Pirates: At World's End

I wanted Keith Richards to be a total badass as well... when he appears, I half expected Tim Curry as Captain Hook from the Robin William's Hook to walk down the steps... I woulda appreciated that kinda of nod, but for Keith Richards, I felt he was a waste...

Well i saw it yesterday and i was wow'd. :D pretty cool!

I hope they continue on with a 4th or more.

Atleast they made Will a bit cooler in this one.

promethuem5 i agree, he was ok, but should have been more badass. He was ok. :D

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I wanted Keith Richards to be a total badass as well... when he appears, I half expected Tim Curry as Captain Hook from the Robin William's Hook to walk down the steps... I woulda appreciated that kinda of nod, but for Keith Richards, I felt he was a waste...

That was Dustin Hoffman that played Capt. Hook :D

Do you guys think maybe Keith Richards is just so physically wasted that he wasn't able to do anything more than what we saw on the screen? I mean, the guy probably needs animatronics to help him move onstage at Stone's concerts.

I guess they could have CG'd him kicking some butt. :p

I enjoyed the film overall, but not quite as much as the first two. All of the people I went with agreed that there should have been more swordfighting, and that what little there was (on top of the mast) was fairly lame.

'On the mast' was too drawn out, but what pirate movie hasn't got some bullcrap

sword dual on some crazy unstable foothold. :p

And all this talk about who'd be a better Sparrow daddy?

DUSTIN HOFFMAN. He totally ruled in HOOK. And in the 'Peter Pan' flick

Jeremy Sumpter (as Hook) he is deffinently next in line for Pirate king

goodness. But i guess we were looking for old looks and charisma. :p

So Hoffman wouldv'e won. :p

ohh ohh and SMEE from 'Hook' would totally overshadow Mr Gibbs. From both movies (Hook, Peter Pan)

I love these two movies.

Yeah Disney movie it be. :lol:

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Do you guys think maybe Keith Richards is just so physically wasted that he wasn't able to do anything more than what we saw on the screen? I mean, the guy probably needs animatronics to help him move onstage at Stone's concerts.

I guess they could have CG'd him kicking some butt. :p

I enjoyed the film overall, but not quite as much as the first two. All of the people I went with agreed that there should have been more swordfighting, and that what little there was (on top of the mast) was fairly lame.

Maybe, remember also that Richards recently had to have brain surgery after falling on his head out of a palm tree trying to fetch a coconut. I'm not sure if that was before or after he filmed the Pirates part.

I loved Jack's intro in this movie with the big sniffing nose, and was fairly amused by the multiple Jacks, even if it was a bit overused. Also enjoyed him riding the Black Pearl to the beach, in a nod to his introduction in the first film.

Riding the Pearl along the beach would have been much better if they had finished the nod with his 'Captain Jack Sparrow' line... that was sorta how I felt throughout the whole movie... it had lots of almost awesome stuff, but I felt like everytime they tried to throw in an awesome swagger-ey bit like in the other two, they never quite got there with the delivery...