Stop attacking and listen to my song!! Ahh!

VFTF1

Didn't notice any Macross 7 topics so figured I'd go ahead and open one up.

I'm torrenting the entire series - although my first impression remains highly highly negative.

I guess what is MOST irritating is the battle "scenes" - they seem to last forever and all you have is Valks blowing up all over the place, that one dude's Valk never blowing up although it's standing still and firing at the proto-develin, the Sound Force never having enough "feeling" in their music and Bassra coming to save the day in his ugly valk....

That and I really don't like the music that Sound Force plays.

Mynmeii's songs were really moving - this stuff is just youth angst and is so full of Bassra's ego...

The concept is fun and interesting - but the execution is terrible. Fire Bomber is just rubbish music IMO....

And the entire thing get's kind of boring after a while...

If I watch the entire series from start to finish will I change my mind?

VFTF1

Didn't notice any Macross 7 topics so figured I'd go ahead and open one up.

Oh believe me, there's no shortage of M7 topics floating around this forum.

Found this on page 2, you might wanna' continue your thoughts there as this thread you've started'll get locked up quick:

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=2907

Edited by myk

If I watch the entire series from start to finish will I change my mind?

VFTF1

If you watch the series the way it was meant to be seen, that is one episode per week; at most one per day, then it will grow on you. The story, as in plot, does improve considerably as the series progresses. However, it is probably best to consider it a story about a rock band first, and a mecha show secondly, than anything else. It also helps to have a fair grounding in Japanese culture, as there are some concepts in there that will seem strange or unexplained to the uninitiated. (This is of course true of all anime, but moreso in a character story like Macross 7. Less so in mecha focused series like Macross Plus.)