ARMD- 1/700

007-vf1

Well not much of an update from me but I have added some paint to the tiny VF-0S to see how they will look in a finished form. I had to hand paint all the details as it's just so small, the skulls where really hard but it looks good IMO for the size, decals would have been great but I just don't have the time at the moment plus I like a little hand painting. :D

post-5632-1190367441_thumb.jpgpost-5632-1190367639_thumb.jpg

post-5632-1190367837_thumb.jpg

post-5632-1190368010_thumb.jpg

Edited by warpaint22

Shoo fly, shooo! :lol: That thing is tiny in comparison! That looks great man, I'm inspired! I personally appreciate the hard work of sculpting and painting that. I'm sure people are still asking for castings of your valk! - MT

Shoo fly, shooo! :lol: That thing is tiny in comparison! That looks great man, I'm inspired! I personally appreciate the hard work of sculpting and painting that. I'm sure people are still asking for castings of your valk! - MT

I'm just about ready with the casting of the VF-0 and the local guys I know around have snapped what I planned to produce up so I'm hoping to do another run towards november to offer to MW members but things are really buisy at the moment. I'm still working through the kits I'm building for customers so I don't get a lot of time to do my own stuff and I've got to do a 1/48 (club-M I think) VF-1S to build which will take up a lot of time but I enjoy posting what I can when I can. Thanks again to 007-vf1 for letting me share his thread, maybe this will become the 1/700 thread who knows.post-5632-1190446771.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone... Almost a month and a half since started and have a tiny update. I have the main side thrusters done and mildly detailed. The basic top command tower building its done and will need tweaking, putty filling, sanding, scribing and some more detailing.

My biggest problem now is that I don't know what to use for those main exhaust thrusters they are big and a handful . I have some Kotobukiya nozzle sets but they are too small. Any advise on what to use for replacement...? they have to be about 5/8 X 6/8 inch or 1.75 x 2 cm.

I was thinking on learning how to cast pieces...great !! now more work I can't hardly spent time doing..

now some pics...

post-104-1191291246_thumb.jpg

post-104-1191291265_thumb.jpg

Edited by 007-vf1

Cool update, ha you beet me I'm still flat out. Looking great 007-vf1 but I can't give any advice on the trusters as I'm not quite sure what or how they look. Casting is great to learn but I know how you feel being pressed for time. Keep it going though it's looking awesome and you've come to far now. :)

Looking greater than ever! Yeah, make ONE that you really like and cast it for uniformity. It WILL save you time and improve the professional appearance. Plus you'll learn more about the hobby; even if you've casted before. Keep up the good work! - MT