New Giant Robo Series

JELEINEN

Just watched the first episode of this and was very impressed. Anyone else manage to catch it? Also, does anyone know how close this version is to the manga? I know the Giant Robo: The Animation OVA from the 80's/90's wasn't at all.

Just from watching the first episode, I think this one might be further from the original than the OVA was.

To the best of my admittedly limited knowledge, they managed to veer as far as humanly possible in the space of thirty minutes.

It's my understanding that the 60s live-action show was a semi-faithful adaptation, and the only attempt that's been made at one.

Yep. The sub just came out. I watched some of it back when they previewed it online months ago. I liked the look of it. That said, I doubt it'll be remotely as awesome as the previous (which basically took elements from all his mangas). The twists alone made that great, to speak nothing of the rest.

Yep. The sub just came out. I watched some of it back when they previewed it online months ago. I liked the look of it. That said, I doubt it'll be remotely as awesome as the previous (which basically took elements from all his mangas). The twists alone made that great, to speak nothing of the rest.

Cool, I will go download it. But the old Giant Robo was not awesome because it took elements from most of Mitsuteru Yokoyama's manga stories, it was because Imagawa is an awesome and kind of insane director!