The Seventh Season of 24

The seventh season of 24 starts in three more months... or will it???

Keifer Sutherland sentenced to 30 days in jail AND may face an additional 6 months.

So when Keifer ends up "in the big house", how long will he last? How many of his fellow inmates will be gunning for him just so they can say they beat up/raped/killed Jack Bauer? :p I wonder if the time Keifer was in prison during part of season three if that will count towards his jail time? ;)

Seriously, I hope he only has to do 30 days, but at the same time too he did break his 2004 probation so may deserve to be in their longer. Looks like Jack Bauer may be responsible for his own undoing!

Yeah, I agree

DAMN IT!!!

I just reread the original story I posted and it looks like it was updated. His grand total of days he has to serve in jail is 48 days. The first 18 he's going to do when the show does its winter break on December 21st. The remaining days he has to serve by next July.

Edited by Apollo Leader

• 3 weeks later...
HOLY MILY. If Tony and the Chicago Cubs mug returns I will forgive them for the travesty that was S6.

Only if they bring back Itzn, and of course, no more Palmer boys... that line is pretty well spent. We need evil Republican Logan. ha ha... he outshone just about everyone with that Season 5.

May be we'll get son of Logan

Only if they bring back Itzn, and of course, no more Palmer boys... that line is pretty well spent. We need evil Republican Logan. ha ha... he outshone just about everyone with that Season 5.

May be we'll get son of Logan

Other then the one episode from season one that identitfied David Palmer as a candidate for the Democrats (probably one of the shows more left of center writers decided to throw that in), the show has been very ambiguous on the political parties of the political characters in the show. In fact, Logan's running mate (the guy who was president until Air Force One was shot down) had a campaign sign that looked suspiciously like John Kerry's 2004 presidential campaign signs.

Other then the one episode from season one that identitfied David Palmer as a candidate for the Democrats (probably one of the shows more left of center writers decided to throw that in), the show has been very ambiguous on the political parties of the political characters in the show. In fact, Logan's running mate (the guy who was president until Air Force One was shot down) had a campaign sign that looked suspiciously like John Kerry's 2004 presidential campaign signs.

True enough, but the implication is there. Remember, it can't be Dems vs dems because season 3 had Palmer squaring off against his opponent, so unless the Republicans went away and there are two Democrat parties, Logan is a Republican. What's unknown is whether Palmer Jr is a Republican or a Democrat, you'd think he is the same party as David, but you can't be sure. And besides, we can't have evil Democrats, that just doesn't sound right.... somehow. :lol:

Finally saw the season 7 trailer. If Tony stays the main bad guy throughout, with may be one or two plot twists, this could be a good one. Although I have to say, I'm already not too thrilled with the "let's hijack the computers running the country" plot.

Yeah, that was done with Die Hard 4 (Live Free or Die Hard) already, though I think 24 could probably do it better.

But when it comes to Tony's return from the dead or Jack faking his death, didn't anybody wonder where their bodies were when they held the funerals? :huh:

Yeah, that was done with Die Hard 4 (Live Free or Die Hard) already, though I think 24 could probably do it better.

But when it comes to Tony's return from the dead or Jack faking his death, didn't anybody wonder where their bodies were when they held the funerals? :huh:

as far as Jack is concerned, he missed Tony's funeral... was on slow boat to China. :lol:

Oh noes! :o

First there was Keifer's run-in with the law, now...

Season Seven of 24 postponed indefinitely due to writer's strike.

Looks like Jack's weakness is unionized Hollywood writers! :p Hopefully this situation comes to an end quickly...

Oh no... can you imagine if they had 23 episodes in the can, but can't go on because of the last ep was missing? I know that isn't the case probably, but wouldn't that be funny.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

The last few episodes of Season 7 have reached a production snag.

At least the good news is that season 7 is mostly complete and will finally hit the small screen (not to mention the two hour deal next month), but one has to wonder if this season will run into the same problems that season 6 did.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I just finished watching(like an hour ago) the 2 hour special on AFN Spectrum over here while at work and I was blown away and I can't wait to see this season! Hopefully it doesn't have Jack doing the same predictable actions like in previous seasons. I'm amazed Tony was alive! Unless it's his unknown twin, but from the looks of the trailer I'd say not, especially Jack's line of making sure he stays dead. For a second I thought the entire show was going to take place in Africa, but I guess not. At least they moved it out of green LA. :rolleyes:

For those interested, 24: Redemption will be out on DVD on Tuesday. I wonder when 24 will go the Blu-Ray route since 24 is broadcasted in high def?

As for the show last night, it was great seeing Jack in a totally different environment and setting like this. You can only do so many stories and plots involving LA and CTU LA so many times. :p Season 7 is looking promising at this point.

So should seven seasons of 24 be packaged as "A Week"?

Taksraven

For a while, the FX channel ran the latest episode of 24 a day or two after Fox. I had a joke for a long time that if 24 ever made it to season 7, FX was going to host an all week special called "24/7". All 168 episodes of 24 would be run back-to-back starting Sunday or Monday morning and running until the next week. I bet there would be some die hard fans that would attempt to watch the whole event with out sleeping or napping. :)

For those who got Redemption last week, the first 17 minutes of the first episode of season seven is on the set. There is some small extra details on why Tony appears to be alive, but hopefully as the season unfolds more will be revealed about how Tony escaped death and why he's taken the plunge into villainy.

Edited by Apollo Leader

• 3 weeks later...
So anyone seen the trailer yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfDVKLXX8d0

Jack: "So help me God, I will kill you and you will STAY dead this time." ==> :ph34r:

Yeah, that trailers been out for a few months now. Anyway, it's just a few more weeks until the Jack Bauer Power Hour is back on the air!

• 4 weeks later...

No comments on the two-hour premiere?

Not too shabby. I always get a kick out of Jack's "interrogation" methods. Though, that Hollywood-style roll off the boat seemed a bit cliche.

I'm a little worried about 24's re-treaded plots rearing their ugly heads again (moles and crazy First Spouses who may know the TRUTH!!), but we'll see how the season pans out.

Lastly, I know I'm too much of a sci-fi geek when I start noticing the guest stars based on their work on other shows, such as:

1) The Engineer Guy being played by Dr. Phlox from Enterprise;

2) The a-hole Senator being played by Red "Dumbass" Foreman (or if you prefer, the bad-guy from Robocop I); and

3) The mid-level/middle-management-type terrorist dude played by freakin' Methos!

Edited by Mog

I thought the senator looked familiar... seems like 24 is becoming a Robocop reunion show! :D At least the guy who played Methos on Highlander has some work. :)

As I've said before, since the show is no longer pigeon-holed to Los Angeles, I think that's going to help the show immensely.

You guys forgot to mention Janeane Garofalo from Mystery Men. Looks like the writers are trying to pass her off as Chloe, but for the FBI.... Lame!!! Nobody can replace Chloe! But then again we see Chloe in the previews!!! ^_^

And on a side note, I felt like I missed something from the 2 hour 24 redemption episode. The new president's son is dead? We went from seeing him attend the presidential inauguration to last night's 2 hour season premiere where he's already dead. I guess that story they will develop later in the season, but still. They normally show what happens. This is something new to me I guess. :huh: