VF-0a Shin is in stock HLJ.com!

ruskiiVFaussie

But where is my confirmation e-mail HLJ????????????

Who else hasn't received the payment notice e-mail thinghy yet? I early birdied. so.....

I WANT MY 0! :D:D:Dhttp://www.hlj.com/product/YMT00056 Can't wait.

:edit:

Gaspness! My Shin is listed in a combined order with my Early birded Fold Bosster FP set!

Wonders never cease, i think i'll wait and get the 2 sent together, nice! :D I can wait i can wait.

Who else got theirs coming???

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Found out mine was getting ready when Bank of America called me to let me know they put a hold on my card for suspicious activities ... Funny when I make 5-6 orders from HLJ a year.

Got the shipping notice the other day, but was shocked to see how much EMS shipping added to the final cost. I may start buying them locally (i.e., from US vendors) if this keeps up.

How much was the EMS shipping? I've never ordered something from HLJ that had to be shipped EMS.

i'm just guessing but a standard 1/48 ships for $25-$30 so this is probably like $40-$45.

HLJ is forcing their customers to use EMS shipping for high ticket items.

its not a bad thing since it includes insurance and global tracking.

My total came to 23510 Yen, which came to $198.30 with the exchange rate at the time of payment. EMS shipping alone was a full 4700 Yen ($39.64)... talk about expensive. :blink:

However, the way I look at it, if I were to buy a stand alone VF-0A + a separate Ghost I would end up shelling out another $15-$30 (or more) after shipping, even from a US retailer. Plus, having purchased from HLJ gives me the opportunity to procure a set of POM upper arms to put on my VF-0S. All in all, I'm cool with the final cost (I have to keep telling myself that to reduce the sting :rolleyes: ).

Edited by mechaninac

HLJ is good . I buy a lot of SOC and now Aoshima from them

but the shipping costs can be high with EMS. big box items like

Macross just make it harder to order from them.

Found out mine was getting ready when Bank of America called me to let me know they put a hold on my card for suspicious activities ... Funny when I make 5-6 orders from HLJ a year.

Batou, that's funny because last month, Bank of America did the same thing to me... I had made like 4 HLJ orders in the past month and BoA decided the third in the set was suspicious so we had to call those morons and fix it...

I was thinking to save money maybe HLJ can just ditch the boxes and make a more compact box (something solid enough to protect the toy), to put it all in?

I want to buy stuff but save on shipping, and don't care too much about the box if it means it is going to add extra cost. I hate the yamato boxes!

I understand it is for presentation purposes for retail that they won't make small boxes, but if the box is going to cost extra I would love to have an option to have the toy and accessories removed from it, chucked into a better and smaller more compact one and save money.

Yeah - shipping was the same for me at 4700 yen.

I appreciate the thought of what BofA was trying to do ... if it was me getting ripped off for real, then I'd definitely be singing a different tune. It's kind of nice to know that someone's watching my back (even if it's admittedly in their own self-interest to not have to eat the cost if it were fraudulent).

Arkham - I don't know about them being the best as far as parts service (thankfully I've never needed them for this), but I'm willing to bet replacing broken or faulty merchandise with them would be a major pain as opposed to a local distributor, mostly because of the time and cost of shipping, as well as language barrier. I've been very lucky so far with nothing damaged in shipping or QA defects that were deal breakers (crooked gunpods and slightly askew skull emblems aren't enough to warrant a return, anyway ...).

Their prices are just pretty tough to beat for the local guys, even with the shipping factored in. I typically buy a number of things from them at once, as well, to consolidate on shipping and save a bundle. YMMV, of course. If you want more peace of mind in case of problems, I've had very good luck with Twin Moons locally (US) and have heard very good things about Big Bad Toy Store ... I do miss Kevin running Valkyrie Exchange, though ... (sniff)