Macross music in Karaoke

Did anyone ever try singing a Macross song at a Karaoke place?

I wanted to try, when I was at a Karaoke place 6 months ago, but I couldn't find anything in the songbook (my first choice was "Main theme"). I thought that perhaps I looked in the wrong listing. Did anyone here try with success?

Edited by Dervish

I sang "Dynamite Explosion" at the upstairs party room in a restaraunt called Korean Village... or I tried too. While they have Japanese songs some of their Japanese songs have Korean lyrics instead of the real Japanese lyrics. I can read Japanese, I can't read Korean... so I was thrown off.

Plus, remember that if you're looking for Macross in the karaoke book, that you need to be under the ã¡ã‚‡ã† section of the anime section, as it's 超時空è¦å¡žãƒžã‚¯ãƒ­ã‚¹ and not just マクロス. Otherwise you'll just get stuck with Macross II songs. <_<

Plus, remember that if you're looking for Macross in the karaoke book, that you need to be under the ã¡ã‚‡ã† section of the anime section, as it's 超時空è¦å¡žãƒžã‚¯ãƒ­ã‚¹ and not just マクロス. Otherwise you'll just get stuck with Macross II songs. <_<

Hmm... but Macross II was also 超時空è¦å¡ž, you should be able to get Macross Plus and 7 music by searching for "Ma".

I've seen Macross listed under both the ã¾ and ã¡ã‚‡ sections in various bookstores. I think it relates to how "fan" the shop owner is.

Most mainstream bookshops and videos have Macross titles in the ã¾ section, and most anime-fan dedicated shops have it in the ã¡ã‚‡ section.

It's always good advice to check both sections, but don't expect to find many, if any, Macross songs. Macross hasn't been that popular for the last 20 years, and karaoke shops generally don't keep 25 year-old songs in their library unless if they still bring in the big bucks.

• 2 weeks later...

It's always good advice to check both sections, but don't expect to find many, if any, Macross songs. Macross hasn't been that popular for the last 20 years, and karaoke shops generally don't keep 25 year-old songs in their library unless if they still bring in the big bucks.

Sad. I figured Macross was like Star Wars to the Japanese; i.e. timeless classic.

In that case, I suppose Mospeada songs are completely out of the question :p

Used to have a friend in the UK who memorised the lyrics to all the Fire Bomber songs and used to sing them. I never heard him myself, but by all accounts he was pretty good.

Graham

If thats the guy think it was, I did hear him one time. I was much less familar with anime and Macross 7 at the time, but if memory is not betraying me, he was bloody good...! :) Rick-someone...?