Display cases (need opinions)

rewooh

I just recently went over to an Ikea in philly and picked out a Detolf display case even has a light you can mount on the top. All in all for $99 this case rocks there is one drawback though, the glass shelving will slide and might possibly fall, how I solved this problem was I superglued the plastic clips that go on the supports to the glass shelving which solved the sliding problem. I looked at the others and in person the Detoulf had the best presentation ability.

Rob :ph34r:

Does anyone know if there's anybody who makes custom lighting for display cases? Preferably in Toronto. I'm in desparate need of some.

Anybody ever try Chistmas lights ?:huh: Just an idea.

-1s.

I think you could just attach lights to your display case. THey have these ones that look just like the kinds you find on ikea display cases. you might look into those. I don't know where you'd find them though. Can't be too difficult...

Anyone know where I can get a Detolf besides an IKEA store? They don't sell it at their US website (out of stock?), it's about $30 more at their Canadian site (not to mention shipping), and the closest store to me is miles away.

Anyone know where I can get a Detolf besides an IKEA store? They don't sell it at their US website (out of stock?), it's about $30 more at their Canadian site (not to mention shipping), and the closest store to me is miles away.

why don't you ask someone to buy it for you and ship it to you?

i have an ikea like 10min away from me, but i duno if it'll work or not.

i have an ikea like 10min away from me, but i duno if it'll work or not.

Mainly because:

A) I don't want to impose on anyone...I'd rather take care of it myself and

B) I'm distrustful of people I don't know.

;)

I personally wouldnt recommend shipping this display case. I think it would hold up ok but your looking at roughly 45-50 pounds of glass give or take so to ship the package would start costing some $$$. I had to drive 2 hours to get to philly for the ikea near me but it was worth the drive just make sure you drive something that you can bring it back in.

Rob :ph34r:

I personally wouldnt recommend shipping this display case.  I think it would hold up ok but your looking at roughly 45-50 pounds of glass give or take so to ship the package would start costing some $$$.  I had to drive 2 hours to get to philly for the ikea near me but it was worth the drive just make sure you drive something that you can bring it back in.

Rob  :ph34r:

Well, the alternative is a 4 hour trip south and a 4 hour trip back. I may have to forget about it for the time being.

Edited by Draykov

Does anyone know if there's anybody who makes custom lighting for display cases? Preferably in Toronto. I'm in desparate need of some.

Anybody ever try Chistmas lights ?:huh: Just an idea.

-1s.

Hey Mark 1S, I live in T.O. too! My homey in the T dot.

As for lighting for your display case, some of the ones at Ikea do have the option of putting a light in. There are some places that will custm make a cabinet but they cost a fortune. You can try doing a search on Canada411.com. Click on find a business and use a keyword search of glass or cabinets. You'll have to some calling around. But if you want cheap then you can't beat Ikea. There's a new one on Hwy 400 and Hwy. 7.