Macros Mosaic imagery

Solscud007

Ok well my girlfriend is going to take a computational photography class this fall. Her friend already took it. and mentioned that you learn how to make photomosaics. Anyway she started early on a mosaic project that her friend had mentioned and of course my brain started working on how could i make this work for Macross.

Oh also its not a program she found or got from her friend. she wrote the program code for code herself.

I captured my R2 DYRL dvd to my computer and exported 1 frame per second at 320x240 giffs. it came out to about 6800 images. I originally did it at 30 fps but it was ridiculous. it ended up being 75 gb worth of gifs at 720x480.

anyway here is her first attempt. she will re-do it with the images cropped (you can see the black border of the images) and this time have the program put in 200 images across. Right now it is using 100 images horizontally.

here is the image reduced

IPB Image

here is a close up.

IPB Image

of course I have the higher res version and it will be a poster.

Edited by Solscud007

Are all the images in the Mosaic macross ones?

That is always cool when mosaics are done like that!

BTW, if you are taking pre-orders for the poster I'd be interested... ;)

yes they are. I captured the entire DYRL movie onto my cmputer and cut the movie into frames. basically like screeenshots but more sophistcated. I had Adobe premiere make frames ever second.