they go with an interesting pose and costume. I bet she will be in her DYRL badolza battle dress. Its her most iconic outfit.

Unfortunately for us Yamato knows how to make a mean female figure. Which means that Minmay will be a certain buy provided that they go with an interesting pose and costume. I bet she will be in her DYRL badolza battle dress. Its her most iconic outfit.

That one is pretty sexy IIRC. However my favorite, which they will not do is the flightsuit and second favorite is the red chinese dress which they probably wont do either.

I dunno. For me the Yamato female figures have been hit or miss. Some are fantastic, some are really meh for me. And their female figures cost a pretty penny. I keep bringing up megahouse, but so far their figures have been top notch, and more affordable than the Yamato ones, with better quality to them (in my opinion).

I'm anxious to find out if this Minmay figure is still in the works, or if it went the way of the 1/60 Destroid Monster. :p

I shall say it one million times and only one million times.

They can pass Minmey by - I want a Misa Hayes :)

VFTF1

(because I love Misa with all my heart)

Yep, I know what you mean. I fell in love with Misa and not with minmei even if she did save the human race. I also fell in love with milia.

Milia's way too unlady like for my taste... in fact - she's like the opposite extreme to Minmey...

Minmey is the bratty clueless chick and Milia is the Terminator on steroids...

Misa is the most human and true to form - she has responsibilities but she's also a woman and a normal person - her interaction with her father, her sorrow over Riber, her feelings for Rick (OH MY GOD! WHAT DID I JUST WRITE!) HIKARU! HIKARU! and her embarrasment - all of them make her endearing while the other two are fun, but not endearing.

vftf1

Edited by VFTF1

• 1 year later...
Milia's way too unlady like for my taste... in fact - she's like the opposite extreme to Minmey...

Minmey is the bratty clueless chick and Milia is the Terminator on steroids...

Misa is the most human and true to form - she has responsibilities but she's also a woman and a normal person - her interaction with her father, her sorrow over Riber, her feelings for Rick (OH MY GOD! WHAT DID I JUST WRITE!) HIKARU! HIKARU! and her embarrasment - all of them make her endearing while the other two are fun, but not endearing.

vftf1

I got mine. http://www.flickr.com/photos/11733941@N05/3184050660/