Macross Maximum Box! Ltd. 9CDs

jipe

I saw this on Amazon Japan a few weeks ago. They say it is a limited collection of CD singels, guess to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Macross!

The pic was taken from the Amazon website, pretty cool artwork if its going to be the boxart!

post-1066-1186631334_thumb.jpg

Mine came today here's some pics. I don't want to start anything, however I'm a little disappointed that 4 of 9 the discs are from Macross 7. So for those that like Mac7, This is a good set for your collection. I do like disc 9 which has 5 version of "my boyfriend is a pilot" and disc 6 which has a Karaoke duet song with either Minmay or Mylene.

post-405-1186636036_thumb.jpg

post-405-1186636051_thumb.jpg

Any coverage from the Movie/OVA of Macross 7 in that collection? Or just the TV series? Can't zoom in on picture....grrr.

Anyway, it's a must get. There has been nothing official for ages. I like getting the real deal, not MP3 downloads or bootlegs.

Edited by kensei

Mine came today here's some pics. I don't want to start anything, however I'm a little disappointed that 4 of 9 the discs are from Macross 7. So for those that like Mac7, This is a good set for your collection. I do like disc 9 which has 5 version of "my boyfriend is a pilot" and disc 6 which has a Karaoke duet song with either Minmay or Mylene.

Not to start anything either, but by looking over the list in the pics you supplied, Gunbuster, there's precious little Macross music outside of 7 and VFX-2 there at all -- it's pretty much the OP and ED from Macross TV and Ai Oboeteimasuka and Tenshi no E no Gu from DYRL,and the different versions of "Pilot" as you mentioned. There's nothing at all from Plus or II or Zero that I can see -- it seems to be geared to fans of 7 and the VF-X2 video game, with the bare minimum of older music thrown in as a sop to old-school fans.

In short, I think I'll give this one a pass -- too many discs for too little content that I'd be interested in listening to or don't have already at least twice.

I like getting the real deal, not MP3 downloads or bootlegs.

I hear ya. I hate the lousy quality and variable volume of music downloads. I avoid them like the plague. Most of them are crappy 128 kb rips and I'm the kinda guy that complains CDs are too low quality. I really hope a new audio format comes out soon. I want vinyl quality audio on a cheap digital format.

I hear ya. I hate the lousy quality and variable volume of music downloads. I avoid them like the plague. Most of them are crappy 128 kb rips and I'm the kinda guy that complains CDs are too low quality. I really hope a new audio format comes out soon. I want vinyl quality audio on a cheap digital format.

IMO, CD quality is fine as long as the music label doesn't try to jack up the volume at the cost of fidelity.

Anyways, given the crap headphones/speakers most people have, i doubt they would even notice the difference between a 128 bit MP3 and a nice lossless rip.

back to the subject, I'm going to have to pass as well. Not enough new music to justify rebuying 75% of what I already have.

I sympathise with those that didn't get the stuff they want, hell some of the older stuff from the original SDF:Macross ain't there either, but we haven't had anything like this in ages.

Hopefully there will be a collection II to complete it.

In short, I think I'll give this one a pass -- too many discs for too little content that I'd be interested in listening to or don't have already at least twice.

I agree with you Pat, I too wanted some MAC Plus and MAC II love :ph34r: if I knew all the tracks ahead I would have skipped this one too <_< ;;

here's some more pics

post-405-1186676310_thumb.jpg

post-405-1186676318_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the pictures.

As I see, nothing really new and not the music ultimate and complete best of ....

So many CDs for so few titles ! I will pass on it...

(The cover looks strange or it's just me... seems there are the body of Misa and the head of Minmay !!! :blink: )

Does JVC Victor even own II, Plus, and Zero music? I think that's one of the bigger problems with Macross music compilations. I'm a little confused as to what they can and can't release.

I can't vouch for Zero, but JVC Victor does own the music to Macross II and Plus. I think the reason they're not on this compilation has to do with those series relatively low popularity in Japan.

Would anyone with this set be willing to make a high res scan of the Minmay cockpit picture?

I was considering ordering this a while back before it was released, but I decided to get a copy of the older "Macross The Complete" instead. That was worth every penny, I'm enjoying it a lot.

I'm disappointed that there is no Macross Plus music on the new CD as that was one of the main reasons I was considering it in the first place. The artwork looks pretty sweet though. That makes it tempting to get on its own.

Edited by bankrupt

• 4 weeks later...

Just got it today.

THis box set is awesome. Pure quality audio goodness when I played it with my Logitech X-530 Surround Sound Speakers cranked up to the max. I hope for sure that there is a second box set that brings more Macross songs, especially from Macross Plus.

Thanks for the pictures.

As I see, nothing really new and not the music ultimate and complete best of ....

So many CDs for so few titles ! I will pass on it...

(The cover looks strange or it's just me... seems there are the body of Misa and the head of Minmay !!! :blink: )

Heheh... remember in SDF:M there was a short segment where Minmay was doing photoshoots for the UN Spacy, wearing a uniform? Most likely for something like recruiting posters or even ship-broadcasted ads.

The part was where she was dressed in a uniform, sanding next to a VF-1A, saluting.

Heheh... remember in SDF:M there was a short segment where Minmay was doing photoshoots for the UN Spacy, wearing a uniform? Most likely for something like recruiting posters or even ship-broadcasted ads.

The part was where she was dressed in a uniform, sanding next to a VF-1A, saluting.

He... That's true.. Thanks. I should see at new this episode. Don't remember it was the same color uniform...

• 4 weeks later...
Does anyone know what the second song on the VF-X2 Get Free CD is? It's by Fukuyama I know that much.

Actually, Get Free and the other song, Atarashii Kaze, were sung by Humming Bird. Fukuyama-san was a member of Humming Bird from 1988 until the group split in 2000.

I ordered the set and am looking forword to getting it, mainly because of Atarashii Kaze. I really like the song, but it's one of the few Humming Bird songs I don't have on CD yet. I have an mp3 of it, but that's just not quite the same, eh.

I discovered Humming Bird just about the time they broke up and missed getting the singles at first release. This rerelease set makes me quite happy. :)

peace

Edited by alindasue

I can't vouch for Zero, but JVC Victor does own the music to Macross II and Plus. I think the reason they're not on this compilation has to do with those series relatively low popularity in Japan.

Victor owns all Macross music rights, except Macross Generations. The reason why Macross Plus was not included was because there were no single releases. This box just collects the singles (LP or CD) and re-releases them as full 12 inch CDs. I'm disappointed by most of the cover art, though. I was hoping it would look exactly like the original, or at least very close.

Macross II had two singles (not including the special Bandai sendaway), but I'm guessing it wasn't included since it's not considered canon.

He... That's true.. Thanks. I should see at new this episode. Don't remember it was the same color uniform...

I don't have my SDFM DVDs with me, so I can't check. But going from memory, the uniform was essentially has Hikaru's service uniform color. White, red trim, blue background for he shoulder thingie. It's been a while though.