Just got my first 1/48

Knightdramon

Just received my first bundle, Hayao's DYRL valk along with a set of fast packs for the jet to use.

So far I've only opened and fiddled with the Valkyrie, not a bad figure, but all tads of floppy before you secure the damn tabs and whatnot in battroid mode. Still feels like it'll come apart when I pick it up by the waist.

What recommendations do you have when it comes to handling the valk? Which of all the parts is the BP8 or something that's rumoured to be very prone to breaking? On a side note, the backpack does not sit flush on the back and I feel like the tab that's holding it in place is actually forcing it and it'll snap. And I still haven't attached the fastpacks yet...

Thanks in advance

PS: So looking forward to completing the DYRL skull squadron...

If the backpack isn't sitting flush make sure you've dropped the little "shark fin" piece inward. Also note that the trap door the head comes through can be pushed inward until it clicks. This entire area and process is where the dreaded BP8 comes into play. The BP8 is the plastic that comprises the hinged that the backpack sits on. If you don't collapse the little shark fin or if you lift too hard on the backpack you will snap the plastic in the hinge.

Edit-Looking at the neglected instruction manual revealed which part was BP8, and a firm SNAP of the damn part above it forward made the entire backpack sit flush and tight. I suppose I hadn't snapped it forward beforehand. It now support the fastpacks very firmly. Simply awesome figure.

Thanks in advance

Edited by Knightdramon

Congratulations! I remember when I got my first 1/48. Transforming from fighter to GERWALK took me an hour and a half. hahaha! :lol: Mainly because of trying to get the shoulders slide below the hips. I should've disconnected the hips from the chest part that time. Not a big deal because I was all too exciting!

Enjoy your new valk. And which is your next target?

Congratulations! I remember when I got my first 1/48. Transforming from fighter to GERWALK took me an hour and a half. hahaha! :lol: Mainly because of trying to get the shoulders slide below the hips. I should've disconnected the hips from the chest part that time. Not a big deal because I was all too exciting!

Enjoy your new valk. And which is your next target?

It took me longer than that because I could not figure out where all the locking points were (I did it without instructions).

My next target is a set of armour parts for my valk, then Roy's 1/48. A set of fastpacks for him, Max's TV 1J...and then probably the rest of the DYRL team. Maybe more armour parts. It's an addiction...

• 2 weeks later...