Finally got my Macross Display Cabinet lit up!

ruskiiVFaussie

Works like a charm.

10.jpg

5-4.jpg

4-3.jpg

3-4.jpg

I love these, cheap, easily applied, and totally brings my cabinet to life.

9-2.jpg

1-5.jpg

11.jpg

Uses 3 Batterys each, has an (unknown) sticky substance that sticks to anything and holds upside down which is cool.

6-2.jpg

7-2.jpg

Love the 'ray of light' effect with the Revy eva diorama, looks like the light is piercing through the clouds. Kill those angels!

And all you have to do is just push on the plastic face and it clicks and cool! I'm in love.

Later i will do up a pic for yas of the light device itself.

I may have more pics coming, but this will do for now, only wanted to show my new light scheme display.

It f'n owns! post-3608-1190474796.gif

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

lol no, no Fat Bastards here in aussie. haha.

Be a b^tch if i was living in Japan wouldn't it. :lol:

Referring to my new Muay Tai round kicking YF-19 pose are you? hahahha Cheers.

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?show...mp;#entry521871

(Strike a Pose thread)

Thanks misterryno for the thumbs up. :D

I do want to buy a few more, but i don't need the whole cabinent lit up, just on cool points and poses.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

:lol: Yeah, seeing that YF-19 pose, I was thinkging "Oh man, if there's an earthquake, it might fall!"

Also living in california, I'm always worrying about earthquakes and my cat knocking stuff over.

I love your display with Asuka's Eva-02 doing some major ownage. :D

:lol: Yeah, seeing that YF-19 pose, I was thinkging "Oh man, if there's an earthquake, it might fall!"

Also living in california, I'm always worrying about earthquakes and my cat knocking stuff over.

I love your display with Asuka's Eva-02 doing some major ownage. :D

Yeah mate, love Asuka's Eva-02 battling the Eva-05s... pride and joy owning these Revy's!

lol, yeah the cat, mines behind glass so i am quietly confident nothing will happen. :lol:

And in australia earthquakes are as rare... as rare as... umm a Yamato spotless of an QC issue! There i think i'm safe. :lol:

hahahha

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

:lol: "as rare as a Yamato spotless of a QC issue", that's certainly quotable! ;)

By the way, what Asuka figure is that? In the pink dress, on the left of the top shelf.

addition: Thanks for the info and link! I generally don't buy sega figures because I don't like the sculpts, but that one looks nice.

Edited by Sumdumgai

:lol: "as rare as a Yamato spotless of a QC issue", that's certainly quotable! ;)

By the way, what Asuka figure is that? In the pink dress, on the left of the top shelf.

http://www.hlj.com/product/SEGH1670-B

The Hakufu figure is pretty much the same scale as well, best diorama yet.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

From your local Bunnings, or IGA (only places i have seen them so far...) uhh if you live in Aussie that is. :lol:

First two i got was a Breast Cancer Foundation special pinkish colour and you buy it significantly cheaper than

the mainstream colours (gold, grey - like i have, red, and others).

It was for a good cause! Cancer research and my Macross Cabinet! :p win + win = awesomeish win. :lol: hahaha

I'm not trying to "One Up" ya. But I just lit up my shelves and I found these light wands for $10 and they work great. They are "perfectly" bright and they run off of a standard plug. I ran 10 of these into a plug strip and I use the switch on the strip to turn them on/off. That being said the lights are supposed to last 10,000 hours (over a year) and are so small that they have almost no heat and don't use much power. I have left mine on since I got them.

The advantage to them is that you don't need to turn them all on when you want to have them on. You can just leave them on all the time.

The only disadvantage for me is that I had to run all of the wires. But that was not even that bad.

Here is a link to Lowes where I got mine:

Lowes Light Wand Link

They are made by a company called Portfolio and the model # is GL9410-WH if you want to search somewhere else.

This is what they look like in a dark room....kinda. The camera makes them seem brighter than they are by about 30%. In reality I would call them perfect!

normal_DSCN1551.JPG

normal_Backlit_two.JPG

Sqidd,

Well my friend...since I am in the US as well I will be trying out the light bars. Plus...I'm not too big of a fan of sticking things. But no worries there ruskiiVFaussie, I still think your display case looks awesome. Thanks for the info there Sqidd. :ph34r:

Is that the neon Macross sign I see from time to time on eBlag. I though about getting on and so far have not got around to it.

Great display by the way. I think the lights are available in the U.K too, my friend uses them in his camper van as night lights.

my friend uses them in his camper van as night lights.

Night lights eh??? ;) I know what I would be using them for in my camper van.....giggidy giggidy :D

Are these the LED's you're referring too by any chance?

That's them! :D Good find Dante74!

I'm not trying to "One Up" ya. But I just lit up my shelves and I found these light wands for $10 and they work great. They are "perfectly" bright and they run off of a standard plug. I ran 10 of these into a plug strip and I use the switch on the strip to turn them on/off. That being said the lights are supposed to last 10,000 hours (over a year) and are so small that they have almost no heat and don't use much power. I have left mine on since I got them.

The advantage to them is that you don't need to turn them all on when you want to have them on. You can just leave them on all the time.

The only disadvantage for me is that I had to run all of the wires. But that was not even that bad.

Here is a link to Lowes where I got mine:

Lowes Light Wand Link

They are made by a company called Portfolio and the model # is GL9410-WH if you want to search somewhere else.

This is what they look like in a dark room....kinda. The camera makes them seem brighter than they are by about 30%. In reality I would call them perfect!

normal_DSCN1551.JPG

normal_Backlit_two.JPG

Yeah i do like your light set up as well! Although it wouldn't suit my cabinet at all, for obvious reasons,

and it does have a real yellow effect, kinda like a sunset effect, which doesnt appeal to me as much as the LED white light,

But still cool! Just some displays need specific lighting needs. I only switch mine on when i'm at home, especially at night

and when i am moving the display around, comes in heaps handy. :D :D

Sqidd,

Well my friend...since I am in the US as well I will be trying out the light bars. Plus...I'm not too big of a fan of sticking things. But no worries there ruskiiVFaussie, I still think your display case looks awesome. Thanks for the info there Sqidd. :ph34r:

lol no problem?, as i said, different displays require specific lighting set-ups.

Is that the neon Macross sign I see from time to time on eBlag. I though about getting on and so far have not got around to it.

Great display by the way. I think the lights are available in the U.K too, my friend uses them in his camper van as night lights.

Thanks Big F. :D :D :D I think they are great. Only problem being they are battery operated, but i can find some cheap enough batterys when i need them anyways.

Today i am getting some more if i can find them! ^_^

Sweet display Sqidd!

Thanks!

I need to get off my a$$ and get another set of the same shelves and pack the current ones closer together so I can get all of my stuff up. I have 2 mechs in boxes waiting to be set up and three more in transit right now.

Poor little fellas need a home :(:)

Yeah i do like your light set up as well! Although it wouldn't suit my cabinet at all, for obvious reasons,

and it does have a real yellow effect, kinda like a sunset effect, which doesnt appeal to me as much as the LED white light,

I dig ya there. I would also like my lights to be whiter. In my case the light strips had more pro's for me though.

You display cabinet looks great the way you have it set up.

I'd be in alot of trouble if i had the amount of Valks you have Squiddy. :p like where would i put them all?

I'm flat out trying to work how i will fit in the SV-51 AND the YF-21 in my cabinet, the top shelf is complely 1/60 scale

and the middle shelf is sorely 1/48. And of course there are the little figures like 1/100's and 1/144s that i dot around the

expensive stuff, but they hardly take up much room opposed to the bigger bad ass stuff.

I am thinking i will have 1 YF-21 1/60 in fighter only (probably using a flexistand) in the lower shelf, and one in Battroid posed next to the YF-19 in Batt (this i am reallylookig forward too). :p

i do want to buy around 5 of the YF-21's so i will be buying a smaller glass display cabinet just for my fav valk. :p

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

lol, i got 2 Hikky 1S's (one of them will be a custom colour) :p yf-21 is my fav!

Unless they make it a complete POS (totally won't happen)

i want one for fighter (with or without FP's)

one for Battroid (FP's or not)

one for Guardian (FP's or not)

one for Broken Limiter mode (no legs, arms, no FP's etc) < -- can't wait for this one.

and one for me just fooling around with. (i.e. multiple transformations.)

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

what kind of custom are you planning for a Hikaru 1s?

Red with yellow and green highlights.

Also i have a Strike/FP set and a 2nd GBP-1S full set to be the same custom scheme.

It's a big job, and i haven't fnished drawing it up yet... hopefully soon i will have it ready fo the commission.

But i want to buy a few things first before i get the funds ready for the custom.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

• 4 weeks later...

haha yeah baby! That's exactly what i want to do when my SDF-1 arrives in January! :D I even got a Dot-It LED positioned right where the Macross will sit under too. :p And posed near my Revy 1J. But geez the stand is short! : / I'm going to have to use another stand, or an extension.

How high is the LED Dante? I was hoping one Dot-It would cover the SDF-1, but maybe your's is situated higher than what mine would be. I'll find a pic and show ya.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Where did you guys get the LEDs? Does it need any major wiring? And do you need to drill any holes on the kits? Linky would be great :)

Where did you guys order the SDF-1 from anyways? Any good places that can ship to Canada for an ok rate? I saw it was for about 17000 Yen or something, how much did you guys pay?

Thx :)

Edited by Fai

Where did you guys get the LEDs? Does it need any major wiring? And do you need to drill any holes on the kits? Linky would be great :)

Where did you guys order the SDF-1 from anyways? Any good places that can ship to Canada for an ok rate? I saw it was for about 17000 Yen or something, how much did you guys pay?

Thx :)

Dante posted a link on the first page. See below in quote. They are Dot-It LED press and go lights.

Basically they require batteries, and the switch is operated by pressing down/in the clear face protector and viola.

They are great for the fact you don't need intricate wirring system to get to those hard to reach spots, like i have for instance.

Are these the LED's you're referring too by any chance?
Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Dante posted a link on the first page. See below in quote. They are Dot-It LED press and go lights.

Basically they require batteries, and the switch is operated by pressing down/in the clear face protector and viola.

They are great for the fact you don't need intricate wirring system to get to those hard to reach spots, like i have for instance.

Sorry didn't look there, hehe, thanks!

UK only....? I guess will have to check ebay? Maybe some local electronic store might have these...

Anyhow is the 3M adhesive strong enough, I don't want it to fall on my models ;)

And where did you guys order the SDF-1 from anyways?

Edited by Fai