LOLWTF at "Kindred: The Embraced"

OMGWTF, the vampire show that SCIFI announced a while back is a Vampire: The Masquerade show!!!

Unfortunately, it's just barely watchable, and looks like it was made around 1995...

And a few facts seem to be way off (vampires don't drink wine, and male ones generally don't...do it, IIRC)

And WTF were they doing in daylight (albeit dusk or dawn) without bursting into flames?

And a few facts seem to be way off (vampires don't drink wine, and male ones generally don't...do it, IIRC)

And WTF were they doing in daylight (albeit dusk or dawn) without bursting into flames?

Ah yes, the vampire mythos is one that has become rather convoluted and changed--apparently just on the whim of the particular storyteller--with each succeeding generation. I don't know about minions and "converted" vampires, but the "original" vampire Dracula, walked about in the daytime and mingled with Londoners--but he was as weak and "mortal" as any other man when he did so. IIRC, it wasn't a proverbial wooden stake that did him in, either; it was in fact Jonathan Harker plunging a big ol' [bowie?] knife into his chest--he just did it while still in the waning daylight hours, and sunlight was still on them, thus turning Dracula to dust.

Yup, the vampire myth has been twisted, changed and just plain warped by Hollywood so that I'm surprised young moviegoers even have a clue as to what the "rules" for vampires, werewolves and such even are any more...don't know where the whole "bursting into flames" stuff originated from...

Ah yes, the vampire mythos is one that has become rather convoluted and changed--apparently just on the whim of the particular storyteller--with each succeeding generation. I don't know about minions and "converted" vampires, but the "original" vampire Dracula, walked about in the daytime and mingled with Londoners--but he was as weak and "mortal" as any other man when he did so. IIRC, it wasn't a proverbial wooden stake that did him in, either; it was in fact Jonathan Harker plunging a big ol' [bowie?] knife into his chest--he just did it while still in the waning daylight hours, and sunlight was still on them, thus turning Dracula to dust.

Yup, the vampire myth has been twisted, changed and just plain warped by Hollywood so that I'm surprised young moviegoers even have a clue as to what the "rules" for vampires, werewolves and such even are any more...don't know where the whole "bursting into flames" stuff originated from...

I know Dracula had no problem with daylight (IIRC the first vamp to die from UV rays was Nosferatu), but from what I've learned from VTM: BLOODLINES is that the vamps in VTM can't go out in sunlight (they can't even look at the sunrise).

Didn't the CCG come first? I remember its original title was "Jyhad" which was quickly changed (for obvious reasons) to "Vampire: The Eternal Struggle."

And I actually liked Kindred! It was one of the few shows that had a very cool portrayal of Vampires and the secret war raging among Vampire clans in U.S. cities, as opposed to the campier take introduced by Whedon. I understand it was cancelled because the lead actor died.