1/48 Yamatos MISB or MIB?

Valk-1S

Hi all,

Just got my first 1/48 yesterday and the fast pack as well. Just wondering whether they normally come in a sealed box? Like for the 1/60, they were sealed by with sticky tape. As for my 1/48 (the low vis) nothing sealed the box at all. So basically someone could just open it, play with the Valk and put in back in the box and say its never been remove from the box. This goes the same for the Fast Pack.

For those who got the 1/48 low vis or other valks, and the fast pack, please let me know. Just curious as I plan to get more 1/48 in the future.

Thanks.

As far as the 1/60's went, yes they were sealed with tape. As far as anything 1/48 related goes, none of them are sealed with tape coming straight out of the factory case (Low Vis, Roy, Hikaru, Fast Packs). If one would have received any 1/48 sealed with tape, it was likely done by the seller.

Yeah, usually the 1/60 and 1/72 boxes come sealed with tape.

The 1/72 Macross Plus toys usually have one peice of tape on each end.

For the 1/60 VF-1 series, I've seen boxes from the factory sealed with both 1 and 2 peices of tape at each end. I guess it depends who is on tape sticking duty on any given day B)

Graham

As far as the 1/60's went, yes they were sealed with tape. As far as anything 1/48 related goes, none of them are sealed with tape coming straight out of the factory case (Low Vis, Roy, Hikaru, Fast Packs). If one would have received any 1/48 sealed with tape, it was likely done by the seller.

yeah, all my 1/48s does not come sealed

My low-vis is not sealed, and I have seen VF-1A Hikaru and Max (still on the shelf, looking for buyers) not sealed as well. So my safe conclusion is that it is not sealed. However, the manuals and the stickers are cello-taped to the back of the box, so if someone removed them, you would know.

All my 1/72 comes with one tape. As for the 1/60, mine is sealed with one, sometimes 2 tapes...

However, sometimes we must always remember that there are people who tapes them, and sometimes they do make mistakes. My MISB VF-19A have a slightly torned box, where it was sealed... :(

Neither my 1/48 Roy, Hikaru, or Fast Pack set came with tape sealing the boxes.

Hi all,

Just got my first 1/48 yesterday and the fast pack as well. Just wondering whether they normally come in a sealed box? Like for the 1/60, they were sealed by with sticky tape. As for my 1/48 (the low vis) nothing sealed the box at all. So basically someone could just open it, play with the Valk and put in back in the box and say its never been remove from the box. This goes the same for the Fast Pack.

For those who got the 1/48 low vis or other valks, and the fast pack, please let me know. Just curious as I plan to get more 1/48 in the future.

Thanks.

Yeah, I noticed that as well on the 1/48. That means you need to be careful when buying on ebay. I know the 1/60 s were sealed. Since I got 7 1/48s, none of them were sealed.

The 1/48 I got was shrink wrapped. I got it from Alex of Little Anime Shop. He shrink wraps all of the macross stuff. So I guess that's a good thing. :p:D:lol: