Hasegawa Kits

wwwmwww

Guys,

I was just looking here:

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/models...wa/hasegawa.htm

And was wondering if we could make this a complete list. I'd love for this to be a complete list of EVERY Macross kit Hasegawa has released. We could add the initial release date and for event only kits maybe we could add the event it was released at. What do you think? If it’s a limited release and there is any idea how limited I'd like to see that info as well. I understand the model section of MacrossWorld would be very hard to keep up to date with all the rare resin kits etc. that are out there but Hasegawa is a big company and I would think we should be able to keep this portion of it up to date at least. I haven't talked to Shawn in a while but maybe this is something I could talk him into showing me how to update. I just want to help keep MacrossWorld up to date and as models are my passion maybe this is something I could do to help. Time is very scarce these days but I don't think this is something that would be too hard to do.

Is there a more complete list on-line someplace already? Any Hasegawa collectors out there keeping their own list up to date? If so let’s share it here. If you have any info [dates, pics, scans, etc.] please put them here and I'll give Shawn a call and see what I can do. If someone is already working on this please don't let me step on any toes. As I said, free time is scarce and I'm not able to keep up with the forums to the extent that I used to. It's just that I see posts like this one:

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?show...mp;#entry499961

that in a few years no one will be able to find and new members won't even know to look for that I think would better benefit everyone if this type of info was saved in the model section. What do others think?

Thanks,

Carl

I wish someone would give the model section of the main site some love. I'd do it in a heartbeat but I've asked before and got no response.

If you look at HLJ's list of Macross models it's pretty complete since it includes kits that are out of production.

I wish someone would give the model section of the main site some love. I'd do it in a heartbeat but I've asked before and got no response.

If you look at HLJ's list of Macross models it's pretty complete since it includes kits that are out of production.

I was gonna sugest that too.

The model section needs some love. I have some of the kits that havent been scanned photo`ed etc from Wave and Hasegawa, I would be happy to give the information to update those items.

Well, the standard stuff is pretty easy to gather info and pics of. It's those limited, lucky draw and price giveaway kits that are hard to gather info on.

As far as I know, there is a limited VF-1S in metallic coating (not to be mixed up with the VF-1S Strike in champagne coating) and also a model contest price, a chrome VF-0S!

I think Jesse was going to update the model section a while back. But it seems he's been quite busy, and so nothing really happened :(

Before that, I had offered to work on it while I was unemployed, but I never got site access, so nothing came of that either. I got as far as revamping the Wave page, but I never had a means of uploading it.

I think it's time to hand the reigns over to someone else. I can provide plenty of pics, but I don't have the time anymore to put a web page of them together

I think it's time to hand the reigns over to someone else. I can provide plenty of pics, but I don't have the time anymore to put a web page of them together

I don't have alot of free time either so I may be biting off more then I can chew. So for now, I want to limit the scope to the Hasegawa kits. I can start with HLJ for the normal releases but I don't think they have the event only releases and I'm not even sure what is meant by "lucky draw and price giveaway kits". As you can see my lack of free time has kept me a bit out of the loop.

I think (as time permits) I'll start on an excel sheet that lists the kits. I'll have columns for kit name, model number, release date, type of release, pics if instructions, pic of box art, pics of parts, pics of completed kit release by Hasegawa, pics of completed kit submitted by fans, pics of decals, etc.

And once I have that I'll post it here and you'll see what I need and you can let me know what I'm missing. I probably won't have time to work on this till next weekend but we'll see.

Thanks,

Carl

Edited by wwwmwww

I don't have alot of free time either so I may be biting off more then I can chew. So for now, I want to limit the scope to the Hasegawa kits. I can start with HLJ for the normal releases but I don't think they have the event only releases and I'm not even sure what is meant by "lucky draw and price giveaway kits". As you can see my lack of free time has kept me a bit out of the loop.

I think (as time permits) I'll start on an excel sheet that lists the kits. I'll have columns for kit name, model number, release date, type of release, pics if instructions, pic of box art, pics of parts, pics of completed kit release by Hasegawa, pics of completed kit submitted by fans, pics of decals, etc.

And once I have that I'll post it here and you'll see what I need and you can let me know what I'm missing. I probably won't have time to work on this till next weekend but we'll see.

Thanks,

Carl

I've got a good starting point already on an Excel sheet of the model kits if you'd like it.

I've got a good starting point already on an Excel sheet of the model kits if you'd like it.

Actually, while I was working on stuff for the model section, I made a spreadsheet of all the Macross resin kits that I knew to exist at the time. By now, I'm sure there's like 50 kits I could add to the Wonderfest/independent category, but the rest of it should still be pretty close to complete.

Grayson72 and Valkyrie,

Yes, I'd love to see what you have. Could you attach the excel sheets to a post here in this thread? If you'd rather email them to me you can use carlDOTnDOThoff@gmailDOTcom. Just replace the capital leters what what they imply.

Thanks,

Carl

Grayson72 and Valkyrie,

Yes, I'd love to see what you have. Could you attach the excel sheets to a post here in this thread? If you'd rather email them to me you can use carlDOTnDOThoff@gmailDOTcom. Just replace the capital leters what what they imply.

Thanks,

Carl

Carl I've always wondered why people post email addresses like you have. Is it because of spambots surfing the net for address@email.com and suddenly you're spammed or is it something else?

Mark

Ok... I got a little done but not quite as much as I wanted. I dug out my personal Hasegawa collection.

Hasegawa.png

I was working on this before TI laid me off and I never picked it up again. I may someday but I think this is a complete set of their first 13 Macross kits includind the 4 event only releases you see on the top right.

I also started on a spreadsheet. I don't have Excel on my new PC yet and a friend pointed me to OpenOffice so this was created with that and saved in the Excel format. If anyone has trouble opening this with Excel let me know but with OpenOffice being free it was too good a deal to pass up. Anyways, this excel file at the moment just contains what is in the model section here at MacrossWorld.

http://www.wwwmwww.com/Hasegawa/hasegawa.xls

I still need to:

(1) Go through Valkyrie's and Grayson72's files and add anything not already here.

(2) Check HLJ.com and add anything they have.

(3) The 4 event only realease I have aren't on this list yet and I'm sure there are others. I'll propably need help getting this part complete.

(4) I also want to see what I can find on the Hasegawa web site. So far I've found this: http://www.hasegawa-model.co.jp/zaikorisuto/VF-SZ.htm

Does anyone know the site where they generally release the pictures of the completed kits at? I'd like to try to see if I could use TheWayBackMacine and see if I can get a set of pictures released by Hasegawa. For example, here is a link to a picture that is currently on the Hasegawa site:

http://www.hasegawa-model.co.jp/VF/25TH/VF-1-1.jpg

I got this link from another thread here at MacrossWorld and I can't seem to find the link to it if I start from here:

http://www.hasegawa-model.co.jp/

If I can figure out how to find the above picture starting from the main page maybe I can find older pictures starting from here:

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.hasegawa-model.co.jp

Oh well, its a start. I'll post another update next weekend if not before.

Carl

P.S. Two quick questions about this site: http://www.hasegawa-model.co.jp/zaikorisuto/VF-SZ.htm

(1) Why do all the kits have 2 prices next to them?

(2) What is that QG3 kit listed at the bottom? I see VF-1 in the description but its the only one listed without a picture of the box art.

Edited by wwwmwww

(1) Why do all the kits have 2 prices next to them?

(2) What is that QG3 kit listed at the bottom? I see VF-1 in the description but its the only one listed without a picture of the box art.

1) That's not too uncommon. One is the MSRP price, which is also listed on the box after the model number (for example: #65701 : 1600 for the VF-1A fighter, which was Y1600). The other is the cost of the kit with tax included.

2) QG3 = VF-1 バルキリー エッチングパーツ = VF-1 Valkyrie Etching Parts

It's the set of photo-etched detail parts.

Hello,

Ok, I made some headway this past weekend. All the work is here:

http://www.wwwmwww.com/Hasegawa/

I think I did everything I wanted to except alot of digging with the way back machine. My most up-to-date excel file is here:

http://www.wwwmwww.com/Hasegawa/hasegawa.xls

I also took Grayson72's file and turned it into this:

http://www.wwwmwww.com/Hasegawa/Model_list.xls

Which contains most of the questions I'll repeat below.

(1) I've saved all the pictures I could find on the current Hasegawa website and HLJ. They are available at the first link above in sub directories by model number. The pics I have of the event only kits are in the "other" directory. Many of the HLJ pics I'm sure are low quality gifs made from higher quality jpegs that I'm sure were on the Hasegawa website at some time or another. If anyone has these or other pictures please let me know.

(2) Base of the info I have I assume its safe to say the moldel numbers 65701 through 65750 are their normal macross releases. The model numbers 65751 through 65800 are reserved for their limited macross releases. And it appears their event only releases don't have model numbers at all. The odd ball at the moment is model number 72103. Is there a 72101 or 72102?

(3) I believe the list I have of the 21 normal releases is complete. Of the limited releases I'm missing model number 65767 and these 3 in a row (65772, 65773, and 65774). Based on this thread http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=9583 I'd say the 3 in a row are the 3 Hasegawa Promotional Posters mentioned? Anyone have these posters or pictures of them? Do they have part numbers? How much were they?

(4) What is model number 65767? In might be one of the kits mentioned below... I just don't know.

(5) Regarding the kit called "Hasegawa 1/72 VF-1S "Metal Plated" Fighter Valkyrie, Limited Edition" in the Model_list file, I fould this quote from ChristopherB here at MacrossWorld, "The VF-1S non-Strike version is a different metal color (silver as opposed to champagne), and you could only get it via a mail away contest or something like that." Anyone here have this kit? Does it have a model number? Any details on the contest? How many were made? Dates for the contest? Etc...

(6) Regarding the kit called "Hasegawa 1/72 VF-1(A/S) "Metal Plated" Strike Fighter Valkyrie" in the Model_list file, I believe this is kit number 65754. But I see no mention of the VF-1A option on the box art. Is that correct?

(7) Regarding the kit called "Hasegawa 1/72 VF-0S "Metal Plated" Fighter Valkyrie, Limited Edition" in the Model_list file, I fould this quote from ChristopherB here at MacrossWorld, "apparently you could only get this kit by winning a contest. Does anyone have more information about the origin?" Let me second ChristopherB's question and add... Does this kit have a model number? Anyone here own this kit or have any pictures of it? Etc...

(8) Regarding the kit called "Hasegawa 1/72 VF-1(A/J) Super Fighter Valkyrie" in the Model_list file, Can 65704 be built as a VF-1J? Again I don't see mention of that option on the box.

(9) Regarding the kit called "Hasegawa 1/72 VF-1(A/S) Super/Strike Fighter Valkyrie Version 1 or Version 2"... Can these kits (I believe we are talking about model number 65705) be built as a VF-1A? I see no mention of that option on the box. Plus the note here in the model section at MacrossWorld states this kit can't be built as a Super only a Strike. Also this link http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?s=&a...st&p=194585 talks about the difference between version 1 and version 2. Do they have different box art? I'm still not sure how one would tell the difference if they saw one of these kits on eBay for example.

(10) Regarding "Hasegawa 1/72 Macross Option Decal #04 "Minmay Guard Version 2" in the Model_list file I fould this quote from xstoys "The seperate decal set was only available as an exclusive during one of those Japan only conventions, C3 I believe." Anyone here have this set? Does it have a part number? If released at C3 what were the dates of the event? Price? Etc...

(11) Regarding "Hasegawa 1/72 VF-1(A/J/S) Battroid Valkyrie Upgrade Parts" in the Model_list file I found this quote from nemesis120 "There supposedly were some problems on the VF-1 Battroid Valkyrie kit (not the super or strike) that were corrected on the later ones, and Hasegawa released parts to correct this (supposedly event only parts)." Anyone here have this? I need pictures. Does it have a model or part number? What event were they released at? Price? Etc...

(12) I have this kit "Hasegawa 1/72 VF-1(A/J/S) "Clear/Clear Event Only" Fighter Valkyrie" but I don't have any info on the event it was released at, or dates, or price? Were there any nice pictures of it released by Hasegawa?

(13) I have the clear red/blue/green event only kits but again I don't have any info on the event they were released at, or dates, or price? Were there any nice pictures of these released by Hasegawa?

(14) I also found this thread in my hunting http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=20366. Looks like ChristopherB had many of these kits and it looks like he sold them to another MacrossWorld member through ebay. Did anyone save the pictures that were posted for this auction? I can't tell exactly what was sold? Does anyone know who won the auction? I'd love to ask him (or her) for some pictures if they still have the stuff.

(15) And as always if I missed anything PLEASE let me know.

Thanks,

Carl

Edited by wwwmwww